Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Quote:
Round 1 can’t come soon enough for Blues fans after their five-point win over Melbourne on Thursday night.

Under Michael Voss, Carlton looked strong and dynamic at the contest and had a genuine gameplan, holding off the reigning premiers despite playing just 17 men in the second half.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/03/03/blues-midfield-mcgoverns-swing-and-umpire-abuse-what-did-we-learn-from-blues/

Wasn't long ago when we played against 17 and got smashed.

Tables have turned.

I believe at a certain point in that game it was actually 16.

:lol:

Well there you go.

We did bloody well to hold on.
Players were spent in that last quarter.

God I love Carlton!!!

I was actually referring to that game against GWS in 2018, in the last quarter there was a period in that game where GWS only had 16 on the ground and they still managed to play keeping’s off against us - it was very embarrassing

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

snakehips wrote:
Pardon my intrusion into the great wing debate of '22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:47 pm 
Robert Walls

LOB has shown more improvement in 2 games under Voss than 2 seasons under Out of his league-Teague (who almost consigned Kennedy to the scrap heap as well)

LOB has deficiencies to work on but his current trajectory is positive which is all we can ask for

He is a lock for Rd 1 on the wing IMO..what he does with that opportunity come Rd 10 etc. is up to him

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/03/04/ ... son-match/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yikes

Pre season game dude !!

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Am picturing that bloke sitting at his table like Eddy in Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels when he loses the card game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol: :lol:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

snakehips wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I am interested to hear who you have earmarked for the wing in round 1, Stef and BV?
More importantly, looking to the 2nd half of the season, who do you see as a good fit for the wing?
No argument, just curious and I'm a Glass Half full with the prospects, on our list, beyond LOB and Setterfield, to fill the 2 wings.
Pardon my intrusion into the great wing debate of '22, but it got me thinking about who I'd have in there.

I'd definitely have LOB on one wing for round 1. Possession is 9/10ths of the law (isn't it?) and as the incumbent through the practice games, I'd be surprised if he wasn't retained given solid contributions in both games and no major disasters. Yes, he has flaws (questionably soft, panicky decision making under heat), but I think we've also got to acknowledge what he CAN do (the running power, the neat delivery) and compare that against the other contenders for the position.

On the other wing I'd start with Cerra for round 1. That may smell a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul, but I just feel we've got a bit more depth through the true midfield than on the wings. I'd have Crippa, Hewett and Kennedy doing the lion's share of CBAs, with cameos from Fisher, Ed and Martin. I wouldn't leave Cerra out there all day, he'd get his chance to have run through the middle too, with Fisher and Martin deputising while Cerra's in there tearing it up.

As the season wears on I'd have Walsh and Cerra waxing on one wing, hopefully LOB solidifying his place on the other and fingers crossed someone like Carroll gets a chance to stake his claim at some point. I'm hoping we don't have to rely on Setterfield, Newnes or Cottrell to cover a wing in too many games.

No intrusion snakehips. Always keen on your input.

IMO Carlton needs to solve the wing dilemma of the past decade if we are going to make Finals.
I want to know how we can realistically do that, and what the possibilities are, for round 1 and beyond.
I'd rather hear that from Carlton tragics, and TC is a good place to find out.
I'm planning on watching a lot of Carlton games live this year, so I'm planning my trips to every state IF I believe we will be the bolter this year.
Plus I love talking Carlton at Talking Carlton.

I also like Fisher on a wing, and I also feel its a position a few can wax.

If Carrol steps up this year...well that will be helpful heading to Finals. Means more of sharing the load, and fresh legs in the engine room.

Adding Walsh to Cripps, Hewett, Cerra & Kennedy gives us 5 formidable skilfull mids to take most of the load most of the time, and waxing on the wing isn't just a dream possibility.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:50 pm 
Garry Crane

We will make finals because voss is thought of a new plan we are defending "its ground breaking"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9