Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
What's Adelaide's excuse?

They're s@$T. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1134766

Good results for Marchbank & Mirkov.

Fingers crossed Martin is ready to go this week.

Yes Yes & Yes

We've got to have a bit of luck turn our way on the injury front.

After all we are the good guys. Look at the wonderful job we are doing bumping up the weekly attendance numbers for the AFL, and we are not a real fan of the AFL Commission, and they know it!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Probably not an accurate reflection.
That's only 3 players for Geelong.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Would love an actual timeframe around some of the injuries. Seems like they don’t update beyond the couple of months for each

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

The injury list tracker on the club website is an absolute joke. Surely it couldn't be that bloody hard for someone to update it on a weekly basis.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

just hope we can jag a couple of wins till the cavalry arrives .

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
The injury list tracker on the club website is an absolute joke. Surely it couldn't be that bloody hard for someone to update it on a weekly basis.

It is a joke b/c it rarely reflects the reality.

HOWEVER, they do update it weekly but not every player has a new or different outlook than the week before, hence why some are not updated every week.
e.g. If they assess McGovern, and based on that assessment the outlook is for him to return in 10 weeks, they may tell him to continue his rehab and "...we'll reassess your progress in 2-3 weeks". So, nothing new for the injury report for 2-3weeks until his reassessed.

Also, it is kind of difficult to be precise b/c every injury is different and every player is different, in terms of how rigorously they approach their rehab and how their body responds. So an injury which typically takes an AFL player 6-8 weeks to return may take 6, 8 or even more. Or in Sam Walsh's case, less... :razz:

And sometimes, they just want to keep the opposition guessing or occupying their time and resources planning for more scenarios than they need to.
Eg. I suspect Jack Martin was v unlikely to play last weekend all along (which, if true, makes some of the comments on this forum saying we should have made him the sub against the Pies a bit harsh on the MC...).

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

17th Premiership wrote:
CK95 wrote:

It is a joke b/c it rarely reflects the reality.

HOWEVER, they do update it weekly but not every player has a new or different outlook than the week before, hence why some are not updated every week.
e.g. If they assess McGovern, and based on that assessment the outlook is for him to return in 10 weeks, they may tell him to continue his rehab and "...we'll reassess your progress in 2-3 weeks". So, nothing new for the injury report for 2-3weeks until his reassessed.

Also, it is kind of difficult to be precise b/c every injury is different and every player is different, in terms of how rigorously they approach their rehab and how their body responds. So an injury which typically takes an AFL player 6-8 weeks to return may take 6, 8 or even more. Or in Sam Walsh's case, less... :razz:

And sometimes, they just want to keep the opposition guessing or occupying their time and resources planning for more scenarios than they need to.
Eg. I suspect Jack Martin was v unlikely to play last weekend all along (which, if true, makes some of the comments on this forum saying we should have made him the sub against the Pies a bit harsh on the MC...).

Reckon its a great idea to keep the opposition guessing . Give " em nothin '.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Club confirmed Weiters AC joint, surgery, 6 weeks.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:22 pm 
Robert Walls

MPH78 wrote:

With the bye that’s only 5 games. A glass half full kind of gal. :beer:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

MPH78 wrote:

:cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Juanita Jones wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

The last of which is against West Coast, so we should get the win there regardless. Need to beat the cheats after the bye as games against Richmond, Saints and Freo will be tough with our injury list. I'd be happy if we can come out of that patch with 3 wins. Then we'll have 6 more games with Weiters back before finals.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Jesus, I'd be rapt if we get 2 wins from those 4

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:52 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Despite the apparent doom and gloom/sky is falling that the media want us to buy into…it’s not.

Vossy is a pro. He’s been around a long time.

I get it. We all want instant results and to win every game. We’ve been starved of success for so long but let’s keep the end point in sight here folks. That is making the top 8. Come round 19, we want to be building some solid form with close to our starting 22 on the park.

At the moment we have only just completed round 11.

Stay calm and measured folks.

While I’m here, the things that I’d like to see improved are:

Sticking to our system longer (which Vossy mentioned post match presser). Our brand or DNA, if you like. Harder at the contest more consistently and backing in your team mates. There are a few personnel changes I’d make. I’m not a fan of a couple of players getting games at the moment. I expect a couple of changes for next match.

Welters injury could have arguably been avoided for a number of reasons due to players’ mindset.

Kennedy was a big out on the weekend. Dow didn’t do much. I think we will trade him. Newnes is not the future. Happy with o’brian and Cottrell. SOJ is having an amazing year. Durdin is a super player. Owies makes the most of his opportunities. Motlop might need a spell in the VFL.

Vossy is clearly changing the mindset of the team. I’m hoping the next two months they begin to develop some “unsociable football” traits.

We have come a long way so far this year. Let’s keep the foot on the accelerator and build a winners mentality.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juanita Jones wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

I'm with you.
The other side is dreary ... I dipped my toes in... no like.

Voss knows what we've got, and how to cover Effendrug*.
I'm sure Voss knows how to create an advantage with the midfield group he has at his disposal.

Druggies will go tall to stretch us: Draper, Flip, Wright: Carlton with TDK, Young, SOS, Kemp ... Curnow, Cripps, Plow

TDK and The Fab 5. Jack as support.

Andy Russell to wave his wand.
We need a squad at their peak in a fortnight for a Friday Night game: 150 Anniversary. 23 soldiers.

We can't afford to carry a bottom 6 again. They know who they are.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueJean wrote:
Despite the apparent doom and gloom/sky is falling that the media want us to buy into…it’s not.

I get it. We all want instant results and to win every game. We’ve been starved of success for so long but let’s keep the end point in sight here folks. That is making the top 8. Come round 19, we want to be building some solid form with close to our starting 22 on the park.

Sticking to our system longer (which Vossy mentioned post match presser). Our brand or DNA, if you like. Harder at the contest more consistently and backing in your team mates. There are a few personnel changes I’d make. I’m not a fan of a couple of players getting games at the moment. I expect a couple of changes for next match.

Welters injury could have arguably been avoided for a number of reasons due to players’ mindset.

Kennedy was a big out on the weekend. Dow didn’t do much. I think we will trade him. Newnes is not the future. Happy with o’brian and Cottrell. SOJ is having an amazing year. Durdin is a super player. Owies makes the most of his opportunities. Motlop might need a spell in the VFL.

Vossy is clearly changing the mindset of the team. I’m hoping the next two months they begin to develop some “unsociable football” traits.

We have come a long way so far this year. Let’s keep the foot on the accelerator and build a winners mentality.

I like, very much.

I'm with you too.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

30 May update-

Weitering confirmed out for 6 weeks.
Cunningham has had a set back (calf) and now the plan is “to have available late in the season”.
McKay, McGovern, Pittonet, Williams, E Curnow & Parks are still some weeks away.
Kennedy, Marchbank & Mirkov should be good to play after the bye.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11398 ... mid-season

As resilient as we’ve been so far this season, that’s too many injuries to too many good players to be a contender IMO.

Autumn was fun, but winter will be long.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

aboynamedsue wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

What do you mean?

Was the injury self induced? Poor technique/wrong mindset from Weiters on bumping De Goey? Could the injury have been avoided? Either by team system or other options on approaching the contest?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

I like, very much.

I'm with you too.

Thanks, Bondi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 51  Next