Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:55 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 13109
What is a Lisfranc injury?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:04 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Posts: 9911
Location: Melbourne
Probably something super random.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:16 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19981
Location: Bondi Beach
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?


Lillian Frank's sister?

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 9512
Need to get out of Marvel stadium ASAP. it's destroying our kids.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:28 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:30 pm
Posts: 3728
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?


A Lisfranc joint injury is a type of injury to the bones or ligaments, or both, in the middle part of your foot. In a Lisfranc joint injury, there is usually damage to the cartilage covering these bones. In the middle region of your foot (midfoot), a cluster of small bones form an arch.

Recovery from a Lisfranc injury depends on its severity and the success of the surgery. Most surgeries will require 6-12 weeks of wearing casts and special walking boots. Physical therapy and rehabilitation will also take time. Full recovery may occur after a year, but this can vary greatly.

_________________
Donald Trump is a @#$%&! paedophile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Posts: 715
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

I believe it’s a ligament in the foot.
Can be a longer term injury if bad. Tom McDonald has missed most of the season with this injury but no idea how the severity compares to Kennedy’s injury.
Knowing our luck on the injury front it’ll drag into the pre season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:44 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19981
Location: Bondi Beach
david31 wrote:
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

I believe it’s a ligament in the foot.
Can be a longer term injury if bad. Tom McDonald has missed most of the season with this injury but no idea how the severity compares to Kennedy’s injury.
Knowing our luck on the injury front it’ll drag into the pre season.



Tom's back let him down like it did when he was at the Dees.

He's had back surgery not foot injury.

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:53 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 899
Location: Dandenong/Melbourne
I think we need to get out of Ikon Park all together... The Ground there is hard... harder than Marvel and could be the cause of all our soft injuries.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:58 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 9908
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Tom's back let him down like it did when he was at the Dees.

He's had back surgery not foot injury


Wrong Mac, mack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm 
Offline
John Nicholls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 9512
Dodo27 wrote:
I think we need to get out of Ikon Park all together... The Ground there is hard... harder than Marvel and could be the cause of all our soft injuries.....


Sorry Dodo - you are wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm
Posts: 5145
Location: Bendigo
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

Forced Dane Swan into early retirement.

Took 12 month out of Hird’s career as well, from memory.

_________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:39 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm
Posts: 5145
Location: Bendigo
Boyd
Cuningham
Ed Curnow
Hewett
Kennedy
McDonald
Newman
Parks
Philp
Williams

_________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:11 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 19981
Location: Bondi Beach
Crusader wrote:
Boyd
Cuningham
Ed Curnow
Hewett
Kennedy
McDonald
Newman
Parks
Philp
Williams




Jones
Williamson

12/ 45 isn't as bad as it has been.

OK the last 2 are retired not injured.

_________________
Everyone looks good in Navy Blue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:18 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 2971
Location: In Transit to WA
Crusader wrote:
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

Forced Dane Swan into early retirement.

Took 12 month out of Hird’s career as well, from memory.


Lucky he had Dr. Ageless to help get him back on his feet!

_________________
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself" - Henry Ford


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 2368
david31 wrote:
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

I believe it’s a ligament in the foot.
Can be a longer term injury if bad. Tom McDonald has missed most of the season with this injury but no idea how the severity compares to Kennedy’s injury.
Knowing our luck on the injury front it’ll drag into the pre season.

And with an injury like this it could be 2024 preseason.....they can be nasty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:07 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 2368
Mil Hanna wrote:
Crusader wrote:
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

Forced Dane Swan into early retirement.

Took 12 month out of Hird’s career as well, from memory.


Lucky he had Dr. Ageless to help get him back on his feet!

Hird's was navicular, and Tom Stewart had one but didn't need his operated on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:19 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 3080
muzza wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Crusader wrote:
kezza wrote:
What is a Lisfranc injury?

Forced Dane Swan into early retirement.

Took 12 month out of Hird’s career as well, from memory.


Lucky he had Dr. Ageless to help get him back on his feet!

Hird's was navicular, and Tom Stewart had one but didn't need his operated on.


Yep navicular for Hird* and a Geelong player around the same era also had one.
Can't remember his name but it ended his career. Hird* miraculously came back bigger and better than ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:24 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 16788
rhino27 wrote:
Yep navicular for Hird* and a Geelong player around the same era also had one.
Can't remember his name but it ended his career. Hird* miraculously came back bigger and better than ever.


Matthew Egan

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:40 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 3080
Blue Vain wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Yep navicular for Hird* and a Geelong player around the same era also had one.
Can't remember his name but it ended his career. Hird* miraculously came back bigger and better than ever.


Matthew Egan


Yep. Him. Thanks BV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:19 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:37 pm
Posts: 17479
Location: afl.virtualsports.com.au
Adam Cerra (adductor)

- Was a late withdrawal from the side on the weekend with adductor tightness
- Has recovered well and is expected to train fully this week

Matthew Kennedy (foot)

- Is having surgery on Wednesday
- Expected to be back running for the start of pre-season training

Zac Williams (calf)

- Expected to train fully again this week and be available to play this weekend

Alex Mirkov (knee)

- Had stitches to patch up a cut to his knee that occurred from a boot in the VFL game
- Will be unavailable this weekend

Josh Honey (calf)

- Will train fully this week and is expected to be available to play this weekend

_________________
"You are being watched. The government has a secret system. A machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it." - Finch


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group