Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Traveller86 wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Looking at the big picture, making the finals will be a bonus. As the coach says, we are a work in progress. So much work still to be done. I feel much calmer this year before games than for the past 20 years.

I have to disagree. It would be utterly devastating if we miss the finals from here.

It would also cause psychological damage for everyone involved with the club.

Finals are a must!

I'd say given where we are and what we've shown we can do this year, it would be very disappointing not to make finals this year.

Preseason that might have been ambitious but we didn't know what to expect back then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:28 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
Looking at the big picture, making the finals will be a bonus. As the coach says, we are a work in progress. So much work still to be done. I feel much calmer this year before games than for the past 20 years.

No excuses. The window is open now; this season.

We are here to play a style of footy that stands up in Finals.
We have stars on every line.
When we turn it on, we are breathtaking.

Just kick straight for goal and that will fix everything.

My take is if we can get some key players back like Weitering Pittonet McGovern Williams Boyd Marchbank and be fairly injury free we are a chance to beat anyone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:

My take is if we can get some key players back like Weitering Pittonet McGovern Williams Boyd Marchbank and be fairly injury free we are a chance to beat anyone

The return of injured players is going to be incremental, a trickle right through to round 22, according to Williams round 22 marks his return, and we don't know when Boyd will return, but those 2 give us plenty of ground ball wins and run from the backline, so they will be the cream on the cake. Then there's Cuningham who adds electric pace, but form will dictate his return.

So we are relying on the current group of mids and smalls for the rest of the year.

With the return of Weitering, this week, we have a weapon against the Weagles weapon in Kennedy, so his return is timely.
The return of Pittonet should be the following week against Geelong, and he will help us gain ruck ascendancy waxing with TDK.
The return of McGovern should be against GWS after Cats game and he gives us a great interceptor and a great kick to help break lines and get us going the other way.

Those 3 big boys stiffen us up, and giving us more power in the air, but its up to the current lot of mids and smalls who will have to lift, and they will with strength and versatility in the ruck ... and its coming.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:30 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:

The return of injured players is going to be incremental, a trickle right through to round 22, according to Williams round 22 marks his return, and we don't know when Boyd will return, but those 2 give us plenty of ground ball wins and run from the backline, so they will be the cream on the cake. Then there's Cuningham who adds electric pace, but form will dictate his return.

So we are relying on the current group of mids and smalls for the rest of the year.

With the return of Weitering, this week, we have a weapon against the Weagles weapon in Kennedy, so his return is timely.
The return of Pittonet should be the following week against Geelong, and he will help us gain ruck ascendancy waxing with TDK.
The return of McGovern should be against GWS after Cats game and he gives us a great interceptor and a great kick to help break lines and get us going the other way.

Those 3 big boys stiffen us up, and giving us more power in the air, but its up to the current lot of mids and smalls who will have to lift, and they will with strength and versatility in the ruck ... and its coming.

Agree. I see Weitering Pittonet and possibly McGovern that will make the biggest difference to us. Will also help our mids. These three back (and no more injuries) make us a genuine threat in my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:58 am 
Bob Chitty

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:

Generally agree with you Farmer that with a fit list we could be really damaging and knock off almost anyone on our day. That is clearly a far cry from what has been the standard at this club for the majority of the past 20 years.

However, I would temper expectations on a few of the injured players contributing for the rest of the season.
Williams has flagged a Rd 22 return. That would be against Melbourne. He won’t have played since round 9. While he’s got talent, it’s an extremely difficult ask to return without any VFL games and contribute against the quality teams we will play in the last few weeks of the season and finals if we make it.
Boyd is listed as “a chance to be available later in the season”. I’ve really enjoyed his growth as a player but again that’s a massive ask to come back in the last few games or for a final and perform at a high level.
Ditto for Marchbank who is slated to potentially return very late in the season. This is a guy who is talented but has played 1 AFL game in over 3 years. It’s a very tough ask to come in and contribute against quality teams late in the year.
McGovern by all reports should be back in a few weeks. He won’t have played since Rd 2 so he will need some time to find his feet, likely through the VFL. Unlike the three above, he should have enough time to find his feet and be in form for the late season games. The concern is whether his body can hold up for the rest of the year which has been a recurring issue throughout his career.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yes even if they have had a good block of training as the club say they will need true match fitness and need to finds true match touch.

The good thing is most of the guys should be back in the coming weeks which gives them time to find touch before finals ...

Owies
Weitering - reckon he needs 1 week to find touch
Martin (classic case - has missed a few now and hasn't had much consistency so he needs time to find touch)
Big Durds (he might need time to get into the groove of the system)
Pitto - has been out for quite a while so might need 2-3 weeks to find touch
McGovern - has been out for quite a while so might need 2-3 weeks to find touch

Williams is back just before finals and has been out a long time so I think he will need 2-3 weeks not just to find touch but regain confidence in his body as it was a bad injury and he has a history of leg issues now

Marchbank is an in betweener but good thing is he slotted in really well when he made his return granted he had played a few VFL games.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1165837

Says Gov back round 18 which if I'm not mistaken is week after next. Presumably a week or two at VFL level.
Pitto may need a week there too when he returns.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Weitering, Durdin, Owies, Fogarty and ED CURNOW.

Obviously not going to throw Ed into the deep end, but just having an infectious bloke like him back in the main group is worth an extra couple of degrees on the temperature gauge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

rhino27 wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1165837

Says Gov back round 18 which if I'm not mistaken is week after next. Presumably a week or two at VFL level.
Pitto may need a week there too when he returns.

Disagree. If fit Pitto plays AFL. At worst TDK spends more time rucking than when Pitto fully match fit. First it gives us his huge presence around the ball and second it enables jack to play his contemporary role as the third tall.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Weitering, Owies, Fogarty, S.Durdin & E.Curnow all available for selection this week. Only 1 (arguably 2) of that 5 is an automatic selection, but it has to be good news that multiple players are returning at some level.

Martin, McGovern & Pittonet hopefully available the week after.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11658 ... E2ODA0NQS2

No mention of Carroll, who went off injured in the last VFL game. Hopefully that means he’s OK.

The last update on Cunningham was 30 May! :roll:

Boyd, Cunners, Marchbank & Williams haven’t been ruled out for the rest of the season yet - but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we see them back this year.

Post subject: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:48 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Owies leads the AFL with tackles inside 50 even though he’s been missing for a few weeks. I’d say he adds a lot to the seniors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'd say Weitering, S.Durdin and Owies all automatic selections IMO.
Martin and Ed could also come back but we will be getting thin on people to replace and it seems like too many changes anyway, unless they want to make a point.
Selection dilemmas are coming back, finally.....yay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:06 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Owies leads the AFL with tackles inside 50 even though he’s been missing for a few weeks. I’d say he adds a lot to the seniors.

And he kicks straight !!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

And he kicks straight !!

11 goals
8 behinds
2 OOF

The 2 goals against Collingwood were helpful, and the one on the angle, superb.
When he broke into the team, he did a Kreuzer and didnt miss.
His kicking this year has been a tad disappointing imo...but improved lately.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:

Hey if we win this weekend I'll even stiffen up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just no more injuries please!

Post subject: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yes, don't injure yourself there paddy

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Yes, don't injure yourself there paddy

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

:grin:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Richie Cuningham not so happy days I've been informed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:05 am 
Bruce Doull

Ummm….

Weitering thigh…what’s that all about…?

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 51  Next