Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 93  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what superstar we draft this year! ......

that in future years people will say we wasted.

GO BLUES!

Gotta good feel about Curly Jr , competent and astute, has been ok so far , youngsters Durdin & Motlop are doing well and should develop nicely, no complaints regarding experienced talent either in Hewett, Cerra , Young and Boyd.
In Nick Austin we trust.Go Baggers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Has the other durdin been retained ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
Has the other durdin been retained ?

Yep.

Setterfield, Fogarty & Ed Curnow are the only unknowns at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:10 am 
Geoff Southby

Unfortunately from a Collingwood supporter, but this statement has a lot of truth to it.

https://twitter.com/magpiecountry/status/1572011337575976962

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:45 am 
Harry Vallence

I would say C graders can become B graders in the right set up. However, it's very hard for a C grade player to become an elite A grader irrespective, natural talent is a big factor in that. Hard work will only get you so far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
I would say C graders can become B graders in the right set up. However, it's very hard for a C grade player to become an elite A grader irrespective, natural talent is a big factor in that. Hard work will only get you so far.

Dane Swan was a C grader

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

He still is as far as comedy is concerned

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Dane Swan was a C grader

That’s like saying “I knew a bloke who smoked two packs a day and lived to 100”.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Is the C-grader the new "good ordinary" player, while the B grader is just "good".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

muzza wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Dane Swan was a C grader

That’s like saying “I knew a bloke who smoked two packs a day and lived to 100”.

Or , i knew a bloke who never drank or smoked and was fitness fanatic and he karked it with a heart attack before he hit fourty .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/20/ ... es-return/

Former Blue Ciaran Byrne has confirmed he’s been approached by Carlton for a return to the AFL and is weighing up his options.

The Irishman, who currently plays Gaelic footy for Louth, was a part of five injury-interrupted seasons at Carlton before returning to Ireland in 2018.

But speaking on LMFM radio in Ireland, Byrne confirmed his former club had been in touch.

“I feel like the whole county has been talking about it at this stage rumours do spread,” he said, per Independent.ie.

“Look they have been in contact there’s no lying about it and it is something I am considering at this stage. I’m 27 now, definitely getting on and don’t get me wrong I love GAA and GAA is my first love.

“And I have a bit of decision to make ... they have been in touch, GAA is my first protocol now at the minute and look it is an option and it is something I have to consider and see where it takes me.

“I think I’m home three years at this stage and don’t get me wrong, I love home. And it’s a big year for Louth next year and it’s a decision I am not taking lightly. And at the minute it probably is looking towards staying at home and we have gone so far with Louth at this stage.

"We’re in Division 2 and a Mickey and Gavin (Devlin) are putting together something special and I don’t want to miss that either. So it is something that is being put into place this last couple of weeks. I (pass) no remarks of it, people are talking about it as much as I am I haven’t thought about it... We’ll see how the next couple of weeks go.

“I feel like there was always an itch I wanted to scratch. I had an interrupted couple of seasons out there and only ended up playing (around) 25 games which in the grand scheme of things is quite cool I did achieve that, but I always see myself as a player who would have played a lot more games if I wasn’t injured as much.

“So it probably was an itch I wanted to scratch but as I said for now my eyes are set on preparing for GAA next season and as I said we’ll see how the next couple of weeks go.”

The 27-year-old joined the Blues as a category B rookie in 2014.

He played 22 games, including the first half of the 2016 season before a torn ACL against Collingwood derailed his AFL career.

Fellow Irishman and former Bomber Conor McKenna is also weighing up a return to the AFL and has been linked with a move to Geelong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Any reason why LDU was sitting on the Voss table at the Brownlow? Simpkin also.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kingkerna wrote:
Any reason why LDU was sitting on the Voss table at the Brownlow? Simpkin also.

They were?

Was Tony Jones on the same table? If so ... they may have been snubbed till the AFL put on an extra table...can't imagine why Voss was on that table and not on players or the Exec table with John Nichols, Mike Fitzpatrick, Cookie, sayers....

Interesting.

Now I understand why Vossy wasnt caught up in the hysteria of the night being the only Carlton person on that table.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 am 
Ken Hunter

Re Ciaran Byrne - would love to see him back. Had some serious talent for the game. Category B. - sign him up.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:16 am 
Craig Bradley

I agree he was a loss good player happy to have him back
Good mate of Cripps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If he's a Cat B and joins Akuei as a Cat B fine.

But if the AFL stipulates he has to go on Rookie List, for a player who turns 28yo in Dec, having spent 4 years away from the game, with 2 ACL's, ...no thanks.

Byrne and Jones left us when we needed them most, and we have gone past them imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ciaran Byrne a half back flanker ? yeah , but a bloody good one . He was showing plenty till it fell apart . That hard running off the halfback was eye catching . When he got going he kept the ball in front of him and never overran the ball and didn't fumble . A one touch player . What is it about those Irishmen . So many of the are like that eg Zac Touhy / Taidgh Kennelly ..................the circumstances when he left are a bit hazy to me but like Bondi i felt let down . But still , like life , things happen good and bad and we must look forward . I"m prepared to overlook that shady stuff from the past and give him a go . Seriously talented player was Ciaran .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sorry disagree on Byrne.

Has AFL attributes - good size, good run, good kick.

But I think he was exposed late in his tenure (basically decision making). It is little things but those are the things that separate the good players from the ordinary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:06 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Cazzesman wrote:
Re Ciaran Byrne - would love to see him back. Had some serious talent for the game. Category B. - sign him up.

Regards Cazzesman

Would also love to see him back. Was progressing well before getting injured. Clean hands and better kick than most players who had only played football from childhood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
muzza wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Dane Swan was a C grader

Or , i knew a bloke who never drank or smoked and was fitness fanatic and he karked it with a heart attack before he hit fourty .

Exactly...and I knew a few blokes who drank and smoked and played squash a few times a week only to cark it on the squash court.

Moral of the story is do what you gotta do...but don't play squash.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 93  Next