Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 93  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

99prelim wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
SOS is right and IMO the club will regret it especially if he goes to Essendon***. He will be a very good player.

He's also had 4 years with us to be a very good player

If he decides to flick the switch suddenly after 4 years, it says more about him than our development

I'm a massive believer in intrinsic motivation. He is living every boy's dream. I understand that not everyone is a Sam Walsh but AFL draftees are given a golden key. How they use it is up to them. Some aren't good enough and some don't work hard enough

I do not profess to know anything about the Stocker delisting but if the kick up the backside he got from being delisted is the motivation he needs, good riddance...we gave you more than enough time Liam

:thumbsup:
Spot on. I wish the bloke all the best in life but not as an AFL footballer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
SOS is right and IMO the club will regret it especially if he goes to Essendon***. He will be a very good player.

If he decides to flick the switch suddenly after 4 years, it says more about him than our development

I'm a massive believer in intrinsic motivation. He is living every boy's dream. I understand that not everyone is a Sam Walsh but AFL draftees are given a golden key. How they use it is up to them. Some aren't good enough and some don't work hard enough

I do not profess to know anything about the Stocker delisting but if the kick up the backside he got from being delisted is the motivation he needs, good riddance...we gave you more than enough time Liam

If he comes good, it won’t be because the penny has suddenly dropped for him. It will be because he’s found a position where he doesn’t have to run like a midfielder.

There will be a club out there looking for a forward pocket that stays relatively close to home. It’s just not us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

I generally agree with the above post, but with a year of development lost to COVID (no VFL, etc) I still tend to think he showed enough to warrant giving him another season to prove himself.

Having said that, I absolutely accept that those making the decision know a lot more than me about the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 pm 
formerly BlueRob

What bugs me even more is that we just delisted him. He has trade value. The decision was just plain dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was he out of contract though BBW?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigBlueWave wrote:
What bugs me even more is that we just delisted him. He has trade value. The decision was just plain dumb.

Me too. I think someone mentioned the club made the decision to make it easier or less stressful for him to find another home.
That is garbage. Just like everyone else, if he has value we look to trade. We can't find a trade we then delist.
I'm certainly not saying this part to make light of anything Liam may be going through, but if he is state of mind is that fragile that going through trade week (or however long it is) with a bit of uncertainty will cause him too much stress, maybe the pressures of AFL footy aren't for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigBlueWave wrote:

What? Maybe in the 60s? We aren't going to use those picks. I am sure the club know what's happening

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Update

List management update
Fremantle can confirm the following trade requests for the upcoming 2022 Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

By fremantlefc.com.au - Just now

Fremantle can confirm uncontracted players Griffin Logue and Blake Acres, have both requested trades for the upcoming 2022 Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Acres and Logue played 20 games each in 2022, and Executive General Manager of Football Operations Peter Bell said the Club would work through each trade request individually.

“Griffin and Blake, were both important players for the Club in 2022 and it’s no surprise they have generated interest from other Clubs,” Bell said.

“They are both out of contract and whilst we are disappointed they are seeking to continue their careers elsewhere, we will work to ensure the Club is fairly compensated.

“In our discussion Griff stated that ‘it was the hardest decision he had ever had to make’ and that he loves the club and his teammates.

“He also communicated that he was very keen to ensure a positive result for all parties through the trade process.”

Contracted player Rory Lobb also requested a trade but was informed that given his contractual status and his importance to the structure of the team, a trade would not be possible.

Darcy Tucker and his management will explore the possibility of a trade with the full support of the Club. If a mutually beneficial outcome can be reached for both parties then a trade might be facilitated, however if a trade does not eventuate, Tucker and the Club are both comfortable with him returning and fulfilling his contract in 2023.

The trade period commences on 3 October and will run until 12 October.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
·
27m
Blues Compensation

Carlton is likely to receive a third round pick for Liam Jones at best.

It will be based on the amount and length of the Bulldogs contract.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Pick in the 40’s .... spare me. Stick that where the sun don’t shine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:49 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
Pick in the 40’s .... spare me. Stick that where the sun don’t shine.

It's better than the donuts I thought we get from the AFL

Use that for acres and it's a free hit imo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree need to push Freo that that’s all they are getting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

obrien, dow, carroll, kemp, Philip, sps, fisher
silvagni is right our development sucks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pretty good news that Acres wants to come isn’t it

Development has been generally poor in previous years but still have high hopes for Carroll and kemp
Fisher probably has best season

Durdin Motlop developing nicely as is cotterell Young and TDK so not all bad news
OBrien who divides like no other also had his best season

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yes we are far from perfect but plenty of ticks. Nice!

GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:06 pm 
Robert Walls

Crusader wrote:
99prelim wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
SOS is right and IMO the club will regret it especially if he goes to Essendon****. He will be a very good player.

If he comes good, it won’t be because the penny has suddenly dropped for him. It will be because he’s found a position where he doesn’t have to run like a midfielder.

There will be a club out there looking for a forward pocket that stays relatively close to home. It’s just not us.

This is not the 80s anymore. He needs a tank, regardless of his position. Forwards will run him ragged if he's not fit

IMHO, it has nothing to do with finding the right position

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:37 am 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
Crusader wrote:
99prelim wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
SOS is right and IMO the club will regret it especially if he goes to Essendon*****. He will be a very good player.

This is not the 80s anymore. He needs a tank, regardless of his position. Forwards will run him ragged if he's not fit

IMHO, it has nothing to do with finding the right position

Endurance and durability should always be key attributes when recruiting players

The game demands it

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to predict when establishing a list through the draft. Players at 17 and 18 years are still developing physically.

The reason why it is extremely difficult to bottom out and rely on draft to build highly successful teams. Generally better to rely on a combination of the draft and attracting mature players to make finals and win premierships.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:13 am 
Bob Chitty

WOW wrote:

The reason why it is extremely difficult to bottom out and rely on draft to build highly successful teams. Generally better to rely on a combination of the draft and attracting mature players to make finals and win premierships.

i agree with this alot, but you need a starting point to be able to do that, i feel like we are only just starting at that point now after some very shit years.

recent aquisitions in Cerra and Hewitt are prime examples of recruiting the right players for the right positions .. their impact has been incredible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
WOW wrote:

i agree with this alot, but you need a starting point to be able to do that, i feel like we are only just starting at that point now after some very shit years.

recent aquisitions in Cerra and Hewitt are prime examples of recruiting the right players for the right positions .. their impact has been incredible.

I often wonder if Cerra and Hewett would they have come to our club if we hadn't signed Williams, Martin and Saad. Why I think this is because we struggled to attract proven talent to the club as we weren't seen as a destination club, hence the generous deals offered to Gov and Martin by SOS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Marchbank signs contract extension.

That leaves Setterfield, Fogarty and Ed without a contract

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 93  Next