Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Be ironic if McStay leaves.

You mean McLeaves....

:grin:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:36 pm 
Garry Crane

thanks for the explanation bondiblue ,you make sense .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:58 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Mark Stevens on Trade News " believes 2019 pick no 6 Fischer McAsey is on his way to Ikon Park"

He says "A Melbourne boy, you can write this one down...Carlton, they're all over Fiscer McAsey. I believe he will be at the Blues next year"

A lot of water to go under the bridge.

The McAsey's have a strong Footscray heritage despite Chris living in the east, playing for St Kilda and his cousin playing for Swans.

Chris' first and only game for Saints was against Carlton in 1983 against Mil Hanna IIRC.

Was 1983, wet old day at PP, I watched from the outer as Chris came on at half time and played on Doull who was having a blinder.

Chris moved on ball in the last, had 3 kicks and a couple of HBs. Saints went down by 109 pts and 19th man Chris McAsey (1st gamer) was the only player dropped. Game also remarkable as the only time T Lockett played FB.

I’ll stay out of the Fish discussion….all I’d say he’s a quality young man who has to make his own decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mark Stevens on Trade News " believes 2019 pick no 6 Fischer McAsey is on his way to Ikon Park"

He says "A Melbourne boy, you can write this one down...Carlton, they're all over Fiscer McAsey. I believe he will be at the Blues next year"

The McAsey's have a strong Footscray heritage despite Chris living in the east, playing for St Kilda and his cousin playing for Swans.

Chris' first and only game for Saints was against Carlton in 1983 against Mil Hanna IIRC.

Was 1983, wet old day at PP, I watched from the outer as Chris came on at half time and played on Doull who was having a blinder.

Chris moved on ball in the last, had 3 kicks and a couple of HBs. Saints went down by 109 pts and 19th man Chris McAsey (1st gamer) was the only player dropped. Game also remarkable as the only time T Lockett played FB.

I’ll stay out of the Fish discussion….all I’d say he’s a quality young man who has to make his own decisions.

Good onya london

That's it Doull!!!

That's all you need to say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Menzel_Mayhem wrote:
I’d hate to see Marchy pull a Waite on us. Let’s keep him for the right price

To suggest Marchbank would be left on the scrap heap and homeless if we dont offer him a contract is ludicrous.

He turns 26yo this year. An amazing physical specimen with agility and speed, and did I mention he can take a mark too. He's back on his feet.

Please don't tempt Marchy to look elsewhere if his body is finally sound. He wouldn't be getting a game in VFL or AFL if his body wasn't sound.

Its obvious some Carlton fans dont rate Marchy. I can understand being weary of him being injury prone. But saying he has no value.....well I disagree.

I love the job he did against Fritsch on the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

He did after all have 356 of them.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:03 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

london blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Maybe 355.

A little hard to accept the 6.0 Dunstall kicked on him in the 86 GF as a “blinder”… :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
london blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Maybe 355.

A little hard to accept the 6.0 Dunstall kicked on him in the 86 GF as a “blinder”… :lol:

Are you channeling Moshe?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
london blue wrote:
AGRO wrote:
london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Maybe 355.

A bit like Sir Donald Bradman telling Andy Robert’s he would have scored at least a half century against him, when Andy Robert’s scoffed Sir Donald replied well I am 75 these days.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Are you channeling Moshe?

Possibly.

Two years next week. :cry:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
A bit like Sir Donald Bradman telling Andy Robert’s he would have scored at least a half century against him, when Andy Robert’s scoffed Sir Donald replied well I am 75 these days.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Yeah , i was there standing in the outer getting wet and freezing . That was a pretty standard win for us in those days . Cant remember anything about McAsey .................as far as the young bloke goes i'll put my faith in those doing the recruiting .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Does anyone know much about Harry Cunningham, he's a free agent at the Swans.
He could be a good 'mature' addition to the team.

28yo, 181cm & 80kgs.

Swans Profile.
Quote:
Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games. Cunningham has developed into a well-respected leader and reliable team-mate at the Bloods, and has been key in guiding the club through back-to-back Covid-impacted campaigns. He finished the 2021 season with an average of 16 disposals from his 21 games. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Quote:
Cunningham, who is hitting free agency for the second time after signing a three-year contract in 2019, has also since been offered an extension that would see him continue his 161-game career at the club.

However, it comes after a campaign in which he's started just one game since hurting his abdomen on May 1. But he has dominated at VFL level upon return, averaging 26.2 disposals and 10.2 marks per game. – Riley Beveridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:

28yo, 181cm & 80kgs.

Swans Profile.
Quote:
Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games. Cunningham has developed into a well-respected leader and reliable team-mate at the Bloods, and has been key in guiding the club through back-to-back Covid-impacted campaigns. He finished the 2021 season with an average of 16 disposals from his 21 games. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Quote:
Cunningham, who is hitting free agency for the second time after signing a three-year contract in 2019, has also since been offered an extension that would see him continue his 161-game career at the club.

However, it comes after a campaign in which he's started just one game since hurting his abdomen on May 1. But he has dominated at VFL level upon return, averaging 26.2 disposals and 10.2 marks per game. – Riley Beveridge

Tough, competitive, speedy. Typical Swan.
He'd be best 22 when fit and firing.
Quiet achiever like George Hewett.
I think he'll only be good for a year or two....I wish he was 25-26yo like George

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

28yo, 181cm & 80kgs.

Swans Profile.
Quote:

Quote:

I think he'll only be good for a year or two....I wish he was 25-26yo like George

I think that's all we will need him for TBH.
At 28 he could potentially be around for 4 years though.
Just think of him as a top up player to create depth and give the younger ones a chance to develop more in VFL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Kicks it long but sprays his short-medium kicks too often.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
He's miles better than Akuei.

So is my Nanna

Can she spend 5 minutes a quarter on ball?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

28yo, 181cm & 80kgs.

Swans Profile.
Quote:

Quote:

I think that's all we will need him for TBH.
At 28 he could potentially be around for 4 years though.
Just think of him as a top up player to create depth and give the younger ones a chance to develop more in VFL.

If anything, he’d be sure to trigger a response from the footy gods with miraculous recoveries from our own Cuningham and Philp, or a quantum leap in talent by the likes of Honey.

Look what happened when George was up & about - inside mids for days. Nekminnit, he tweaks his back and we’re playing Doc in there.

Powerful medicine with that Swans list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:
AGRO wrote:

A bit off topic but I remember the late great Dean Jones telling the story of his double tone against the West Indies and big Merv scored 70 odd not out at the Adelaide Oval.
At the end of play, they were in the Windies dressing room having a couple of beers with them when Sir Don walked in. Went to Deano and said "great knock son". Then wandered over to Merv who was beaming thinking Don was about to compliment his batting. Don just looked at him, shook his head and said "strange game cricket" and walked on.
He then made his way to Patrick Patterson who was sitting head bowed after copping a pasting from Viv Richards for his poor bowling efforts. Don said to him "you bowled rubbish today son". At that, Patterson leapt up and got into Don's face and said "if you were out there today I would've killed you."
Sir Don looked at him and laughed and responded with "you couldn't even get Merv Hughes out. How do you think you would've gone against me?"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 93  Next