Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Would like to move up a few spots in the Draft to get our hands on a HF/ mid to replace Martin, with Bailey Humphrey captain of Gippsland Power.

I heard he's a funny old fellow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What's the deal with Xavier O'Halloran?
Highly rated junior, out of contract at the end of this year. Just turned 22 and looked good against us this year. Dropped again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:16 am 
Harry Vallence

bender wrote:
Crusader wrote:
keogh wrote:
The one thing in life that is constant is change.
That’s why you don’t sign anyone on a 5 or more year deal
Even 4.
Things can change very quickly
Darcy Cameron is 6 years into his AFL career.
He has gone past Grundy.
Hard to think that 2 years ago. But it can happen.
By the way pick 48 2016 draft.
Interesting what we do with our first round pick which will be around 12.
Why pick Dunkley.
I agree with the previous poster
What’s the bet the club uses it’s first 2 picks
( say pick 12 and 30) to get another big fish that disappoints

As I said before look at how successful teams go about recruiting

We are better this year. Just hope we haven’t peaked.
And don’t forget no third rounder due to Cerra deal

Come off it.

keogh is right, cameron has gone past grundy, which is why they want to get rid of him. a better, much cheaper ruck

After SOS gave Phillips his marching orders, he approached Cameron, who he then lowballed. Cameron picked the Pies even though he’d be stuck behind Grundy… SOS then pivoted to Pittonet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:40 am 
Bert Deacon

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Would like to move up a few spots in the Draft to get our hands on a HF/ mid to replace Martin, with Bailey Humphrey captain of Gippsland Power.

Doesn't say much though :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

snakehips wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Doesn't say much though :smile:
Scandalous lack of pants.

Our club needs to move past excessive public nudity and harassment of children.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

ColourMan wrote:
bender wrote:
Crusader wrote:
keogh wrote:
The one thing in life that is constant is change.
That’s why you don’t sign anyone on a 5 or more year deal
Even 4.
Things can change very quickly
Darcy Cameron is 6 years into his AFL career.
He has gone past Grundy.
Hard to think that 2 years ago. But it can happen.
By the way pick 48 2016 draft.
Interesting what we do with our first round pick which will be around 12.
Why pick Dunkley.
I agree with the previous poster
What’s the bet the club uses it’s first 2 picks
( say pick 12 and 30) to get another big fish that disappoints

As I said before look at how successful teams go about recruiting

We are better this year. Just hope we haven’t peaked.
And don’t forget no third rounder due to Cerra deal

Come off it.

keogh is right, cameron has gone past grundy, which is why they want to get rid of him. a better, much cheaper ruck

After SOS gave Phillips his marching orders, he approached Cameron, who he then lowballed. Cameron picked the Pies even though he’d be stuck behind Grundy… SOS then pivoted to Pittonet

And they reckon SOS was no good.

He certainly knew his onions when it came to the bigs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

O’Halloran sub today BV but yes looks ok to me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

and Honey is his favourite thing :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Does Russell form part of the list? Seriously, we need to delist him. Our injuries have been overwhelming

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
Does Russell form part of the list? Seriously, we need to delist him. Our injuries have been overwhelming

He's already been reviewed within the past 12 months - but yes, in an ever changing scientific environment, Brad Lloyd needs to make sure we're doing all we can in this area. It might be time for a fresh voice for coach and players.

Add a tackling coach to the soft cap list. Not only do our players need to learn how to effectively tackle, they need to know what to do when tackled. It'd be interesting to see a stat of how many times our players are penalised for HTB (when trying to dispose of the ball post-tackle), when they might have opted to roll the dice (as some other clubs seem to do better) and garner a "no prior opportunity" ball up. It seems minor, but it's the small things that matter when you should be playing finals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:17 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd be going hard at Goldstein. I don't mean throwing stupid money at him but selling him the dream. Being a one club is nice but potentially being part of a premiership is far better.
Still has 2 good years left in him. Pitto sometimes looks good, sometimes looks horrible. TDK and Mirkov not ready yet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Goldstein allows TDK to focus more on being a Fwd 2nd Ruck.
Mirkov needs another year
Pittonet has never played a full season so if we are a genuine top 8 side next year we need a mature ruck

If rumours are true we get Sholl cheap who will fight Cottrell O'Brien for a wing spot
Then we add a few good draft picks

The improvement will then come from improved fitness and reduced injuries (we hope)

Williams McGovern McDonald Marchbank Martin Hewett Cerra all being 100% makes a big difference.

I expect major improvement in Kemp Carroll Motlop C.Durdin Young Honey S.Durdin Pitytonet Boyd that will help us go to the next level

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

Rumors/Media reports that we are after Fischer McAsey from Crows. I was told we were after him last year

He was Pick 6 in 2019 draft and only 21. Stands around 198cm and was a KPD as a junior and has played some Key Forward this year. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire but still young and talk was he wants to get back to Vic. I wouldn't expect he would cost much

That would give us McKay TDK Curnow Weitering Young McDonald S.Durdin McAsey as genuine KPP's which we need. Then I hope we add a mature ruckman.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

He's already been reviewed within the past 12 months - but yes, in an ever changing scientific environment, Brad Lloyd needs to make sure we're doing all we can in this area. It might be time for a fresh voice for coach and players.

Add a tackling coach to the soft cap list. Not only do our players need to learn how to effectively tackle, they need to know what to do when tackled. It'd be interesting to see a stat of how many times our players are penalised for HTB (when trying to dispose of the ball post-tackle), when they might have opted to roll the dice (as some other clubs seem to do better) and garner a "no prior opportunity" ball up. It seems minor, but it's the small things that matter when you should be playing finals.

Dead right Doc.

This is the pinnacle of footy and every single minute improvement can only build our game to the elite level required of a Premiership Team.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Rumors/Media reports that we are after Fischer McAsey from Crows. I was told we were after him last year

He was Pick 6 in 2019 draft and only 21. Stands around 198cm and was a KPD as a junior and has played some Key Forward this year. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire but still young and talk was he wants to get back to Vic. I wouldn't expect he would cost much

That would give us McKay TDK Curnow Weitering Young McDonald S.Durdin McAsey as genuine KPP's which we need. Then I hope we add a mature ruckman.

I won a couple flags with Fischer's dad, and went to Uni with him. Another TCer is very close to the family.

I mentioned to our fellow TCer and Fischer's father last year, that Fischer was on Carlton's radar, despite signing a 2 year extension wityh the Crows. At the time, Fischer was happy at the Crows and there was doubt he would be looking at Carlton.

Covid lockdowns alienated Fischer from his Melbourne based family during a time his father was recovering from a serious health issue. His dad is all mended now.

I'm glad Austin took a better option in Young.

2 weeks ago when Blues played Crows in Adelaide, Austin was also in Adelaide, with the team, but on a mission? Fischer at the time was visiting his folks in Melbourne, so he wasnt meeting Fischer or his Melb based manager....mmmmm

I was a huge fan of Fischer in the TAC, and his first year at Crows proved he was a worthy No 6, but his form has completely dropped off in the last 2 years. Something not right. He's been playing KPF in the ressies for a change of scenery, and has not done very well there either.

I think Durdin is ahead of Fischer as a KPD back up, and hope we retain him, and Oscar (if he recovers well from surgery), and both as Rookies, but Fischer would be worth a development role for a 3rd rounder imo. He's miles better than Akuei.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:
I'd be going hard at Goldstein. I don't mean throwing stupid money at him but selling him the dream. Being a one club is nice but potentially being part of a premiership is far better.
Still has 2 good years left in him. Pitto sometimes looks good, sometimes looks horrible. TDK and Mirkov not ready yet.
Absolutely. Goldstein at his age still has grand final ruckmen like David Hale, Sam Naismith, Jordan Roughead and Scott Lycett. I reckon he's better than Nankervis as well.

Moneyball pick if we can get in his ear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mark Stevens on Trade News " believes 2019 pick no 6 Fischer McAsey is on his way to Ikon Park"

He says "A Melbourne boy, you can write this one down...Carlton, they're all over Fiscer McAsey. I believe he will be at the Blues next year"

A lot of water to go under the bridge.

The McAsey's have a strong Footscray heritage despite Chris living in the east, playing for St Kilda and his cousin playing for Swans.

Chris' first and only game for Saints was against Carlton in 1983 against Mil Hanna IIRC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:07 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

I won a couple flags with Fischer's dad, and went to Uni with him. Another TCer is very close to the family.

I mentioned to our fellow TCer and Fischer's father last year, that Fischer was on Carlton's radar, despite signing a 2 year extension wityh the Crows. At the time, Fischer was happy at the Crows and there was doubt he would be looking at Carlton.

Covid lockdowns alienated Fischer from his Melbourne based family during a time his father was recovering from a serious health issue. His dad is all mended now.

2 weeks ago when Blues played Crows in Adelaide, Austin was also in Adelaide, with the team, but on a mission? Fischer at the time was visiting his folks in Melbourne, so he wasnt meeting Fischer or his Melb based manager....mmmmm

I was a huge fan of Fischer in the TAC, and his first year at Crows proved he was a worthy No 6, but his form has completely dropped off in the last 2 years. Something not right. He's been playing KPF in the ressies for a change of scenery, and has not done very well there either.

I think Durdin is ahead of Fischer as a KPD back up, and hope we retain him, and Oscar (if he recovers well from surgery), and both as Rookies, but Fischer would be worth a development role for a 3rd rounder imo. He's miles better than Akuei.

Good info :thumbsup:

If we get him for a 3rd rounder we do it. He has talent. A change of scenery and a settled home environment can make a massive difference. Still only 21.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Good info :thumbsup:

If we get him for a 3rd rounder we do it. He has talent. A change of scenery and a settled home environment can make a massive difference. Still only 21.

I agree, there's a good chance he improves and takes the opportunity on, but ultimately, as was mentioned to me by fellow TCer, its all up to Fischer.

I reckon he's a good chance. He has nothing to lose coming to the centre of the Footy Universe in Royal Parade.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:30 am 
Harry Vallence

My guess is we've lowballed Marchbank, and McAsey is the back up option if he doesn't take it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 93  Next