Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
tommi wrote:
Get Giannis….!

kindest regards tommi

The Greek boy with the great suntan....he will do.

Can see him in the ruck, running all over the ground.

Supreme athlete ... Kouta like ... just darker

That's what Berlusconi said to Obama when he met him...something like, "he's incredibly bronzed"

:eek:

Post subject: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

Probably a 3/10 compared to other shit he's said and done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 pm 
Robert Walls

Traveller86 wrote:

You're bunga on the money there

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:14 am 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
I feel we need another Ruck/Forward added to list. Would Callum Sinclair be an option? Out of contract at years end, from Victoria and 32 years old. Can play forward and ruck. Be a handy back up and do like Martin (35) is doing at Bulldogs. Cheap back up option.

Don't know what his fitness is like at the moment. But I like the thinking. Cheap. Good 'break-glass' option who can help at VFL level.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 am 
Geoff Southby

Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
I feel we need another Ruck/Forward added to list. Would Callum Sinclair be an option? Out of contract at years end, from Victoria and 32 years old. Can play forward and ruck. Be a handy back up and do like Martin (35) is doing at Bulldogs. Cheap back up option.

Don't know what his fitness is like at the moment. But I like the thinking. Cheap. Good 'break-glass' option who can help at VFL level.

Something to consider for sure . We are paper thin in that area for mine . A tough seasoned workhorse would be very handy right now .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:10 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Something to consider for sure . We are paper thin in that area for mine . A tough seasoned workhorse would be very handy right now .

Yes someone like this I think makes better sense than say a Goldy who would want more coin and not be happy mostly in VFL.
Unless we went the other way and paid up for a forward/ruck like Rory Lobb and play a tall forward line.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Exactly why its a good idea to have a player like Sinclair or Goldstein on our list. We are contenders for the next decade, so lets cover all bases.

I'm hating this vulnerability we have going into the game with only one ruckman.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

If they can also help with development at VFL level it's a win/win.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:07 am 
Stephen Kernahan

jezzarules wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yes someone like this I think makes better sense than say a Goldy who would want more coin and not be happy mostly in VFL.
Unless we went the other way and paid up for a forward/ruck like Rory Lobb and play a tall forward line.

IMHO, Goldstein will chase success, not dollars. He'd back himself in to be good enough to play AFL for us and he'd be a very good chance to do so. He's still a top shelf ruckman.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:44 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Exactly why its a good idea to have a player like Sinclair or Goldstein on our list. We are contenders for the next decade, so lets cover all bases.

I'm hating this vulnerability we have going into the game with only one ruckman.

My scenario for our list is:
2 X mature dedicated ruckmen (Pitto + ?)
1 X project ruckman (Mirkov)
2 X ruck/KPF/KPB (TDK + Young??? Durdin???)
2 X utility 'with an insatiable thirst for halving the contest' ruckman (JSOS + ?)

Need to plan for all contingencies within games and between games
JSOS has been a revelation not because he becomes a mid after the ruck duel but because he doesn't give opp ruckmen an armchair ride...the laws of gravity will tell you that the ball falls to the ground after the rucks have had their go

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

2 X utility 'with an insatiable thirst for halving the contest' ruckman (JSOS + ?)

JSOS has been a revelation not because he becomes a mid after the ruck duel but because he doesn't give opp ruckmen an armchair ride...the laws of gravity will tell you that the ball falls to the ground after the rucks have had their go

Ideally Mirkov at least becomes an option next year. In fact if he does we should be pretty right

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Todd GOLDSTEIN my be worth a look as back up for the right price for a year or 2. If we do any deal with the Roos for Paddy Dow maybe steak knives.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Over the last month, the ‘spare’ ruck duties have amounted to:

Coll: Jack, Cripps 26/81 contests (32%)
Syd: Jack, Cripps, Kennedy 30/81 (37%)
GWS: Cripps, Jack 24/78 (31%)
Adel: Jack, Weiters, Cripps, Harry 28/86 (33%)
Norf: Jack, Harry, Cripps, Cerra 42/105 (40%)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:27 pm 
Garry Crane

no to anyone over 25 yrs of age ,first draft selection has to be Defender 191cm marking quick HBF (no trust in plowman and Gov body ???) 2nd selection 185cm winger quick also ,no more slow soft players opposite of dow setters,Lob ,just have a look at swans or hawks youngsters tough great recruiting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Pittonet TDK and one more mature ruck (3)
Mirkov and maybe a young KPF/Ruck (2)
Weitering Young Durdin McDonald as KPD (4)
Then we have Charlie Marchbank Kemp & Jack plus McGovern as players that can play tall (4)

It's why I wanted Ballenden. 200cm and only 23 and can play Ruck, KPF or Back and would be cheap. great depth back up and balances our list. As I mentioned Sinclair is another option for a year or so

Then go to draft for best players available

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

IMHO, Goldstein will chase success, not dollars. He'd back himself in to be good enough to play AFL for us and he'd be a very good chance to do so. He's still a top shelf ruckman.

He can still beat Pitto and TDK. He should be ahead of them next year too. He's a big unit. McEvoy type giant. I'd bet he has a few years left in the tank.

Our window opens end of this year.

I don't think Mirkov will be having his break out year next year. He has a long way to go in terms of his craft, running and strength to compete one on one....did I mention handball skills? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

I'm a fan of good ruck depth: 2 in the seniors and two in the reserves plus KPF/Ruck and Utility type too...we have that one. SOS is a keeper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
Todd GOLDSTEIN my be worth a look as back up for the right price for a year or 2. If we do any deal with the Roos for Paddy Dow maybe steak knives.

Regards Cazzesman

Underrated Ruckman playing good football. You could see him making a difference to us for a year or so

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
Over the last month, the ‘spare’ ruck duties have amounted to:

Coll: Jack, Cripps 26/81 contests (32%)
Syd: Jack, Cripps, Kennedy 30/81 (37%)
GWS: Cripps, Jack 24/78 (31%)
Adel: Jack, Weiters, Cripps, Harry 28/86 (33%)
Norf: Jack, Harry, Cripps, Cerra 42/105 (40%)

Amazing stats cru. Thanks.

TDK carrying ruck duties for longer will only make him better.

Cerra!!!! Did Cerra gp up against Davies-Uniacke?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 93  Next