Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

JGM and Cripps are not the answer. Let's not fall for nepotism.

I'd be going an experienced player as a stop gap tbh. In fact 2 - 1 ruck and 1 tall defender.

Unless there are kids we are convinced have potential.

Then use the draft, FA and trade period to get longer term solutions

Post subject: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:23 am 
Rod Ashman

jake_h03 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Not sure where to post this but I just had a look at the AFLCA Coaches Award and of the top 19 leaderboard that is listed, Melbourne and us have each got 3 players (us = Cripps, Curnow & Walsh). Richmond & Bris have 2 each.

In terms of All-Australians, I'd think we'd currently have Cripps, Weitering, and Docherty. And I reckon Hewett would be close and Walsh probably will get closer if his form continues its trajectory back to his best.

It is cool to see that the stats seem to be supporting our rise on the ladder - I keep getting surprised by this as I still feel we are not quite as good as our ladder position appears to place us. Anyway, we are certainly on a ride this season and I'd hope that we will be a much better team at the end of this season than we were at the start.

How do you not have Curnow in the current AA team? He’s currently leading the Coleman. Coleman medal winner gets picked every single year. If the team was picked now, Charlie would be a lock.

Im still not sure Weitering would be in. His past 2 weeks have been scintillating but before that he was a bit up and down. Haven’t watched enough non-Carlton games to compare him to other key defenders though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Complete oversight. My bad.
(Obviously I assumed his inclusion was implied :-o)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
JGM and Cripps are not the answer. Let's not fall for nepotism.

I'd be going an experienced player as a stop gap tbh. In fact 2 - 1 ruck and 1 tall defender.

Unless there are kids we are convinced have potential.

Then use the draft, FA and trade period to get longer term solutions

I agree

JGM and Cripps are not the answer. I doubt we will look at them based on their form this year in the VFL.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I feel Hugo Hall-Kahan would be a great get in the midseason draft, with an eye on him taking over from Martin on a HFF.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
Brynn Teakle

Teakle is developing nicely as a 203cm ruckman at WAFL level for East Fremantle. Highly skilled for a big man, Teakle can also go forward where he uses his size and physicality to his advantage. Clubs believe the 22-year-old’s ruck work is gradually improving, which has seen him average 14.2 disposals and 18.2 hitouts per game this season. There is still plenty of growth in his game, but clubs view his development to date as evidence that he could mature into an AFL-ready player in due time. Teakle was in the mix for a rookie spot at Essendon* ahead of the 2020 season and featured in a pre-season game.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/767727/mid-season-draft-the-26-leading-contenders-in-line-for-an-afl-shot

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
I feel Hugo Hall-Kahan would be a great get in the midseason draft, with an eye on him taking over from Martin on a HFF.

Yeah , good player . Bit of X factor .

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just to say the obvious - we need another big bodied KP defender and KP forward/ruck, if possible. Hopefully our recruiting team are able to identify and then give a couple the opportunity of the next half of the season, even if they are just backups.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Just to say the obvious - we need another big bodied KP defender and KP forward/ruck, if possible. Hopefully our recruiting team are able to identify and then give a couple the opportunity of the next half of the season, even if they are just backups.

No doubt you are correct Surrey...back ups.

There's an opportunity to snag a 10 year player too.

I'm more concerned about the ruck TBH. If TDK gets injured before Pitto is back ... we could be in strife in the short term.

A win against the Pies, gets us 9 of the 12 wins we need, and if left with a healthy group ready to take on the Effendoped after the bye, who we expect to beat, giving us 10 wins of 12 needed, may have some say in who we select.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

The break week could be one of our sweetest and most enjoyable weeks in 20 years.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

Get Liam Jones back for a Cameo Appearance... He is Fit and can still play, plus he will come at a very cheap price.... :banghead: :banghead:

Post subject: List Management 2022
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Based on Vossy press conference we might be having a WTF moment with who we choose in the mid season draft.
Don't want to compromise the total list build for a need at the moment.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:39 am 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Based on Vossy press conference we might be having a WTF moment with who we choose in the mid season draft.
Don't want to compromise the total list build for a need at the moment.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Yeah , i found that puzzling coz without doubt we are crying out for a key defender and another ruckman . I thought that would compliment our rebuild rather than compromise it .

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:41 am 
Craig Bradley

I think his point was they've got to be good enough to stay on the list for more than 3-4 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:47 am 
Geoff Southby

Stefchook wrote:
I think his point was they've got to be good enough to stay on the list for more than 3-4 weeks.

O K not just a stopgap . Yeah , fair enough .

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:19 am 
Harry Vallence

We definitely need a list 'refresh' at the end of the year. Could be up to 8 changes.
We need some talls and some more running depth. Don't need big names but hopefully we can fill some spots with some smart recruiting and drafting

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
We definitely need a list 'refresh' at the end of the year. Could be up to 8 changes

Really? Williamson & Fogarty will probably be delisted. And probably OMac (rookie list). Maybe Setterfield too. That’s three from the primary list and one from the rookie list. Who else gets moved on?

I wouldn’t be cutting too deep personally, especially if we can improve the list balance by bringing in another tall or two in this week’s MSD.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

I have traditionally thought that we shouldn't compromise our draft strategy for a sudden and immediate (short term) need.
However, I'm now thinking that we need a couple of solid key position recruits who could step in immediately and play a role until the cavalry arrives later in the year.
It is rare that a mid-year draft pick becomes a strong, long term performer so let's just fill the need!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Durdin and/or Ballenden is what we need in the MSD

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
We definitely need a list 'refresh' at the end of the year. Could be up to 8 changes

Really? Williamson & Fogarty will probably be delisted. And probably OMac (rookie list). Maybe Setterfield too. That’s three from the primary list and one from the rookie list. Who else gets moved on?

I wouldn’t be cutting too deep personally, especially if we can improve the list balance by bringing in another tall or two in this week’s MSD.

I did say could. It’s about what we can bring in and balancing, improving our list. We need some talls and outside run. At the moment Newnes, Ed Curnow, Setterfield. Williamson, Fogarty, Marchbank, Parks, McDonald, Cottrell, Boyd, McGovern need to show more or prove their fitness

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

I did say could. It’s about what we can bring in and balancing, improving our list. We need some talls and outside run. At the moment Newnes, Ed Curnow, Setterfield. Williamson, Fogarty, Marchbank, Parks, McDonald, Cottrell, Boyd, McGovern need to show more or prove their fitness

Newnes, Cottrell and Boyd are probably safe being regularly in the team or emergency.
Depends how much they want to turnover and mindful a bunch of late pick 18yo are unlikely to offer more.
We certainly need to look closely at those who are injured more often than not

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 93  Next