Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
kezza wrote:
Of all of the AFL players the only one who refused the vaccine had to be a Carlton player.

Heard Jack Darling may have a few issues as well

Sam Edmund posted that there is another player, who has switched clubs, who hasn't had his first dose.
Not against it apparently but has concerns with the vaccine available and waiting for another vaccine from the US.
Better not be one of our new recruits.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wonder if we've had a yarn to Rory Thompson.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
Does anyone think the AFL will help us out to replace Jones ?.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The AFL stepped in to assist the Demons with administrative staff, new managers etc and pushed to get Roos to Melbourne, so then logic would dictate that at the very least the AFL gives Carlton a HIGH draft pick as a result of the AFL's policy of ensuring ALL people have to follow a mandate on a vaccine. They are in a legal minefield as it is trying to force all people to do one thing in regards to a vaccine. I would step carefully.

A top 10 pick is the very minimum requirement, seeing as Jones was a central part of the spine of the club. Otherwise, Carlton should look at suing the AFL.

Suing the AFL may seem drastic, but look at Carlton's record over the last 20 years. The club can't afford more time in the cellar - and this AFL POLICY - not a Carlton policy - puts the club at a further disadvantage. Let's assume the loss of Jones is the difference between coming 8th or 9th or 10th - then that AFL policy has therefore cost money, recognition and status to Carlton. They would be entitled to sue for damages.

Last edited by tap in 79 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I’m with Agro on this … Lol …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Honestly Darling you really are the most graceless, dimwitted bumkin I ever met...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Give us something to square away Van Rooyen, maybe an end of R1 pick, & we might just get ourselves out of this.

Plug Oscar in at CHB & throw the kid in the deep end at CHF knowing that Harry & Charlie will draw the top two defenders.

The contenders are kicking 15 goals a game. No matter which way you shake it, we’re barely scraping it to half of that. Better coaching might help, but an alpha CHF to go with Harry, Charlie and Durdin (easily our most dangerous small) will really @#$%&! shit up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Honestly Darling you really are the most graceless, dimwitted bumkin I ever met...

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

According to Michael Gleeson in The Age, AFL will give us nothing:

Carlton will ask the AFL for the right to take an extra player in the draft because of the unusual timing and circumstances of Jones’ retirement. They are unlikely to get it.

Other clubs expected the Blues to petition the AFL for a compensatory draft pick commensurate with losing a player of his age and wage due to exceptional circumstances. That is, to treat him like a lost free agent.

This will not get up with the AFL.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jon ... 598xm.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:59 pm 
John Nicholls

Surprised?

This is the same AFL that gave us nothing for Jarrad Waite but also gave `$club_name` compensation pick `$draft_number` for losing `$player_name`.

You gotta use wildcards you see, cause it happens so often.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:

Carlton will ask the AFL for the right to take an extra player in the draft because of the unusual timing and circumstances of Jones’ retirement. They are unlikely to get it.

Other clubs expected the Blues to petition the AFL for a compensatory draft pick commensurate with losing a player of his age and wage due to exceptional circumstances. That is, to treat him like a lost free agent.

You missed the crucial next bit...

Quote:
One reason beyond any others is that Jones’ decision not to state the reasons for his retirement makes it impossible to argue for compelling or exceptional circumstances for an extra draft pick or access to add another player at the end of the draft.

It’s Jones decision not to get the jab but he’s hung us out to dry by not stating his reasons.

He can go @#$%&! himself.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jones knew what they were going to jab him with and the right (in my opinion) reasons for the jab ........

Funny how the Essendon* boys had no clue but still went for it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

GWS wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Quote:
One reason beyond any others is that Jones’ decision not to state the reasons for his retirement makes it impossible to argue for compelling or exceptional circumstances for an extra draft pick or access to add another player at the end of the draft.

It’s Jones decision not to get the jab but he’s hung us out to dry by not stating his reasons.

Absolutely, GWS!

Just what I was thinking.

Liam is clearly not loyal to the club.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Quote:

Thanks a lot Liam.
Couldn't he tell the AFL privately the reason for his retirement?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

True, because the AFL never leak sensitive info.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Does anyone know why each state has different dates that the players have to be vaccinated by?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am 
Wayne Johnston

Federation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Does anyone know why each state has different dates that the players have to be vaccinated by?

Related to the Vax rules by state govt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:32 am 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
I'd say Gov, but he's injured too much.

McGovern is simply overrated
Still overrated
Is lazy
Not a team player
Not disciplined enough
Isn’t 3 years of evidence enough for ya
I personally would love to be pleasantly surprised
The guy isn’t good enough in my opinion

Marchbank isn’t good enough to be a key defender injured or not
He is a third tall
A good interceptor
But not a key defender
Plowman is simply crap
So overrated and not big enough

Young is going to have to be it
I would look at Zac Strom from South Freo or someone of that ilk from the lower leagues who would be strong enough to play on the big mothers which was Jones role
Rance
Tahlia
Ha ha
Some posters have no idea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Navy One wrote:
Jones knew what they were going to jab him with and the right (in my opinion) reasons for the jab ........

Funny how the Essendon** boys had no clue but still went for it.

Jones is forced out of footy for a conscientious decision and the cheats got a year.

As I said earlier, makey uppy.

CFC should be making a big stink about this, a public stink. Eddie would.

Simply state the facts. Use the power of the media.

Second round draft pick. At least.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

keogh wrote:
robertbb wrote:
I'd say Gov, but he's injured too much.

McGovern is simply overrated
Still overrated
Is lazy
Not a team player
Not disciplined enough
Isn’t 3 years of evidence enough for ya
I personally would love to be pleasantly surprised
The guy isn’t good enough in my opinion

Marchbank isn’t good enough to be a key defender injured or not
He is a third tall
A good interceptor
But not a key defender
Plowman is simply crap
So overrated and not big enough

Young is going to have to be it
I would look at Zac Strom from South Freo or someone of that ilk from the lower leagues who would be strong enough to play on the big mothers which was Jones role
Rance
Tahlia
Ha ha
Some posters have no idea

The idea of McGovern as a defender is straight up comical. As the intercept, they'd waltz around him when he plonks his fat arse in the hole. Locking down a key target, they'd make two leads and he'd be gasping for air. He's a fat full forward that will be good for the development of mids in the twos. It's not his fault the club is paying him what it is.

Agree that Young is going to be in the frame (by default), but I'd have Oscar as the clubhouse leader for the lockdown defender spot. He might be giving away a couple of inches (at 196cm :eek: ), but he's hard to move when they get into a wrestle and, from what I've seen, plays at a high intensity that will allow him to peel off his man and kill the contest third man up if necessary.

With Doc out of the picture, I think we'll play a better defensive game. One that doesn't get torched by mid-to-small forwards as much. One that might open a few eyes as to how much Plowman is bringing to the table each week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next