Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
I'd love to have Liam back, mainly because he's been with us through the bad times.
However, Young is developing. Griffin Logue could be a good addition to our backline if we could pry him away from Feo (not likely but worth a shot).
And I think that Voss has our defence so well organised, it has now become more system focused than player focused, finally.
Plus if we keep playing the way we are, there will be a line up of players wanting to come to us anyway.
We'll have to beat them off with a stick.

How good would it be if we could pry away Ben McKay and/or Sam De Koning.

As good as it sounds to trade in any of those,bwe couldn't offer the opportunity to make it worthwhile for them.
What we really need is a solid citizen state league player who can fill in when needed but isn't feeling too hard done by in the VFL.

I can't see OMac on the list next season and I have high doubts that McGovern will remain as well.
But if he does, McGovern has one more year left - contract expires 2023.
So far he has only played 7 games in the last 1.5 seasons and his best output since his first year in the AFL is 16 games.
As much as I love the idea of him in our backline I think he's cooked and should do himself and the club a favour and retire.
I just can't see them getting him on the park for any sustained length of time.

Ben McKay is a free agent next year. Not sure how much cap room we have, but we wouldn't have to trade for him.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:56 am 
Geoff Southby

It'd have to be a huge offer as he'd still be a RFA and North could match, they'll have the room the way they're going.
It still might be easier to trade, we will be pushing our cap otherwise unless the rumour is correct and McGovern goes to SA.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
It'd have to be a huge offer as he'd still be a RFA and North could match, they'll have the room the way they're going.
It still might be easier to trade, we will be pushing our cap otherwise unless the rumour is correct and McGovern goes to SA.

You're right. He is RFA so every chance North would match forcing us into trade. Whilst reports are we do have some room in the cap, it may tight remembering that both H and Charlie are out of contract end of next year so we need to be mindful of that.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

You're right. He is RFA so every chance North would match forcing us into trade. Whilst reports are we do have some room in the cap, it may tight remembering that both H and Charlie are out of contract end of next year so we need to be mindful of that.

If Ben was open to the suggestion, I'm sure Harry and Charlie would be flexible with their payment terms...not that I want to get into a Buddy situation with a backended contract that saw Hewett pushed off their list to us.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15