Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

keogh wrote:
Zac Strom should be playing AFL
Trialling at Freo

Is he the younger or older brother?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Noah is younger
Zac I believe can hold his on in the AFL as a key defender if given the chance
He is training with the Dockers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
Cripps said, as a friend, he supported popular key defender Liam Jones for his decision to walk away from football rather than agree to be vaccinated.

”One thing I said was I will always support him. I couldn’t speak highly enough of Jones as a person and a player. I know the boys miss him. He was great around the club for culture and that. We have moved on. I know a lot of the boys, clearly myself, still have really good contact with him,” he said.

Jones’ void will be covered by a team defensive system but Oscar McDonald and Mitch McGovern have both performed well in key back roles over the pre-season.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/we-have-a-lot-of-different-weapons-cripps-bullish-about-blues-attack-20220309-p5a36e.html

Whilst Jones will be missed, we move forward and under Voss, Carlton play a Team Defence game plan. Fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:45 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Quote:
Cripps said, as a friend, he supported popular key defender Liam Jones for his decision to walk away from football rather than agree to be vaccinated.

”One thing I said was I will always support him. I couldn’t speak highly enough of Jones as a person and a player. I know the boys miss him. He was great around the club for culture and that. We have moved on. I know a lot of the boys, clearly myself, still have really good contact with him,” he said.

Jones’ void will be covered by a team defensive system but Oscar McDonald and Mitch McGovern have both performed well in key back roles over the pre-season.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/we-have-a-lot-of-different-weapons-cripps-bullish-about-blues-attack-20220309-p5a36e.html

Whilst Jones will be missed, we move forward and under Voss, Carlton play a Team Defence game plan. Fixed.

:thumbsup:
New era of defence hopefully.
I would like to see the continual building from the back to kicking goals every game.
I just hope we do a bit better with our forward entries this year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am 
Robert Walls

I've written before about how, previously, our best defenders were all good in the air - that killing the ball in the air or out-marking their opponents were their one-wood. Only problem was that it often left us exposed on the deck with everyone going up in every contest. No Jones might actually make us more balanced. McDonald isn't as strong in the air, and that might make our defence more 'predictable'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:
McDonald isn't as strong in the air, and that might make our defence more 'predictable'.

Until he decides to kick the ball. I like Oscars effort but his disposal and decision making is a real issue.
He should be instructed to handball at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

What if we were able to replace Liam Jones with…… Liam Jones?

Reports out of the NBA that New York City have dropped their no vax, no play mandate. Clearly, Victoria is not NYC, and the AFL is not the NBA, but there must be a chance?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:

Reports out of the NBA that New York City have dropped their no vax, no play mandate. Clearly, Victoria is not NYC, and the AFL is not the NBA, but there must be a chance?

Not while Dan Andrews is around. He didn’t create the vaccinated economy just to tear it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Is he actually still on our list?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

Nope. He retired. Not sure why he didn’t just go on the inactive list. He still wants to make a return apparently

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Not while Dan Andrews is around. He didn’t create the vaccinated economy just to tear it down

Election year - we'll have Jones back in time for September :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:54 am 
Craig Bradley

Jacinta (the greatest leader in the free world) is scrapping mandates in NZ so there's hope for Victoria

Can/will we pick him up in the mid season draft...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:18 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hornet wrote:
Jacinta (the greatest leader in the free world) is scrapping mandates in NZ so there's hope for Victoria

Can/will we pick him up in the mid season draft...

Agree with Sue that we should keep thread on topic, but this parts a joke isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:19 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Edit: I don't know who Jacinta is so she could well be the greatest leader in the free world.
Jacinda on the other hand ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Could be why the last list spot is still open?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:09 am 
Bruce Doull

I thought we replaced him with Liam McGovern, or was it Mitch Jones. I forget, but pretty sure it was one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:29 am 
Wayne Johnston

The AFL won’t let us re draft him because we’re too successful now and his “retirement” had nothing to do with any extenuating circumstances. They’ll make sure someone else like the scum get priority.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:42 am 
Craig Bradley

Interestingly, he’s still on the players section of our website. All other delisted / retired players are gone and all the new players are there. No way that’s just an admin error. The club clearly hasn’t given up hope of him rejoining us

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:54 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Guess it comes down to whether we have actually delisted him or not?
If we haven't and he chooses to come back and we choose to want him back, he's ours.
If we did delist, presumably he goes in mid season draft if he wants play this year and if so, our first pick will be at 18 so likely be gone by then I would have thought.
Otherwise, he is a delisted free agent at the end of the year and it is his choice where he goes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

rhino27 wrote:
Guess it comes down to whether we have actually delisted him or not?
If we haven't and he chooses to come back and we choose to want him back, he's ours.
If we did delist, presumably he goes in mid season draft if he wants play this year and if so, our first pick will be at 18 so likely be gone by then I would have thought.
Otherwise, he is a delisted free agent at the end of the year and it is his choice where he goes.

It doesn't matter what the rules are, if Jones wants to come back and we should be first in line to get him, the AFL will fix that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next