Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

macca wrote:
First Post Been an avid reader of TBV and TC for many years but whilst i enjoyed the comments never found the need to comment

However I was disappointed at some postes whose initial knee jerk reaction seems to be "get rid of him' "can we get another player in the draft' :delist him: and call him tarnished

The guy has put his body on the line every week and based on the way we have been playing over the last couple of years that couldn't have been easy There is no suggestion he is an Anti vaxxer and maybe just maybe he has some concerns over family medical history or some other external issue We were all very quick to condemn the Essendon** players for letting a substance into their arm without any them asking any questions at least Liam is considering what he wants to put into his body

I am neither pro or anti vax But this is one of our own and he deserves some respect

Apparently he is a member of conspiracy and anti-vax social media sites.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

macca wrote:
First Post Been an avid reader of TBV and TC for many years but whilst i enjoyed the comments never found the need to comment

However I was disappointed at some postes whose initial knee jerk reaction seems to be "get rid of him' "can we get another player in the draft' :delist him: and call him tarnished

The guy has put his body on the line every week and based on the way we have been playing over the last couple of years that couldn't have been easy There is no suggestion he is an Anti vaxxer and maybe just maybe he has some concerns over family medical history or some other external issue We were all very quick to condemn the Essendon** players for letting a substance into their arm without any them asking any questions at least Liam is considering what he wants to put into his body

I am neither pro or anti vax But this is one of our own and he deserves some respect

Firstly welcome to TC (as a poster) macca

You make some fair points that he's one of our own etc but I think the people planning for list life minus Liam are doing so with the realities of the AFL's rules in mind, rather than a "let's dump him" mentality.

The AFL has said no jab, no play. So if he sticks to his guns, he's out. That's the AFL's ruling whether we like it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:04 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jim wrote:
macca wrote:

The guy has put his body on the line every week and based on the way we have been playing over the last couple of years that couldn't have been easy There is no suggestion he is an Anti vaxxer and maybe just maybe he has some concerns over family medical history or some other external issue We were all very quick to condemn the Essendon*** players for letting a substance into their arm without any them asking any questions at least Liam is considering what he wants to put into his body

He’s a member of TC?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
macca wrote:

The guy has put his body on the line every week and based on the way we have been playing over the last couple of years that couldn't have been easy There is no suggestion he is an Anti vaxxer and maybe just maybe he has some concerns over family medical history or some other external issue We were all very quick to condemn the Essendon*** players for letting a substance into their arm without any them asking any questions at least Liam is considering what he wants to put into his body

Who Macca or Jones?...or Both?....Or are they the same?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:57 pm 
Trevor Keogh

We should have no sympathy for people that lose their job because they don’t want to be vaccinated unless all of us are happy to go back to living in locked down states. The science is clear that the only way to combat the virus is through mass vaccination. Those that choose not to do so out of personal choice (and not for a known medical reason) are not being responsible citizens and are essentially freeloading off of the sacrifices of others. You have to create incentive structures that serve the greater good. When one takes Doc’s situation into account, I do think Liam’s stance is incredibly short sighted and selfish but it’s his choice and no one should cry in their beer if he loses his job over it. IMO getting vaccinated is a small sacrifice in order for life to get back to some semblance of normality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:30 am 
John Nicholls

sinbagger wrote:
jim wrote:

He’s a member of TC?

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It's a free world, well to some degree, and LJ can do what he wants, but equally it's a free world and I'm free to voice my view that on the balance of things I think he's making a big mistake. He's going to lose money, lose his career, no doubt lose the respect of some of his team mates, have his reputation and legacy tarnished to a degree, and ultimately in a team sport, and in particular a team with a captain who has massive health challenges (compromised immune system) , his decision can only be viewed as selfish and not team first. For this latter reason I'd be looking to ship him out pretty quick once it seems certain he won't change his mind. The locker room is arguably the most important thing in team sports. Its 90% above the shoulders. Culture is everything. The players don't need this distraction. There's lots of ways to dice this but from the perspective of team success we need to move on if it seems his mind is set. On the balance of all the info out there, I've lost enormous respect for LJ.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sorry, I should preface what I said by saying it is not known, publicly at least, why LJs isn't taking the jab. Important to make that point. But I just as much assume it is because he either a. wants to have the right to decide what goes into his body, and/or b. he is concerned about the vaccine. I am making an assumption there. But my view is, irrespective, I believe this is one of those moments in history where we all need to take a jab (or 2, or 3) for the common good. Everyone is doing it bar for a select few.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:46 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

This article suggests that Jones isn't "anti-vax" but just needing/wanting more time. Going through a hard time dealing with personal loss.
Also takes a swipe at Frank's favourite journo.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ne ... 83de604905

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:54 am 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
This article suggests that Jones isn't "anti-vax" but just needing/wanting more time. Going through a hard time dealing with personal loss.

My guess is he's still waiting for Novavax.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:00 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

I know a few who are.
Whether it is a stalling tactic and they are waiting for the one that isn't available or whether they are genuine, time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Guy resigned from work because he's waiting for Novavax.
He's one of a few people I've heard of who don't want Pfizer/Moderna because of the technology used. I think "mRNA" scares them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wojee wrote:
He's one of a few people I've heard of who don't want Pfizer/Moderna because of the technology used. I think "mRNA" scares them.

Got a girl at work who hasn't resigned yet but is adamant she wants Novavax and nothing else.
From my very limited knowledge, if I had a choice, I'd have gone Novavax too to be honest but I went under the theory that getting vaxxed with what's available is better than waiting for one that isn't currently available. Having said, I'm not going to judge anyone who has made other decisions. Their choice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Got a girl at work who hasn't resigned yet but is adamant she wants Novavax and nothing else.
From my very limited knowledge, if I had a choice, I'd have gone Novavax too to be honest but I went under the theory that getting vaxxed with what's available is better than waiting for one that isn't currently available. Having said, I'm not going to judge anyone who has made other decisions. Their choice.

When is the Sinovax coming?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jezzarules wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Wouldn't have a clue but girl at work reckons it has just been approved in UK and she thinks it'll be approved here before the end of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

rhino27 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

I know a few who are.
Whether it is a stalling tactic and they are waiting for the one that isn't available or whether they are genuine, time will tell.

One of my managers at work is waiting for this one too.
She has taken 6 weeks annual leave and hoping to come back some time next month if the vaccine becomes available here.
Not sure what will happen if it isn't.
Where I work we have until the end of January to get fully vaccinated or lose your job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:

It's also been reported he isn't budging.
And the clock is ticking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:35 pm 
Bruce Comben

I'm just guessing he's just Pro Choice, which I respect.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes Pooper should be black balled by Carlton in my view

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Wouldn't have a clue but girl at work reckons it has just been approved in UK and she thinks it'll be approved here before the end of the year.

Quote:
Novavax announced that it had filed for authorization of its COVID-19 vaccine, NVX-CoV2373, in the United Kingdom and Australia on Oct. 27, 2021, and Oct. 29, 2021, respectively.

Sounds like it will be approved by end of the year, IF their studies show it to be at least equal to the current vaccines.
Then we wait on supply.

A lot of people are waiting on Novo. Lets see if that was just a delay tactic.
All the Immunology Professors at Australian universities are wondering how they missed all these graduates coming through their classes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next