Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:06 am 
Bob Chitty

kingkerna wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
His decision.

I don't agree with it, but I actually applaud him for sticking to his beliefs and not giving them up for money.

Well done and wish him all the best for his future.
If you don't agree with it how can you applaud it?

How do you applaud someone who has such warped beliefs?

Liam Judas Jones

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I don't agree about not getting vaccinated, but it should be a person's choice.

He has his beliefs and has the moral fortitude to stick to them despite the personal cost to him financially, many wouldn't.

I'm double vacc and did so pretty quickly, but it was my choice .. was a decision I made.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:26 am 
Ken Hunter

Choice Smoice. Get a @#$%&! jab ya weak arse!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rumour family member passed so maybe there is more to it. So maybe not all due to the jab. Given this I respect his call. Life can get very complicated sometimes and we just need time off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:33 am 
Craig Bradley

dannyboy wrote:
Choice Smoice. Get a @#$%&! jab ya weak arse!

Go give yourself a bunch of uppercuts, you sanctimonious clown.

There are better ways to deal with the vax argument than pitchforks and torches.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 am 
Craig Bradley

17th Premiership wrote:
I doubt he has given up a million bucks because he is pro-choice.
I know many people who are pro choice but still had the vaccine. Take the medicine, and then protest against the government mandate if that floats your boat.

I do wonder why they didn’t go with a model whereby if you’re not vaccinated, you can still play if you take an antigen test everyday. It does strike me as a bit strange that a vaccinated player (eg. From the Kangaroos) can have COVID but still keep his job however a non-van player without COVID must go.
I realise that the viral load and hence risk to self and others is generally lower in vaccinated people but still strikes me as a bit odd.

Similarly, a tennis player without COVID eg Novak might not be able to play at the Aussie Open but there could be 100 vaccinated people with COVID in the crowd on any given day.

Anyway, I’m pro-vax. I think most people who choose not to have the vaccinated are making the wrong - and irresponsible - choice. But I also think that most people who are vaccinated are safe from those who aren’t. Except for those who are particularly vulnerable for their own circumstances.)

Anyway, given Jones is giving up so much dosh, he must certainly have extremely strong convictions and is sticking to them. I just hope that this is not coming from some dodgy person abusing his trust of them.

You and me both, 17.

We, the royal 'we' that is, have gone the simpleton's approach.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:12 am 
Bruce Doull

Decision made.
Thanks for service given.
Time to move forward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

kingkerna wrote:
Where would society be if we all had his viewpoint?

I posted something similar.
If we all decided not get vaccinated we would likely have hundreds of thousands of cases now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

We need to apply for a compensatory draft pick.
The AFL will refuse obviously, but we need to get a clear policy in writing.
Otherwise the next club that this happens to, will claim extraordinary hardship and get compensation.
We should get the AFL to agree that any future change in compensation policy will aplly to us retrospectively.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Vaccinated or not the chances of an AFL or current professional athlete dying of Covid are about on par with lightning strike.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:53 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Bookie wrote:
Vaccinated or not the chances of an AFL or current professional athlete dying of Covid are about on par with lightning strike.
How about getting very sick Dr Bookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

kingkerna wrote:
Bookie wrote:
How about getting very sick Dr Bookie

Bout the same odds…Dr kingkerna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crusader wrote:
We, the royal 'we' that is, have gone the simpleton's approach.

I never thought about you this way, but if you say so... :D

I have mixed feelings on the Jones situation. I am a strong supporter of the vaccines and think everyone should take one, but compelling people to do so under threat of livelihood loss doesn't sit comfortably. I guess my attitude is something like "I don't respect your decision, but I respect your right to make a decision". Consideration for Doc is a fair point. All pretty sad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

If we all decided not get vaccinated we would likely have hundreds of thousands of cases now.

Choice ? tell him to send his kids to a school where the kids are not vaccinated against measles , mumps , chicken pox , polio etc etc etc ..................reckon he should go and live in a third world country myself and tell us how good it is . My parents and grandparents went through far tougher times than i have had to endure and never complained . And they didn't have television or mobile phones or all the mod cons of today . Bunch of sooky la la spoilt brats for mine . With your rights come responsibilities . Think about the wider community .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:36 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Choice ? tell him to send his kids to a school where the kids are not vaccinated against measles , mumps , chicken pox , polio etc etc etc ..................reckon he should go and live in a third world country myself and tell us how good it is . My parents and grandparents went through far tougher times than i have had to endure and never complained . And they didn't have television or mobile phones or all the mod cons of today . Bunch of sooky la la spoilt brats for mine . With your rights come responsibilities . Think about the wider community .

Good on ya, Mick!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Slight differences.
Those other vaccine work.
Covid doesn't stop you from catching it or spreading it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Slight differences.

It turns a two-week absence into one, but that’s about it. From a footy perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Slight differences.

Quote:
Could I still get measles if I am fully vaccinated? Very few people—about three out of 100—who get two doses of measles vaccine will still get measles if exposed to the virus. Experts aren't sure why. It could be that their immune systems didn't respond as well as they should have to the vaccine

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/faqs.html

Quote:
During a mumps outbreak, people who have been vaccinated can still get the disease. This is especially true if you didn't receive both doses of the vaccine. However, the symptoms and complications are much less severe in people who are vaccinated compared with those who aren't

https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates/blogs/health-and-wellness/2019/may/mumps

Quote:
Some people who have been vaccinated against chickenpox can still get the disease. However, they usually have milder symptoms with fewer or no blisters (or just red spots), a mild or no fever, and are sick for a shorter period of time than people who are not vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/chickenpox/about/symptoms.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

buzzaaaah wrote:
Otherwise the next club that this happens to, will claim extraordinary hardship and get compensation.
We should get the AFL to agree that any future change in compensation policy will aplly to us retrospectively.

according to this article, we're totally screwed

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jon ... 598xm.html

What it means for Carlton now is that under current rules they cannot go to the draft and just take another player.

The decision came after an important list lodgement last Wednesday, with another final list lodgement to come later in the year. The best they can do is take a supplementary player after the train-on period early next year.

Carlton will ask the AFL for the right to take an extra player in the draft because of the unusual timing and circumstances of Jones’ retirement. They are unlikely to get it.

Other clubs expected the Blues to petition the AFL for a compensatory draft pick commensurate with losing a player of his age and wage due to exceptional circumstances. That is, to treat him like a lost free agent.

This will not get up with the AFL.

One reason beyond any others is that Jones’ decision not to state the reasons for his retirement makes it impossible to argue for compelling or exceptional circumstances for an extra draft pick or access to add another player at the end of the draft.

As for the salary cap impact, Jones’ contract for next year comes out of the Blues’ cap. The only component to be included in the cap will be any financial agreement that was reached with Jones upon his retirement.

Sources indicated the AFL formula for dealing with players under the vaccination protocol of inactive and active lists meant that a settlement of roughly $25,000 would be made to Jones and that amount would be included in the cap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

buzzaaaah wrote:

I did say this elsewhere about the compensatory pick.

Remember the cheats (I refuse to call them anything else) were basically allowed to pick a whole new team when their drugged, sorry supplemented, players were suspended for a year.

That should be made very, very, public.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
kezza wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Slight differences.

Get that Syd , but for mine you are with us or you are against us no half way . You are loyal or you are not . No such thing as 99 per cent loyal . you are loyal or you are not .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next