Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
I'm hopeless at positioning and understanding how mids are used, but reckon we have some serious depth now.

Newman Jones Stocker
Kemp Weitering Saad
Williams Cripps LOB
Cerra Charlie Honey
Silvagni McKay Martin

Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I/c from: TDK, Ed, Kennedy, Owies, Fisher, Dow, Young, Plowman, McGov, Fogarty

Others: Durdin, Newnes, Williamson, Setterfield, Parks, Philp, Mirkov, Carroll, Boyd

Didn't consider Marchbank, Cunners or Docherty due to injury/illness.

Midfield rotation involving Cripps, Cerra, Walsh, Williams, Ed, Kennedy.

Happy for that to be torn apart.

Exciting times!

Cunners is back running. He's working hard as we speak.

Brilliant news. :gift: He's a bonus.

How do you know?

The speed of Cuningham and Philp really gives us weapons

Post subject: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
IMO it should be something like this, but as people know, I hold some players in higher regard than others. Oh well.

*Docherty\Plowman Young Jones\Marchbank*
Stocker Weitering Saad
Cerra Cripps O’Brien
Williams CCurnow Fisher
JSoS McKay Martin
DeKoning Hewett Walsh
Kemp\Carroll Kennedy\Setterfield Dow\Cuningham Williamson\Newman

Young has been recruited to play KP back and allow Jones 3rd man. I like Marchbank in that role.
Bench I like to be more specific - wingers, inside mids rotation, midfield run and then extra defender.
I think Durdin is the one that will pushing hard for a small forward role but the 3 players I have forward are very talented and skilled, who I expect big years coming up.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pittonet starting ruck with TDK forward line but Young’s inclusion and Kemp from the bench, should give us cover to play one ruck!

No room for Ed Curnow on the bench?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
IMO it should be something like this, but as people know, I hold some players in higher regard than others. Oh well.

Stocker Weitering Saad
Cerra Cripps O’Brien
Williams CCurnow Fisher
JSoS McKay Martin
DeKoning Hewett Walsh

Young has been recruited to play KP back and allow Jones 3rd man. I like Marchbank in that role.
Bench I like to be more specific - wingers, inside mids rotation, midfield run and then extra defender.
I think Durdin is the one that will pushing hard for a small forward role but the 3 players I have forward are very talented and skilled, who I expect big years coming up.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pittonet starting ruck with TDK forward line but Young’s inclusion and Kemp from the bench, should give us cover to play one ruck!

No room for Ed Curnow on the bench?

I always like this time of year and star gazing! :grin:

Stocker Weitering Young
Docherty Jones Saad
Walsh Cripps Marchbank
Martin Charlie Cunningham
Fisher McKay JSOS

TDK Cerra Dow

Williams Kemp Honey Hewitt Newman Ed Kennedy

Not sure of when those injured return, hence the extended interchange.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Williams Jones Young
Kemp Weitering Newman
Cerra Walsh Saad
Honey Charlie Cunningham
Fisher McKay JSOS

TDK Cripps Hewitt

Kennedy Dow Martin Stocker

I love Ed but no room for him now.

Martin and Williams get 2 games to show us why they are on the big bucks or VFL for the next 3

No room for Marchbank early days

I suspect Doc will be a ways off.

Speed in that front half from Saad, Honey, Cunningham and Fisher.

I prefer Saad delivering the ball inside F50.

Kemp keeps Plowman out but I doubt that will be the case initially. Kemp is our future.

Newnes, McGovern, Williamson, Fogarty and Setterfield need to bang the door down in the VFL.

If Cunningham is ready he is in. If not ready then McGovern gets 2 games like Williams and Martin to put up or join the VFL.

Owies stiff to miss but I think Fisher after a full pre season and at his best brings more, plus can rotate on ball.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Williams Jones Young
Kemp Weitering Newman
Cerra Walsh Saad
Honey Charlie Cunningham
Fisher McKay JSOS

TDK Cripps Hewitt

Kennedy Dow Martin Stocker

I love Ed but no room for him now.

Martin and Williams get 2 games to show us why they are on the big bucks or VFL for the next 3

No room for Marchbank early days

I suspect Doc will be a ways off.

Speed in that front half from Saad, Honey, Cunningham and Fisher.

I prefer Saad delivering the ball inside F50.

Kemp keeps Plowman out but I doubt that will be the case initially. Kemp is our future.

Newnes, McGovern, Williamson, Fogarty and Setterfield need to bang the door down in the VFL.

If Cunningham is ready he is in. If not ready then McGovern gets 2 games like Williams and Martin to put up or join the VFL.

Owies stiff to miss but I think Fisher after a full pre season and at his best brings more, plus can rotate on ball.

Regards Cazzesman

Like your side Cazz however am not sure about Cunningham coming back from a knee reco. I assume Young would play back up ruck?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

3 big signings from the best 22 due in 2022

Walsh
Dow
Stocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 am 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:

Stocker Weitering Saad
Cerra Cripps O’Brien
Williams CCurnow Fisher
JSoS McKay Martin
DeKoning Hewett Walsh

we seem to agree on alot of things, this line up is very close to my own thoughts ...

only difference is, i just feel stocker should/will be played more through the midfield .. perhaps as that 5th man in after the bounce, and how do we role back to still have 6 in defence ..

perhaps it is october excitement, and we all know we have been burnt before ... but we do have a really good side, that should have done alot better last year (coach or note)

however, as i said in another post

new prez, new ceo, new coaches, some new players in the midfield ... all hopefully with new game plan and clear and undisputed direction, we take the next step as a club on and off the field. we that side above, we should be well involved in every game we play ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Stocker Weitering Saad
Cerra Cripps O’Brien
Williams CCurnow Fisher
JSoS McKay Martin
DeKoning Hewett Walsh

we seem to agree on alot of things, this line up is very close to my own thoughts ...

only difference is, i just feel stocker should/will be played more through the midfield .. perhaps as that 5th man in after the bounce, and how do we role back to still have 6 in defence ..

perhaps it is october excitement, and we all know we have been burnt before ... but we do have a really good side, that should have done alot better last year (coach or note)

however, as i said in another post

new prez, new ceo, new coaches, some new players in the midfield ... all hopefully with new game plan and clear and undisputed direction, we take the next step as a club on and off the field. we that side above, we should be well involved in every game we play ...

...and not only that we should start winning :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:41 pm 
Bruce Comben

Newman Jones Stocker
Kemp Weitering Saad
Williams Cripps LOB
Cerra Charlie Honey
Silvagni McKay Martin

Pittonet Walsh Hewett

I/c from: TDK, Ed, Kennedy, Owies, Fisher, Dow, Young, Plowman, McGov, Fogarty

Others: Durdin, Newnes, Williamson, Setterfield, Parks, Philp, Mirkov, Carroll, Boyd

Didn't consider Marchbank, Cunners or Docherty due to injury/illness.

Ok so i will preface this by saying 2 things:

1. it doesnt matter what the side looks like on paper, can they run hard BOTH ways and can they work for EACH OTHER
2. A side needs to be balanced with smalls v talls, outisde vs inside, stopper vs intercept etc.

here is my shot

FB. Stocker Weitering Plowman

HB. Saad Jones Newman

C. Williams Walsh O'Brien

HF. Fisher C Curnow Hewitt

FF. Silvagni McKay Martin

Ruck. De Koning Cripps Cerra

INT. E. Curnow Dow Kemp McGovern Kennedy

Extras : Owies, Honey, Pittonet, Newnes, Young, Foggarty, Williamson, Setterfield, Durdin

INJ (not considered) Docherty, Cunningham and Marchbank and i think all 3 of these are in out best 22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:10 am 
Rod Ashman

I'm just not sure how people can list LOB in our best 22 at this stage, when he has shown clearly he is not in our best 22 and is very lucky to still be on our list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

My team.

B. Docherty Weitering Plowman

H/B Saad Jones Williams

C. Cerra (Mid rotation) Cripps Philp

H/F. Fisher Charlie Martin

Dow (Mid rotation) Harry JSOS (2nd ruck)

R. TDK Stocker Walsh

I/C Kennedy (Mid) Kemp (defence rotation) McGovern Durdin

E. Ed, Hewett, Newman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

My bones are vibrating after the update to include the new blues!

http://jimmae.epizy.com/teamboard.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 am 
Geoff Southby

I doubt we’ll see Doc in 2022 and I assume that Cunningham & Marchbank will start the year in the reserves. So my team would be-

Seniors
B: Plowman Jones Young
HB: Saad Weitering Williams
C: Cerra Cripps Newman
HF: Dow C Curnow Silvagni
F: Fisher McKay Martin

R: Pittonet Hewitt Walsh
Inter: E Curnow, Kennedy, Stocker, TDK

Cerra, Dow, Fisher, Kennedy & E Curnow rotating through the centre square group, wing and forward lines. Stocker rotating through the backline. Newman swapping with Saad/Williams as required.

We don’t know how we’ll structure up under Voss, but I’ve gone with the two ruckman. It’s tempting to bring in another small/pressure forward (eg. Durdin, Fogarty, Honey or Owies), drop a ruckman and use Silvagni as the 2nd ruckman. Silvagni was good in that role last season, but I don’t know how many times we can go to that well. Using Young as a 2nd ruckman/defender is another possibility. TDK & Pittonet can both play if at least one of them can improve their forward craft. Having said that, I can easily see us only playing one, using Silvagni/Young as 2nd ruck and bringing in one of the aforementioned small/pressure forwards.

Reserves
B: Boyd Kemp Parks
HB: Philp Marchbank Williamson
C: Newnes Setterfield O’Brien
HF: Fogarty McGovern Honey
F: Durdin McDonald Owies

R: Mirkov Carroll Cunningham
Inter: Cottrell, draftee(s).

Cunningham & Marchbank have the ability to be in our best senior side, but I think the onus is on them to put together a block of VFL form early in the season and force their way in.

It will be interesting to see where Kemp plays - personally, I would keep developing him as a defender for now.

There’s a spot in the senior side for Durdin, Fogarty, Honey or Owies if they have a big preseason and fire in the practice matches.

It remains to be seen what we do in the ND/rookie draft, but it’s looking like we might only have 1 or 2 live picks. I would go for the best available (regardless of type) with those picks because our list is looking pretty well balanced to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kemp weiters Newman
Saad Jones stocker
Williams cripps cerra
Cunningham curnow Martin
Honey McKay sos
Pittonet /tdk (can’t decide ) hewett Walsh
Dow young Fogarty carrol /philp / Kennedy/setters

Doc to retire and retained as a coach
Saad bare min , in top 40 for AA
McKay and curnow to kick a 100 goals between them
Honey to sting the competition, is that too much ??
Stocker, Kemp to announce themselves
Williams to become a team selfless player
Crippa to run from hb without bouncing to kick a team lifting goal …

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

There's no wrongs or rights at this time of the season. This is the Foxsports best 22 under Michael Voss.

Docherty can't be considered for now, and Newman takes his spot.
Cuningham still recovering from an ACL and also not considered.

Maybe they've got Mitch in to take the 3rd tall if Silvagni is the one giving DeKoning a chop out in the ruck.

Like me, they've got Marchbank straight into the team. That shows some confidence Marchy is on the comeback trail.
If he gets himself fit and in form over summer, he's a new top shelf recruit.

Also love the recognition Honey has created from his recent senior games with goal kicking and hard tackling a feature.

Lewis becomes a swingman.
Quote:
CARLTON

B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Nic Newman

HB: Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering, Zac Williams

C:Adam Cerra, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow

HF: Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Zac Fisher

F: Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay, Josh Honey

FOLL: Tom De Koning, Sam Walsh, George Hewett

I/C: Mitch McGovern, Lewis Young, Liam Stocker, Paddy Dow

In: George Hewett, Adam Cerra, Lewis Young

Out: Eddie Betts, Levi Casboult, Marc Murphy, Sam Petrevski-Seton

Quote:
WE SAY: The ‘winners’ of the trade period, it’s fair to say the Blues got a whole lot stronger this offseason. One of the hardest teams to pick a best 22 for, there’s a whole host of names we could’ve fit into the side. Lachie Plowman loses his spot in the backline to Lewis Young andCaleb Marchbank, although the latter hasn’t been able to stay healthy across his career. And fingers crossed for Sam Docherty’s recovery from testicular cancer, but we’ve left him out of the side until we know more about his health. Elsewhere, David Cunningham could easily occupy a wing and push Cerra onto the ball, with he and Hewett proving solid midfield depth the club has lacked in recent years. It’s fair to ask how exactly Hewett and Cerra will both get starting midfield spots, since the wing isn’t exactly where you want the latter. Meanwhile, the likes of Lochie O’Brien, Matt Kennedy, Will Setterfield and Jack Newnes will be pressing their claims. Michael Voss has an abundance of options, and that’s a great problem to have.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2022-preview-best-22s-after-trade-period-trade-news-2021-ins-and-outs-recruits-who-plays-round-1-2022-analysis/news-story/cdc8336a63482a9ece4821ddff1c237b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
There's no wrongs or rights at this time of the season. This is the Foxsports best 22 under Michael Voss.

Docherty can't be considered for now, and Newman takes his spot.
Cuningham still recovering from an ACL and also not considered.

Maybe they've got Mitch in to take the 3rd tall if Silvagni is the one giving DeKoning a chop out in the ruck.

Like me, they've got Marchbank straight into the team. That shows some confidence Marchy is on the comeback trail.
If he gets himself fit and in form over summer, he's a new top shelf recruit.

Also love the recognition Honey has created from his recent senior games with goal kicking and hard tackling a feature.

Lewis becomes a swingman.
Quote:
CARLTON

B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Nic Newman

HB: Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering, Zac Williams

C:Adam Cerra, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow

HF: Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Zac Fisher

F: Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay, Josh Honey

FOLL: Tom De Koning, Sam Walsh, George Hewett

I/C: Mitch McGovern, Lewis Young, Liam Stocker, Paddy Dow

In: George Hewett, Adam Cerra, Lewis Young

Out: Eddie Betts, Levi Casboult, Marc Murphy, Sam Petrevski-Seton

Quote:
WE SAY: The ‘winners’ of the trade period, it’s fair to say the Blues got a whole lot stronger this offseason. One of the hardest teams to pick a best 22 for, there’s a whole host of names we could’ve fit into the side. Lachie Plowman loses his spot in the backline to Lewis Young andCaleb Marchbank, although the latter hasn’t been able to stay healthy across his career. And fingers crossed for Sam Docherty’s recovery from testicular cancer, but we’ve left him out of the side until we know more about his health. Elsewhere, David Cunningham could easily occupy a wing and push Cerra onto the ball, with he and Hewett proving solid midfield depth the club has lacked in recent years. It’s fair to ask how exactly Hewett and Cerra will both get starting midfield spots, since the wing isn’t exactly where you want the latter. Meanwhile, the likes of Lochie O’Brien, Matt Kennedy, Will Setterfield and Jack Newnes will be pressing their claims. Michael Voss has an abundance of options, and that’s a great problem to have.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2022-preview-best-22s-after-trade-period-trade-news-2021-ins-and-outs-recruits-who-plays-round-1-2022-analysis/news-story/cdc8336a63482a9ece4821ddff1c237b

I reckon I would have Kennedy and kemp on the bench instead of young and McGovern but great team and it all depends on injury and preseason…(and hopefully Cunningham is fit soon)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Does Saad have the tank to play on a wing ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

He can run well enough, but I think the question is whether his weapons would be diminished beyond usefulness if he was put in that position.

He’s what Lethal would call a 100m player. Playing him on the wing might reduce that by half.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

New coach and game plan and I expect to see some changes to our line up. I hope some of our young talent comes through

Seniors:

B: Plowman Jones McGovern
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Cerra Cripps Carroll
HF: Martin TDK Honey
F: Charlie McKay Durdin
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Setterfield Stocker Kemp Jack

Reserves:

B: Boyd Young Parks
HB: Cuningham Marchbank Newman
C: Philp Kennedy O'Brien
HF: Owies McDonald Fisher
F: Fogarty Crocker Newnes
Foll: Mirkov Curnow Dow
Int: Williamson Cottrell Pick 25

That's as good a Reserves side as we have had in 30 years

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
New coach and game plan and I expect to see some changes to our line up. I hope some of our young talent comes through

Seniors:

B: Plowman Jones McGovern
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Cerra Cripps Carroll
HF: Martin TDK Honey
F: Charlie McKay Durdin
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Walsh
Int: Setterfield Stocker Kemp Jack

Reserves:

B: Boyd Young Parks
HB: Cuningham Marchbank Newman
C: Philp Kennedy O'Brien
HF: Owies McDonald Fisher
F: Fogarty Crocker Newnes
Foll: Mirkov Curnow Dow
Int: Williamson Cottrell Pick 25

That's as good a Reserves side as we have had in 30 years

Have we or are we picking up Crocker? Or are you just anticipating he will play in our reserves team again next year as a non-listed player?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next