Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We have been looking for a bit of luck and a rough diamond to fall our way. Could Boyd be that player?

Quote:
“Jordan Boyd is going very well at half-back for the Blues.

... he’s catching some attention down there playing at half-back.

“For what it’s worth, in an intra-club of course, but he’s getting plenty of the pill and I’m told he’s very impressive.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/02/11/little-known-carlton-rookie-very-impressive-in-friday-intra-club/

Its only an intra club game dancing with their sister but Boydy is impressing and he has a great kick on him we would value setting up play from the HB line.

At 182 cm he is similar in build to Williams.

Loving this pressure for spots in the Best 22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
Who are the real A-listers of the AFL world?

Does a Brownlow Medal automatically equal elite status? Not the case for Ollie Wines.

And what about being an All-Australian and premiership captain? Or, it seems, for Max Gawn.

These are all questions to emerge after Champion Data revealed its full list of players that the stats show are A-listed guns.

Ollie Wines is among the big names to miss out.

The list of elite-rated players is based on Champion Data’s AFL Player Ratings for season 2021.

To qualify, players must have played a minimum of 10 matches last season and the rating is relevant to the players’ position – general forwards and defenders, key forwards and defenders, midfielders, mid-forwards, rucks and wings.

According to Champion Data, the AFL Player Ratings measure how you win the ball, where on the ground you win the ball and what you do with the ball.

Players that win the ball in a contest, in dangerous areas on the ground and use the ball well rate highly.

Quote:
CARLTON
Elite players: Three – Adam Saad (general defender), Zac Williams (general defender), Jacob Weitering (key defender).

Captain Patrick Cripps has missed out on an elite status for the second year in a row, falling from above average at the start of last year to “average” based on Champion Data’s ratings.

But perhaps the biggest surprise was Blues young gun Sam Walsh’s above average rating, slipping from his elite ranking the previous year.

Walsh averaged 29.8 disposals a game, won his first club best-and-fairest award and finished fourth in the Brownlow Medal count.

Champion Data acknowledged Walsh’s fantastic season, rating above average in every area for a midfielder, which resulted in his overall rating being above average.

Recruit Adam Saad was the only Blue to retain his elite rating from the previous year.

Saad was joined by vice-captain and defensive general Jacob Weitering – who holds an elite ranking for spoils and disposals – and fellow recruit Zac Williams, despite an injury interrupted start to life at his new club and mid-season questions about his fitness.

He met the minimum 10-game qualifier with his 14 senior games.

The Blues had seven players rated above average – Sam Docherty (general defender), Nic Newman (general defender), recruit George Hewett (general defender), Fisher (general forward), Lachie Fogarty (general forward), Harry McKay (key forward) and Walsh (midfielder).

Retired defender Liam Jones would have also been listed among the Blues above average players.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/champion-data-reveals-every-afl-clubs-eliterated-players-ahead-of-the-2022-season/news-story/d735467906b2f34130bae4d802a110d6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Despite some rumblings from frustrated Carlton supporters and media headline seekers, our new recruit Zac Williams was only one of 3 players ranked as "elite" in their position by Champion Data.

Same can be said about Saad.

These 2 I'm expecting to rock the AFL world in 22.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh out for first month of 2022 season with ankle surgery. :cry:

Post subject: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It'll be more than a month you'd think. This will be your classic 10-12 gamer I reckon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluehammer wrote:
It'll be more than a month you'd think. This will be your classic 10-12 gamer I reckon.

Will only just scrape in for the Brownlow then...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Loving the optimism. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:38 am 
Garry Crane

bluehammer wrote:

Selwood came back in 5 weeks from same injury in 2017
Libba 4 weeks for the Dogs the year they won the flag

They can come back earlier and if anyone on our list has the work ethic & professionalism to do that it's Walsh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

TheDenominator wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Selwood came back in 5 weeks from same injury in 2017
Libba 4 weeks for the Dogs the year they won the flag

They can come back earlier and if anyone on our list has the work ethic & professionalism to do that it's Walsh

I'm not sure about ankle syndesmosis injuries, but what I do know is that comparing Murphy's from a few years back when he hobbled off the ground and taken off for the rest of the game, Walsh played on after his injury for the whole match sim and wasn't until scans completed that surgery was decided the best for his situation.

Its obvious from Selwood and Libba experience that there's different degrees of this injury, probably like there is for all injuries and they player they happen to.

Best of luck Sam....hope you only miss 3 weeks of the H & A, or less: round 4 is 9 weeks from surgery. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:50 am 
Rod Ashman

A syndesmotic ankle sprain is an injury to one or more of the ligaments comprising the distal tibiofibular syndesmosis; it is often referred to as a "high ankle sprain. The fact he was able to play on would indicate the ligaments weren't too badly damaged because it is generally reported as being more painful than a regular sprain. The fact he is having surgery would indicate there was some instability though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
A syndesmotic ankle sprain is an injury to one or more of the ligaments comprising the distal tibiofibular syndesmosis; it is often referred to as a "high ankle sprain. The fact he was able to play on would indicate the ligaments weren't too badly damaged because it is generally reported as being more painful than a regular sprain. The fact he is having surgery would indicate there was some instability though.

Much appreciated carna.

I had no idea...and no idea how many ligaments in the distal tibiofibular.

Would one injured ligament create instability to warrant surgery?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Boyd continues to impress and makes Stocker's spot in the backline his own from round 1, Docherty can be released to a wing or Williams in the starting mids with Cripps and Hewett.

There's plenty of options to take Walsh's spot in the midfield, but no one can replace walsh.

I still feel we can beat these pumpkin Heads in round 1.

Ed to start on a wing and go straight to Dustin and stick to him, get under his skin, stiflr him.
Dustin is their match winner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

oops

Last edited by bondiblue on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

oops

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:19 pm 
formerly BlueRob

If Stocker is fit and match ready, his position in the side is a no brainer. I have been watching replays from last year and every time I see him he impresses. Reminds me so much of a Fraser Brown. Tough and tenacious with skill to match.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:23 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Regarding Walsh: 2 months to be ready sounds right. That would take him up to the Carlton v Port game on April 17th.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
If Stocker is fit and match ready, his position in the side is a no brainer. I have been watching replays from last year and every time I see him he impresses. Reminds me so much of a Fraser Brown. Tough and tenacious with skill to match.

Me too.

In Stocker I trust.

Its like Silvagni...I trust.

Give them a role if they aren't in the middle starring for their team.

He will be back within the 4th round and if things go his way, he's in.

IF we are 4 wins from 4 games, and strong wins from a team effort, its going to be hard to break into this team (not for Walsh). But if they lose early games like previous years, they will be desperate to get Stocker let alone Walsh in the team, me thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stocker is in my Best 22, as is Walsh, Marchbank, Cuningham.

Docherty will be in Australian contention is my guess. He is "mental".

Injuries are stopping us putting our best 23 on the ground ever, but 4 out thus far can be covered imo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:50 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I want to see Carroll get a game early. I really like his prospects and from what I have seen he oozes class.

Silvagni like Stocker is a no brainer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
I want to see Carroll get a game early. I really like his prospects and from what I have seen he oozes class.

Silvagni like Stocker is a no brainer.

Another Carroll fan.

Its all about Carroll for the track watchers this preseason.

Fingers crossed. Would love to see a smokey in form selected

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next