Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
My turn…

B: Williams Young McGovern
HB: Saad Weitering Docherty
C: Fisher Cripps Cottrell
HF: Walsh McKay Silvagni
F: Owies C.Curnow C.Durdin

R: Pittonet Hewitt Cerra

Inter: Kennedy, Newman, Setterfield, TDK
Sub: Martin

Williams and/or Newman could be changed to Plowman, Boyd or Stocker and I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. A fit & firing Marchbank would trump them all, but he has had so little footy over the last 3 years that I can’t justify selecting him ahead of the others at this point. If he gets some continuity in the last month of the season, I reserve the right to change my mind!

My team’s pretty similar to Cecil’s, but I’ve gone with Setterfield ahead of Martin in the 22 for the extra wing rotation. That spot is still very much up for grabs IMO, but I’ll go with Setterfield ahead of LOB, Hayes & Newnes for now.

Another change I’d seriously consider to the above team is Martin into the 22 for Silvagni (or possibly TDK), if we’re worried about being a little too tall.

Motlop & Honey show promise, but I can’t select them ahead of Owies & C.Durdin who had a good thing going before Owies got injured. A fit Cunningham would be well and truly in the mix here but, like Marchbank, I can’t justify putting him in my best team at the moment.

Around the mark. My issue is how much is potential and how much is form? For us to be a top 4 side next year the improvement needs to come from names like Boyd, Owies, Dow, O'Brien, Honey, Durdin etc. A fit McDonald makes a big difference

I have high hopes for Carroll Kemp Mirkov Motlop to become genuine top end players

I'm hoping next year our 22 looks very different. Some players may even be tried in different roles.

I look at players like Atkins at the Cats, Baker, Rioli at Tigers, Himmelberg at GWS, Blakey at Swans as examples of okay players that have gone to a new level in new roles.

Post subject: 2022 Best 22
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
My turn…

Williams and/or Newman could be changed to Plowman, Boyd or Stocker and I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. A fit & firing Marchbank would trump them all, but he has had so little footy over the last 3 years that I can’t justify selecting him ahead of the others at this point. If he gets some continuity in the last month of the season, I reserve the right to change my mind!

My team’s pretty similar to Cecil’s, but I’ve gone with Setterfield ahead of Martin in the 22 for the extra wing rotation. That spot is still very much up for grabs IMO, but I’ll go with Setterfield ahead of LOB, Hayes & Newnes for now.

Another change I’d seriously consider to the above team is Martin into the 22 for Silvagni (or possibly TDK), if we’re worried about being a little too tall.

Motlop & Honey show promise, but I can’t select them ahead of Owies & C.Durdin who had a good thing going before Owies got injured. A fit Cunningham would be well and truly in the mix here but, like Marchbank, I can’t justify putting him in my best team at the moment.

Around the mark. My issue is how much is potential and how much is form? For us to be a top 4 side next year the improvement needs to come from names like Boyd, Owies, Dow, O'Brien, Honey, Durdin etc. A fit McDonald makes a big difference

I have high hopes for Carroll Kemp Mirkov Motlop to become genuine top end players

I'm hoping next year our 22 looks very different. Some players may even be tried in different roles.

I look at players like Atkins at the Cats, Baker, Rioli at Tigers, Himmelberg at GWS, Blakey at Swans as examples of okay players that have gone to a new level in new roles.

A fit McDonald makes a big difference? Really? Doesn’t get near our best 22 if we have everyone fit IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
My turn…

A fit McDonald makes a big difference? Really? Doesn’t get near our best 22 if we have everyone fit IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How quickly people forget. At start of the year was our best full back and playing well. Voss praised him highly. He was keeping our new recruit Young out of the side

Also as I said competition for spots makes a big difference

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

cecil89 wrote:
Williams Young McGovern
Docherty Weitering Saad
Cerra Walsh Cottrell
Martin McKay Fisher
Silvagni Curnow Owies
Pittonet Cripps Hewett

Kennedy DeKoning
Durdin Newman

Setterfield

Plowman Marchbank Boyd O’Brien Hayes Newnes Motlop Honey

I feel like I’m missing a wing rotation, with Martin perhaps the most vulnerable in the 22.

I reckon that's close to the mark Cecil.

I love the idea of Owies and Durdin rotating in the forwardline, and Fisher rotating wing/ Forward too.

Boyd and Marchbank leaving their run a bit late, but I'm not writing them off. If fit, Marchbank would give us a lot of flexibility, and would be ahead of Newman as the sub, at the very least.

For mine!

If we could get Boyd in...we have rotations for the backline and wing, and no real need for Newman; perhaps Newman bumps out Setterfield.

WE are waiting for Williams, Martin, Marchbank and Boyd to make their mark in the coming weeks, and expecting Owies to return this or next game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12