Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

2022 memberships were launched a week or so back. Reckon we're on for another increase this year?

Story here -> https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/10176 ... p-launched

--

Previous membership info…

2021 thread (81,302 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37078
2020 thread (67,035 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36764
2019 thread (64,629 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36387
2018 thread (56,005 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36031
2017 thread (50,335 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35611
2016 thread (50,130 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35034
2015 thread (47,305 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34354
2014 thread (47,557 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33480
2013 thread (50,597 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32338
2012 thread (45,801 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31111
2011 thread (43,813 members) -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29413

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

Surely we wont go up. They gave them out to every man and his dog last year, if we get a similar number we have done fantastically well particularly if people start paying.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I've been a Member for over 40 years. I think the club acknowledges 20+

I've tried to help them to correct the data for all the family to no avail.

I haven't been sent any Members items eg scarf rtc because I'm interstate, and they expect me to come to the shop in Melbourne to pick up. When I do, they are out of stock or shop closed because of covid. That stuffs up our continuity of memorabilia, and with that our Memberships...why?

Now the Membership Dept is trying to renew my Membership by getting their grubby hands on my Credit Card without my permission.

Thank God my Credit Card has expired on their database. They've been told, and told me "noted" they will never proactively use my Credit Card again, and did.

They've lost me. Its eith cheque or Cash or no Memberships. This has Liddle's name all over iot

@#$%&! em all. They've been told and can't control their greed...that's 15 Memberships I'm not renewing till I get do and pay cash at the till and collect my beanie/ scarf when I do. Idiots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

My girls made a joke just this morning about the "Carlton" debit.

Ive whinged about it for few years now.

Its become a joke within our house that is for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Spoke to someone at the club today.

Seems like a new crew on board in Memberships. They have weeded out those who didn't flag Members' notes, and some ignored notes... WE will see.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 am 
formerly Fevola

Yep, i downgraded my membership from Marvel reserved to MCC add on unreserved. As I get an MCC membership too. You cant change memberships online as they want you to call them so they can talk you out of it I guess. Anyway they changed it and the default payment setting is 'auto payment' and they didnt tell me. After I told them that I want control over my own payments and just to have the invoice available for me to pay when I could.

So this morning I went to make the payment and happened to notice it was set to auto renewal and It doesnt have the option to change it. So i waited till the club was open so I can change it and make a payment and then I noticed they used my credit card that I used in past payments I made.

I cracked it with the club and asked them how they got permission to use my old stored credit card to just take the payment without asking.

They said sorry that when they issued the new invoice it defaulted to auto pay.

I wrote them a long complaint letter as its not right.

I told them many people have this same issue and they said no one has ever said anything and that everyone has the option to call the club and change the payment structure.

My arse !! This is how they treat their members..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:34 am 
Geoff Southby

I had the same discussion about auto renewal when I signed up this season.
They told me to call at the end of the season before mid October to remove it.
It seems every year you pay your membership they/their system automatically puts you onto auto renew, even if you ask them not to.
Very annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What pisses me off about the whole thing and the club aren't the only ones who do it, is you can very easily join online without any hassles.
They are more than happy to take your money. However, you can't cancel online.
For that you have to ring up and have a discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:37 pm 
formerly Fevola

After my complaint to their credit someone called me. Basically if you ever pay online or call on the phone and pay by credit card, the details remain on the system. And you need to tell them that you are making a one off payment only so they need to deflag the auto payment.

I told them that its a ploy for them to entrap people to resign automatically and it should not default to auto pay. They said it was a site run by the AFL/Ticketmaster and they cant control it.

You just have to tell them every time that its a one off payment and to remove the auto flag.

Crap if you ask me. They reckon they have had no complaints in the past. I call bulldust.

But the guy that called was very nice and he acknowledged the deficiencies in the system.

I absolutely gave it to him as I dont want anyone taking money without my consent. I dont think its right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
Yep, i downgraded my membership from Marvel reserved to MCC add on unreserved. As I get an MCC membership too. You cant change memberships online as they want you to call them so they can talk you out of it I guess. Anyway they changed it and the default payment setting is 'auto payment' and they didnt tell me. After I told them that I want control over my own payments and just to have the invoice available for me to pay when I could.

So this morning I went to make the payment and happened to notice it was set to auto renewal and It doesnt have the option to change it. So i waited till the club was open so I can change it and make a payment and then I noticed they used my credit card that I used in past payments I made.

I cracked it with the club and asked them how they got permission to use my old stored credit card to just take the payment without asking.

They said sorry that when they issued the new invoice it defaulted to auto pay.

I wrote them a long complaint letter as its not right.

I told them many people have this same issue and they said no one has ever said anything and that everyone has the option to call the club and change the payment structure.

My arse !! This is how they treat their members..

Well done Drewgirl

The fact they are now running wiuth the line " no one has said anything..." is disturbing for me and should be for the club. If they want to play to arrogant ignorant card they will lose me and 20 odd memberships with that. Rusted on or not. Playing with people's credit cards and in their pockets is unethical, and I'm not giving anyone, even Carlton my business if they want to be unethical.

I'm ex Marketing, and I know smoke and mirrors and the lip service that can be given to brush off the squeaky wheel.

Not good enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
After my complaint to their credit someone called me. Basically if you ever pay online or call on the phone and pay by credit card, the details remain on the system. And you need to tell them that you are making a one off payment only so they need to deflag the auto payment.

I told them that its a ploy for them to entrap people to resign automatically and it should not default to auto pay. They said it was a site run by the AFL/Ticketmaster and they cant control it.

You just have to tell them every time that its a one off payment and to remove the auto flag.

Crap if you ask me. They reckon they have had no complaints in the past. I call bulldust.

But the guy that called was very nice and he acknowledged the deficiencies in the system.

I absolutely gave it to him as I dont want anyone taking money without my consent. I dont think its right.

I'm paying by cheque...haven't yet .. and not likely till I find out more by baiting to find out if they are full of shit and not worth my money.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Drewgirl wrote:

Just a technicality .... I think you meant re-sign, not resign.

My membership is through the AFL membership, so I don't have these issues. Some years my membership packages have included some stuff like a scarf or beanie, other years they have been available at early season home games. With the latter, I have not been able to collect in recent years as I am usually in Canada early season, and may onley be able to attend a couple of late seson games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:44 pm 
formerly Fevola

The membership executive from Carlton i spoke to was really nice and really addressed my complaint really well. Very impressive.

I even told him to come into this forum and address peoples concerns and provide an explanation to you all. I said it would be a nice touch to show they care enough to listen to their members.

He asked for details on this forum and i told him to come into this thread.

I hope he does.. It will show how far they have come.

By him saying that Carlton dont control the membership system and that the AFL does, really said and explained a lot to me.

But they need to explain themselves and train their staff better to communicate these things and be more empathetic to our concerns.

No one should be taking money from anyone’s account without permission. Full Stop.

They dont know our financial circumstances after all.

I will keep an eye and hope he shows up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
What pisses me off about the whole thing and the club aren't the only ones who do it, is you can very easily join online without any hassles.

This is 101 gym membership tactics and that is what the whole process wreaks of.
I owned a gym for 5 years and made sure I didn't partake in this buggery.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

This is 101 gym membership tactics and that is what the whole process wreaks of.
I owned a gym for 5 years and made sure I didn't partake in this buggery.

Did you go broke?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:44 am 
Rod Ashman

Drewgirl wrote:
The membership executive from Carlton i spoke to was really nice and really addressed my complaint really well. Very impressive.

I even told him to come into this forum and address peoples concerns and provide an explanation to you all. I said it would be a nice touch to show they care enough to listen to their members.

He asked for details on this forum and i told him to come into this thread.

I hope he does.. It will show how far they have come.

By him saying that Carlton dont control the membership system and that the AFL does, really said and explained a lot to me.

But they need to explain themselves and train their staff better to communicate these things and be more empathetic to our concerns.

No one should be taking money from anyone’s account without permission. Full Stop.

They dont know our financial circumstances after all.

I will keep an eye and hope he shows up.

Generally on-line memberships default to auto pay so you have to make sure it is unselected when you join or renew. I was never happy with auto pay years ago and wanted the same "control". You never know when you want to let memberships lapse!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

Apparently the membership card that will be sent cannot be used for entry to the ground.
We have to download an app and the barcode from this is what we scan.
They don't make it easy for the elderly or for those with older phones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:44 am 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
Apparently the membership card that will be sent cannot be used for entry to the ground.
We have to download an app and the barcode from this is what we scan.
They don't make it easy for the elderly or for those with older phones.

Wonder if that is a club-driven decision or one from the AFL and/or ground operators?

Post subject: 2022 Membership thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

A League the same... I wondered ifnit was to do with not knowing capacities and not wanting to deal with people wanting to scan in on the day with seating not guaranteed...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Member tally is back, apparently…

https://twitter.com/CFCCheersquad/statu ... 4298189824

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next