Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

G'Day Baggers,

Hope this is ok to post - Nic from the Carlton Cheersquad here wanting to spread the word of our fundraising efforts ahead of Good Friday Footy next weekend.

This week we’re holding a very special raffle raising funds for the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.

The Good Friday Appeal is a truly special event. We see the best of Victoria on display for a very good cause.

We’re fundraising to allow the Hospital to not just be a world-leader in pediatric care, but to also be a home away from home for thousands of sick kids and their families.
Every ticket sold will help the 50,000 children from Victoria, and beyond, who are admitted to the wards of The Royal Children’s Hospital, the 85,000 patients who present to the Emergency Department and the 340,000 children treated in the clinics every year.

This week we’re raffling off a team AND coach signed guernsey!

That’s right – we weren’t content with just a team signed jumper – we got Michael Voss to sign it too! This item is super rare and would be a must have for any Carlton fan, especially memorabilia collectors.

One lucky person will win this awesome prize!

Last year we raised an amazing $12,000 which we donated to the Good Friday Appeal along with Carlton stars Mitch McGovern and Gab Pound.

Tickets as always are 10 for $10, 50 for $20 or 200 for $50

Alternatively, come see us at the top of aisle 1 inside gate 2 at the top of the Cheersquad bay where we'll also be selling raffle tickets on game day vs North Melbourne.

Raffle will be drawn Good Friday, March 29th at the match vs North during the 3qtr time break with the Raffle winner contacted and named in the comments of our social media posts as always.

If you can enter, or if you can donate to the Children’s Hospital via any other fundraiser, please do.
But even if you can't – encourage others to do so.

Do it for the kids.

Whether you're shaking a tin, on the phones or running one of the thousands events throughout the year that help the Good Friday Appeal – from the very bottom of our hearts - thank you so much.

Simply follow the link below to enter:
http://www.carltoncheersquad.com.au/shop

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Done. Well done on this Nic :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Always a pleasure to back the cheersquad.

Love their noise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:58 am 
Ken Hunter

Done, nice prize!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

I lost ALL my memorabilia in the last Brisbane Flood.

I've entered:
1. To help such a great cause
2. in a hope to start my collection again :)

Thanks for organising this

G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

GMCbris wrote:
I lost ALL my memorabilia in the last Brisbane Flood.

I've entered:
1. To help such a great cause
2. in a hope to start my collection again :)

Thanks for organising this

G

:cry: :cry:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

The biggest thankyou imaginable goes out to everyone who supported our Cheersquad Raffle this past week.

With your help, we are incredibly proud to announce we have raised $20,000, which we're officially donating to the Good Friday Appeal via our good mate @cripsyau 's fundraising page.

Having the privilege to be part of the Good Friday Match isn't something we as a Cheersquad take lightly, it was a truly overwhelming honour to meet so many families this past week who shared their stories about how the Royal Children's Hospital has played a role in caring for their families.

This week saw the Carlton community rally around this most worthy of causes - not only did we see generous support from the Baggers Army (and plenty of North fans too!) entering our Raffle, but we even had current and former Carlton Champions sharing our fundraising efforts on social media helping us get our message out there. To all who took part this past week, we say a massive "Thankyou".

And above all else, we want to send out an even bigger thankyou to the staff and volunteers of the Royal Children's Hospital. There is no way big enough to properly say "Thank you" to these incredible people.

To all the patients of RCH and their families, you are our true heroes in life.

We hope that this donation can, in some small way, show you some love to repay the endless inspiration you provide Victorians on a daily basis.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Great stuff!!

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:17 am 
Harry Vallence

Did I win?

LOL

Amazing effort - $20,000