Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

damning stat. we only have one more win than hawthorn

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Braithy wrote:
the problem that i have with Voss is, he's been here before. He coached the lions into regression and couldn't snap out of it, and from this season to last - he's done the same.

when players look confused and observers cannot figure out how we're trying to play and what we're trying to do? that's a red flag in coaching more than the players, imo ...

a season where finals was promised; and collectively as a team & a club right across the board we've regressed; people at cfc will have to pay those consequences...

I'd like to hear more about our "half arsed review" (as per caro's statement) and all of those implications.

Like, why was Mcrae never even green listed as a someone cfc needs to interview?

Our review came up with two names, lyon and voss. One old school and defensive who's never been able to get his teams over the line. And another a champion player who's never made the transition from player to head coach and the only time he tried he failed really really badly... maybe he's a career line coach?

but, why aren't we attempting to find the next mcrae?

Mcrae is the man manger and leader, and the assistants are the ones who are the tacticians and line coaches. Mcrae has good assistants guiding him and his players. Voss is a man manager and leader.

Who knows, maybe the Vossy game plan has got the players buy in and because it is unique its something we should embrace if it can win Finals because its different. I'm only guessing, like the rest of us.

Game plan has been tweaked and needs to continue to be tweaked and practised against AFL teams, not intra club games during the preseason. Maybe the reset is happening as we speak. Maybe we will see the players pick up another 5% and focus and visualise goals before they kick them.

Whatever is the problem, looks to me the rest of this year will be about finding out what works and who is not worth keeping.

i've wondered for a bit now ... if voss's combative gameplan from last season - if there were people at the club telling him to tone that down bcos it's not sustainable over a 24 game season. and now voss is at a loss how to implement a sustainable one?

Yeah. Dunno if anyone told him that and left without any other options/clues, but I do agree that gameplan wasn't sustainable. I don't really subscribe to the theory that other sides "figured us out" but more that it wasn't sustainable. By mid season Kennedy was very banged up, Hewett started to have back issues, Cerra did his hammy. Not only was it not sustainable over 24 weeks, looking at our games early in the season, questionable that it was sustainable over 4 quarters. Hence the shift.

Good points rhino and Braithy. We did discuss early last year whether the game plan was sustainable, and the outcome seems to confirm those suspicions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

8 goals in 6 quarters.

That's coaching.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:
8 goals in 6 quarters.

That's coaching.

In a team that includes the last 2 Coleman medalists .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walk for gods sake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

it's impossible to watch. we've gone so far backwards, the first 10 games last season seem like a dream and not real.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Can’t wait for the bullshit press conference again.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’ve seen enough, sack him

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

DesEnglish wrote:

Yes, it's getting close to that point unfortunately. We should be pushing top 4 or 5 this year yet we'll be 14th by the end of the weekend after 5 successive losses. We have gone so far backwards it's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Yes, it's getting close to that point unfortunately. We should be pushing top 4 or 5 this year yet we'll be 14th by the end of the weekend after 5 successive losses. We have gone so far backwards it's ridiculous.

You cannot kick 6 goals a week and keep your job.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sacking a coach achieves nothing. It won't happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
jim wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

You cannot kick 6 goals a week and keep your job.

I’d re-sign anyone who kicks 6 goals a week for Carlton :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bolton, Teague, Voss. One thing in common - pissweak players, pissweak culture. But sure let's sack Voss and hit Hardwick or whoever. Maybe this time it'll work!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

GreatEx wrote:
Bolton, Teague, Voss. One thing in common - pissweak players, pissweak culture. But sure let's sack Voss and hit Hardwick or whoever. Maybe this time it'll work!

His job is to instil culture. He’s shown nothing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
We should be pushing top 4 or 5 this year...

Should we though? Wrong style of player for the wrong type of footy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

DocSherrin III wrote:
Sacking a coach achieves nothing. It won't happen.

I can assure you, if this keeps up there is not a hope in hell he coaches next year. Much of our issue is the tail wagging the dog, our awful culture, players who simply aren't hungry, showing no care when they have the ball. Still though, the coach still won't survive this. It's been a monumental fall backwards. There's no way he has the locker room.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

DocSherrin III wrote:
jim wrote:

We missed finals by 0.6% after choking up the last 2 games and playing most of the year with half a side. Of course the next step should be top 4 to 6.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

one of the worst things happening with us are simple things. we're not sticking tackles, we're not running, we're not marking a man or making a contest and we don't know where we should be or where the ball is going.

teams walking through us. surely that's an indictment on coaching?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
jim wrote:

We missed finals by 0.6% after choking up the last 2 games and playing most of the year with half a side. Of course the next step should be top 4 to 6.
Look at the form line rather than the dead cat new coach bounce at the start. We are 4 wins out of 16 games.

That is hard to defend.

Unlike our ball movement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

I've been very reluctant and against the nuclear option but tonight he's broken me.

He's turned the one true equaliser the masses have (the escapism of footy) into a @#$%&! chore that's worse than a shit day at the office!

He's made footy, let alone Carlton, unwatchable.

Just go. Please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 110  Next