Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

AIRCAV wrote:
Watched his presser. Very good. Not going to dwell on the negatives. Take the win, celebrate, and move on.

Yeah , true , but the real Voss would be fuming inside . And that smile is the smile of a smiling assassin . Leopards don't change there spots . A few are in for a rude shock as the season unfolds . I can't wait myself . Carlton getting back to what it used to be . Ruthless and uncompromising just like the Coach himself . Fantastic aint it .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
Watched his presser. Very good. Not going to dwell on the negatives. Take the win, celebrate, and move on.

Yeah , true , but the real Voss would be fuming inside . And that smile is the smile of a smiling assassin . Leopards don't change there spots . A few are in for a rude shock as the season unfolds . I can't wait myself . Carlton getting back to what it used to be . Ruthless and uncompromising just like the Coach himself . Fantastic aint it .

Agree Mick, the review of the game hopefully should be another step in our learning. Hopefully we should learn a lot from a game like this. Interesting in the amount of games where teams are kicking many goals in a row - momentum footy is massive, need to know how to control a game.

In the 80's you would just start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Watched Voss speaking to Wayne 'the dominator' Johnston today, one of Voss' two idols growing up as a Carlton supporter alongside Kenny Hunter. During our Premiership years growing up the Dominator was our Dusty Martin, always standing up in the big finals. If only Voss can install his and Wayne's approach to the big matches amongst the playing group...oh this would be wondeful.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue4ever wrote:
Interesting in the amount of games where teams are kicking many goals in a row - momentum footy is massive, need to know how to control a game.

The Joy of Six-Six-Six.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Interesting in the amount of games where teams are kicking many goals in a row - momentum footy is massive, need to know how to control a game.

The Joy of Six-Six-Six.

Yep.
This is what makes the the tap and the centre clearance to advantage even more crucial in games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sam Walsh speaking about Voss on SEN

Quote:
Sam Walsh has revealed that a walk around Princes Park with Michael Voss was all it took to realise his new coach had a serious presence about him.

Quote:
“I definitely went for a walk with Vossy (Voss) around the park and I think a lot of the boys did as well,” Walsh told SEN Breakfast.

“I know he’s got pretty crook knees from his playing days, so he might have been screaming after that!

“Nah (footy wasn’t all we talked about), I think Vossy has got a pretty good balance in his life, he’s obviously got a great footy brain but I think me and a lot of the boys initially were just trying to get to know him.

“I think him doing that from day one just started to develop those strong relationships.

“After that walk, (I thought) there’s no wonder why this guy has been touted as one of the best leaders to do it.

“I’ve been able to try and learn a few things off him and when he speaks it’s got real power and weight behind it, he’s been doing a great job along with all the other assistants.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/04/04/the-moment-that-walsh-realised-voss-was-one-of-the-best-leaders-to-do-it/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

That first line reads like it came from a police interrogation.

"So, Mr Walsh, where were you on Thursday February 25th between 1 and 2pm?"
"Um, I think I might have been walking with Vossy.. ?"
"You THINK you were walking with Vossy? Can anyone corroborate this little walk of yours? Or were you at the scene of the crime, doing a little MURDERING?"
"No! No... No, I definitely went for a walk with Vossy. The other boys walked with Vossy too, ask them, they'll tell you!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:15 pm 
Wayne Johnston

How the players responded to Carlton’s tough review

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how ... 5ab3f.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:50 am 
formerly King Kenny

chubbyruss wrote:
How the players responded to Carlton’s tough review

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how ... 5ab3f.html

On the money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Have a look at this video highlighting the start of the Voss Era and what's to come ... Promo from last night's show, 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjF1-2RND8

Makes me feel good....real good.

Now we just need to continue to focus on one win, one game at a time....then we stick it up Mick McGuane, the farce he is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:18 am 
Craig Bradley

Third quarter efforts through five games:

R1 -23 v Richmond
R2 -13 v Bulldogs
R3 -13 v Hawthorn
R4 -23 v GC
R5 -32 v Port

The boss man says that a lapse in concentration is the root cause of our fade outs.

The main break seems like a good time to work on that problem.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:38 am 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
Third quarter efforts through five games:

R1 -23 v Richmond
R2 -13 v Bulldogs
R3 -13 v Hawthorn
R4 -23 v GC
R5 -32 v Port

The boss man says that a lapse in concentration is the root cause of our fade outs.

The main break seems like a good time to work on that problem.

This has been my concern also.
We have been up at half time in 4 of the 5 games (GCS -14).
I'm starting to think this may come down to strategy or a lack of it from the coaching department.
Either we are letting the opposition work out our game plan and allowing them to adapt to it with little to no change at half time. i.e. Solely a clearance based game.
Or, we are changing our game plan to a more controlled/defensive game and getting beaten on the spread by a more hungry team.

Either way, if we can get on top of them in the third quarter even by 1 point after a strong first half we will have beaten them in their heads and the job is done.
Or at the least we can come out strong in the 4th and put them away.

The massive positive is that the team will have total confidence if we are up by 2 goals half way through the 4th we will win the game.

It's an interesting dilemma we have, very stressful for us supporters but I really hope we work this out soon before it becomes a trend other team can bank on to beat us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:49 am 
Ken Hunter

79Vintage wrote:
Watched Voss speaking to Wayne 'the dominator' Johnston today, one of Voss' two idols growing up as a Carlton supporter alongside Kenny Hunter. During our Premiership years growing up the Dominator was our Dusty Martin, always standing up in the big finals. If only Voss can install his and Wayne's approach to the big matches amongst the playing group...oh this would be wondeful.

Agree. You always knew the dom would stand and deliver when we needed him. He was a star.
Add the Parkin instigated ‘Bosustow I need something special’ and it was a special half forward line.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:09 am 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
79Vintage wrote:

Agree. You always knew the dom would stand and deliver when we needed him. He was a star.
Add the Parkin instigated ‘Bosustow I need something special’ and it was a special half forward line.

Dustin Martin is a downhill skier compared to the Dominator.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:36 am 
Craig Bradley

sinbagger wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
79Vintage wrote:

Dustin Martin is a downhill skier compared to the Dominator.

I love Johnno like no other, but come on man…

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:45 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Martin in his prime was as good as it gets in finals.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lace Out wrote:

And so was the dominator … some might have to go back through their vhs tapes to remind themselves of how good Johnno was on the big stage …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:21 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Never said he wasn't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

And so was the dominator … some might have to go back through their vhs tapes to remind themselves of how good Johnno was on the big stage …

Very unlucky not to have at least two Norm Smith Medals.

The 1982 Norm Smith Medal should definitely be Johnston’s.

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 110  Next