Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Welcome Vossy.

Let’s get around him and back him in. Footy is a strange game and things turn around quickly, he could turn out to be our saviour.

He is hungry and wants the gig, which is something he has over Clarko, and doesn’t have the skeletons in the closet that Lyon allegedly has.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wasn't my top choice but I've moved on & am excited again. All the best Vossy. Go Blues.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Now the club has made a unified decision I support the appointment of Voss.
The one thing I like is that he seems more a hardened character than Teague.
The first thing he needs to do is implement this hardness into the playing group.
And stop our tendency of coughing up runs of multiple goals.
Good luck Michael!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:

You are a champion of this site Donstuie

I got to see that interview and announcement LIVE.

Shed a tear TBH...

3 new leaders at the helm before my eyes: Sayers, Cook and Voss.
I thought it was a huge improvement on Teague, Liddle and MLG for a start.
Felt like a new beginning. The start of something big.

When Sayers took liberty to let the audience know what happened this morning he mentioned how the same 3 gents were in contact with the players and staff. I suspect it was a zoom call and they were the first to be notified of the Voss appointment. The bit when Sayers said the audience started the chant "Vossy, Vossy, Vossy.." then "Cookie, Cookie, Cookie..." I was deeply moved. Softcock like.

Told me that the players have already got their heads in High Performance mode, and I bet, a sense of belief. Two days before the AFL GRAND FINAL. Talk about timing!

I assume Sayers would have told them, like he did in the live stream that he knew the plan to achieve High Performance culture across the club was going to show a dip on th back of that, hurting good people, and their families, and on long established relationships within the club. He knew he had to get the positions of the most important roles in the club fixed and grow on the back of that.

I can feel the sense of relief from the players, Sayers, us, the fans, and a feel we have come out the other end in a better place than we were not only 3 weeks ago, but also throughout the dreary year.

I don't share that feeling of ambiguity and underwhelmed like some other posters have said. I can't see why I would after that.

This is a great moment we all share here at Talking Carlton. One we will never forget, just like the day Juddy signed. Too easy to be a glass half empty and see dark skies ahead given what we have endured for 20 years. For me, its Finals next year.

Sayers President
Cook CEO
Russell High Performance
Voss Head Coach

The Playing list, I believe in.

New Assistants will be better than before.
Everything in between a better place.

The $50M upgrade.
AFLW season to look forward to.

We are a Destination club...welcome Cerra, welcome Hewett...

Blue Skies

and once again, the biggest story during the AFL Finals series and the week of the GRAND FINAL.....CARLTON!!!!!!

Bring on Premiership #17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is gonna be good.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
My Masters' supervisor once told me:

"To fully understand a problem, one must first unsuccessfully implement a solution."

Why? I asked

"Because only once you've figured out why your first attempt didn't work, have you grasped what is required. The next attempt should be bang on point. v2.0 is always bette than v1.0 (or even 1.1 service pack 12)".

What followed was hard yards of reflection, dissection and a second attempt that ultimately got the desired outcome.

He's done the reflection and the dissection at a club with a fantastic culture and has learned from a master in Ken Hinkley. He can only be better for it.

Wishing Vossy all the best in his role as head coach v2.0.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Amazing post. Thanks for sharing robbie.

The same applies to what Sayers has just done too.

Notice how important having the Review during the year is now. Now we have an outcome: v2.0...or reset!

I'm glad Sayers had the balls to go through with it rather than die wondering, and trying to make changes in November, December...ie too late for 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
New environment "will be somewhat uncomfortable".

Liking this already :thumbsup:

Well said and great to hear it from Vossy's lips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm 
Serge Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Shed a tear TBH...

When Sayers took liberty to let the audience know what happened this morning he mentioned how the same 3 gents were in contact with the players and staff. I suspect it was a zoom call and they were the first to be notified of the Voss appointment. The bit when Sayers said the audience started the chant "Vossy, Vossy, Vossy.." then "Cookie, Cookie, Cookie..." I was deeply moved. Softcock like.

Told me that the players have already got their heads in High Performance mode, and I bet, a sense of belief. Two days before the AFL GRAND FINAL. Talk about timing!

I assume Sayers would have told them, like he did in the live stream that he knew the plan to achieve High Performance culture across the club was going to show a dip on th back of that, hurting good people, and their families, and on long established relationships within the club. He knew he had to get the positions of the most important roles in the club fixed and grow on the back of that.

I can feel the sense of relief from the players, Sayers, us, the fans, and a feel we have come out the other end in a better place than we were not only 3 weeks ago, but also throughout the dreary year.

I don't share that feeling of ambiguity and underwhelmed like some other posters have said. I can't see why I would after that.

This is a great moment we all share here at Talking Carlton. One we will never forget, just like the day Juddy signed. Too easy to be a glass half empty and see dark skies ahead given what we have endured for 20 years. For me, its Finals next year.

Sayers President
Cook CEO
Russell High Performance
Voss Head Coach

The $50M upgrade.

Blue Skies

and once again, the biggest story during the AFL Finals series and the week of the GRAND FINAL.....CARLTON!!!!!!

Bring on Premiership #17

Lovely post Bondi.

This club means so much to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Bolton said 'get comfortable being uncomfortable'...

That was said to a bunch of kids coming into a professional sporting club for the first time.

Now it should be said to a more experienced group made up of more than a few who are comfortable doing just enough to get picked and earn a salary.

Sidenote: The grin on Vossy's face when talking about his man-crush on Ken Hunter and the Dominator.

Felt like he came back home.

Great he spent some time on the subject.

Touched us all, unless you're not a Carltonian, or a Carlton hater or not a footy head.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
Missed the live stream. Can someone pls get the video up ASAP :lol:

After readin your post, I thought you just watched it.

So apt...your post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Whateley gushing about Voss on SEN.

Boiled lollies to chocolates. Go figure.

Regards Cazzesman

That peanut isn't worth wasting time on.

I like peanuts as much as the peanut man

Whately is not a peanut, he is a huge two faced suck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

That was said to a bunch of kids coming into a professional sporting club for the first time.

Now it should be said to a more experienced group made up of more than a few who are comfortable doing just enough to get picked and earn a salary.

Sidenote: The grin on Vossy's face when talking about his man-crush on Ken Hunter and the Dominator.

Touched us all, unless you're not a Carltonian, or a Carlton hater or not a footy head.

Yep, I know it's taking our eyes of the ball for a moment, but the Hunter / Johnston reference was the @#$%&! highlight.

No need for free memberships with lines like that! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sayers said 10 candidates...so at least 10.

So in other words "9 candidates REJECT Carlton"

In addition to those we never spoke to such as Leppa and B Scott. So at least a dozen rejected us according to the media.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

I really liked the way he pointed out that one of the appealing things was the review process.

Stick that where the sun don't shine, media

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

camel wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Yep, I know it's taking our eyes of the ball for a moment, but the Hunter / Johnston reference was the @#$%&! highlight.

No need for free memberships with lines like that! :lol:

And the best thing was no cliché of green shoots, or growth from the group blah, blah. Wears his heart on his sleeve and says it like it is.

I'm excited....let's see what happens.

Geez he was tough nut as a player...hope he is successful here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Shed a tear TBH...

Sayers President
Cook CEO
Russell High Performance
Voss Head Coach

The $50M upgrade.

Blue Skies

Bring on Premiership #17

You are a legend on TC! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

:yikes: :yikes:

I'm pretty sure players are going to be far more intimidated getting the 'Glare' from Vossy, more than they ever did from Teaguey.

Imagine fronting up to explain your late night drinking during rehab to Voss, Scarlett and Ayres. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Frightening.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Wasn't my top choice but I've moved on & am excited again. All the best Vossy. Go Blues.

Same.

I am genuinely excited to see what happens with Stocker, Kemp and Dow under Voss.

Others also.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

buzzaaaah wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Same.

I am genuinely excited to see what happens with Stocker, Kemp and Dow under Voss.

Others also.

Who knows Vossy might have gone all SNAG now with the raft of leadership courses they have to take.

Might take them for a Chai latte in Lygon St rather than stare down :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

I am feeling excited about this.
I have been in touch with a few of my Carlton friends and they feel the same.
Good timing by the club, my membership renewal arrived today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 110  Next