Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
I really liked the way he pointed out that one of the appealing things was the review process.

Stick that where the sun don't shine, media

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Really important he emphasized that.

He had stats from the review, comments, gaps, changes that needed to happen whilst change happening before his eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:

I would really love to see the PC, I clicked on that link and all I got was "the PC will be posted later today..." or similar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm 
Wayne Johnston

camel wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
All the best Vossy.

Who were the final four candidates they refer to in the email? We know Voss and McCrae. Who were the other two?

Quote:
Carlton finalised a four-person shortlist for the senior coaching position this week and landed on Michael Voss. Appointed ahead of Adam Kingsley, Daniel Giansiracusa and Andrew McQualter.

https://twitter.com/RileyBev/status/1440855002503733254

So the headline is that three coaches rejected us in one day?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Def my favourite part was highlighting Hunter & Dominator as his heroes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Hunter was my favourite too.

The number 9 was on my jumper and bravery was defined by kenny hunter

So Voss is our coach , I will get behind him and the club ,and if sayers , diesel , parko and cook are happy with this choice , we need to embrace it !!

Hopefully he can aspire to have a career like his mentor Leigh matthews ... he was a great player , captain and now hopefully a premiership coach ...

First step for Voss to instil is a game plan , that will make us win 3 games in a row consistently , would be a very good start
Beat teams other than freo and GC
Oh and ofc tigers rd 1!!

Go vossy and always go blues ....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Welcome 'back' to Princes Park Vossy.
Let's get this club that you supported as a kid back to number 1.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

muzza wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Wasn't my top choice but I've moved on & am excited again. All the best Vossy. Go Blues.

Same.

I am genuinely excited to see what happens with Stocker, Kemp and Dow under Voss.

Others also.

Who knows Vossy might have gone all SNAG now with the raft of leadership courses they have to take.

Might take them for a Chai latte in Lygon St rather than stare down :lol:

Yeah, I reckon that will last about as long as it takes for the first opposition goal against us - then all the PC training and post-modern leadership courses will melt away to leave the raw competitor we saw in the late 90s early 2000s suddenly emerge. In BEAST mode!
He could do worse than make each player watch a few Hunter and Johnston highlights. And, his own highlights too for that matter!
That would set the bar on the sort of standards we want to see on the field!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

He was a great player and I can only imagine that getting sacked from a club where he was an absolute legend would have been a crushing blow. There's not many larger public humiliations than a superstar player/senior AFL coach losing their job.

But instead of sooking it up and walking away, he has gone back to hone his skills. He's moved his family interstate, swallowed his pride, taken a secondary role and put in the hard yards to start the learning process again. I like his pathway. He knows success, he knows leadership and he now knows humility and the frailty and uncertainty that we mere mortals have to contend with.
If he understands his weaknesses, surrounds himself with complementary people and most importantly, allows them to do their jobs, I think he'll be a great coach.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:
Bolton said 'get comfortable being uncomfortable'...
As Carlton supporters we're all pretty comfortable being uncomfortable. I mean we spend every week dreading what the next game will bring...
Let's hope Voss can change that!

I thought he came across well in the press conference. He seemed excited and like he has something to prove.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camel wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I just hope he's a good strategist & tactician. It's crucial

And if he's not, that he (or Cook) recognise that and neither are afraid to put measures in place to address any shortcomings, either through assistant coach support or other means.
Agree...

That's on the club.
Why we didn't put another 'Neil Craig' in place when our coaches (plural) were showing that they were struggling at strategy is beyond me...

Love what's happening at the moment, but still (and always) a wait and see. Heartened by the process.... and the committee make up (high on the bullish!t antenna)... BUT I thought the same with Judd/Postacoglou with the appointment of Bolts...
We'll see..
Fingers crossed AND GET BEHIND THE CLUB!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Fair call Billc3 but some of our assistant coaches came from highly successful environments. An assistant can be a brilliant strategic tactician but if the senior coach refuses to utilise their skills, it's wasted.
I suspect Teague had a game style in mind and he refused to amend it until it was too late. That's the crucial aspect of Voss' appointment IMHO. Understand his strengths, weaknesses and ensure a system is in place that adequately addresses both.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:31 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

azzablue wrote:
kezza wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

So Voss is our coach , I will get behind him and the club ,and if sayers , diesel , parko and cook are happy with this choice , we need to embrace it !!

Hopefully he can aspire to have a career like his mentor Leigh matthews ... he was a great player , captain and now hopefully a premiership coach ...

First step for Voss to instil is a game plan , that will make us win 3 games in a row consistently , would be a very good start

Oh and ofc tigers rd 1!!

Alleluia!! QFT. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A great appointment, after a thorough process- btw, that wasn't an earthquake yesterday.....that was the sound of the sleeping giant awakening!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

Voss is going to be on SEN at around 3.10 today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy One wrote:

:thumbsup:

The last time I remember seeing Vossy at PP was back in his playing days in Carlton vs Lions game. Kouta was unstoppable at times.

I think this game in 1998 as I think it was mid season.
https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp ... 0866823518

or this in 2000 but that is a Round 1 game
https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp ... 0f69f797e9

At one centre bounce Kouta raced under the ruckman, plucked the ball out the air with one hand, shrugged of Voss and exploded past a few others and lobbed it in the goal square where someone (Whits) took the mark and goaled. I had my bino's on Voss and he just stood in the centre square, hands on hips, shaking his head, with half a grin talking to Lappin.

If I was a lip reader I'm sure he was saying 'How the @#$% do we stop this freak.'

Good times.....

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
Navy One wrote:

:thumbsup:

The last time I remember seeing Vossy at PP was back in his playing days in Carlton vs Lions game. Kouta was unstoppable at times.

I think this game in 1998 as I think it was mid season.
https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp ... 0866823518

or this in 2000 but that is a Round 1 game
https://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp ... 0f69f797e9

At one centre bounce Kouta raced under the ruckman, plucked the ball out the air with one hand, shrugged of Voss and exploded past a few others and lobbed it in the goal square where someone (Whits) took the mark and goaled. I had my bino's on Voss and he just stood in the centre square, hands on hips, shaking his head, with half a grin talking to Lappin.

If I was a lip reader I'm sure he was saying 'How the @#$% do we stop this freak.'

Good times.....

Regards Cazzesman

I reckon he was saying...

“Nige, meet me back here in a couple of decades and we’ll take over this place. With that bloke in the middle we can’t lose!”

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What does this mean for Woosha and his zoom gig?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:

Richmond will pick up the tab.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:

It was cancelled the first week. Apparently Zoom doesn't work on Woosha's Commodore 64.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

azzablue wrote:
kezza wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Oh and ofc tigers rd 1!!

Number 7 was on mine … lol

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

On SEN now

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 110  Next