Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:
Yep i feel that Malthouse, Pagan, Clarkson etc would only come back to stick it up someone. They got success already and feel entitled. I am happy with the choice we made with Voss. Not saying its guaranteed success but its was the right way to go.

I think Buckley is another that a club would have been happy with as he did not have success. But he is a massive figjam so not sure. Battle of Britain mk2.

Watch Clarkson come to GWS and get paid an absolute bucket load by the AFL. He thinks he will have instant success. Obviously when we approached him, it was all too hard dealing with a team that has been crap for a long time.

He wouldn't be game to come to us as he would have been cleaned up at the first past players function he went to!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
He has this determination and really wants to succeed. Exactly what we need. No agendas. Happy we didnt get Clarkson. Clarkson will only come back to win a premiership. Oh ok cause its that easy.

The highlighted part sums it up. Vossy is a winner. Nobody would have hated the way his time in Brisbane ended more than him. Nobody would be more driven to make amends than him. He is the type who wouldn't be scared to take a step back as he did by going to Port as an assistant and learn as much as he could to ensure that when he gets another opportunity, he would be the best coach he could possibly be.
Unlike others who resort to a doping scheme or crack the sads, he swallowed his pride, put in the hard work as he did in his playing career and has given himself and thankfully us, the best chance of success going forward.

Cazz made great comments re Voss . That is also a ripper " Rhines ". Fantastic post that sums up Voss to a tee .

Got some brainy people on this site , a heap of them . Objective and balanced .

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mickstar wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
He has this determination and really wants to succeed. Exactly what we need. No agendas. Happy we didnt get Clarkson. Clarkson will only come back to win a premiership. Oh ok cause its that easy.

The highlighted part sums it up. Vossy is a winner. Nobody would have hated the way his time in Brisbane ended more than him. Nobody would be more driven to make amends than him. He is the type who wouldn't be scared to take a step back as he did by going to Port as an assistant and learn as much as he could to ensure that when he gets another opportunity, he would be the best coach he could possibly be.
Unlike others who resort to a doping scheme or crack the sads, he swallowed his pride, put in the hard work as he did in his playing career and has given himself and thankfully us, the best chance of success going forward.

Cazz made great comments re Voss . That is also a ripper " Rhines ". Fantastic post that sums up Voss to a tee .

ta Mick....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

ta Mick....

Hey Danny , you are the resident poet . A poet , on a footy site ? shit that is good . I aint highbrow Danny , but i get your stuff , well i think i do .

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:

Hey Mick don't forget, we've also got a fair few that are just here for the nob gags.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Teehee….

bob gags….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
Yep i feel that Malthouse, Pagan, Clarkson etc would only come back to stick it up someone. They got success already and feel entitled. I am happy with the choice we made with Voss. Not saying its guaranteed success but its was the right way to go.

:thumbsup:
Spot on.
Although I wish someone would let him know something and anything don't have a K on the end. :grin:

:clap:

Moshek would be proud Blue Vaink…

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:14 pm 
Robert Walls

Voss knew he was our 3rd choice, but is eternally gratefully to the club he barracked for as a kid to give him an opportunity to coach them

There is an internal gratitude, humility and appreciation from Voss re. his position. No ego, no hidden agenda, no poor decision making to cloud his job security

He just WANTS CARLTON TO SUCCEED...it's not about him, it's about the club he has always loved

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

tommi wrote:
Teehee….

bob gags….!

kindest regards tommi

Boz Scaggs?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

HA….

a Boz Skaggs tribute show…and in between songs…
the Boz character…”Bob Gags” tells jokes…!

it’s got dollars written all over it Sin…!

kindest regards tommi

P.S. Also…please don’t make fun of my sight…so the
b is next to the n…I’m legally blind…!

you insensitive bastard…!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Not sure about Bob Gags but Bob Downe is my third cousin and he tells gags…

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 am 
Ken Hunter

Gags used to bob a lot, drew a lot of frees that way, oh and Tommi does that mean you should take up umpiring?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:36 am 
Bruce Doull

Hey Dee Boy….

about 18 months ago i was really quite blind…
and Vision Australia were talking about
getting me a white cane…!

small problem though…i use my two arms
to hold my crutches as i walk…!

i said…”how am i going to hold a cane…tie
it to me penis”…?

it’s ok…i was speaking with a bloke…although
he still didn’t laugh…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:26 am 
Ken Hunter

if your penis is erect no need to tie it, just hook it over....

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:29 pm 
Wayne Johnston

tommi wrote:
HA….

kindest regards tommi

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to make fun of how you express your nob…..gag.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
I have been so impressed with Vossy at every media event he has attended so far as Coach. Whether it be on a TV show or pre/post game interviews he has been near on perfect.

He is calm and polite and natural. There are no histrionics or poor form when things haven't gone well. He just answers the question in a civil, sensible manner and moves on. His post match interviews have been a great selling point for the Club. He is honest and positive with the journo's and I think as a result, they like talking with him.

What's the old saying - 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.'

80,000+ members seems to suggest there are plenty like me who are loving what he brings every week.

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

:thumbsup:
100% agree with this.
He's the real deal, I'm glad he's coaching us.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
tommi wrote:
HA….

kindest regards tommi

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to make fun of how you express your nob…..gag.

:grin: ….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

tommi wrote:
HA….

kindest regards tommi

A friend of mine, also named Tom, was a huge fan of Skaggs. Was a musician, a fantastic electric guitarist. Sadly took his own life.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Gh my….

that took a turn Lace…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-18/inside-the-game-cody-and-sean-voss-and-carlton-closing-the-gaps/101075908

More Voss insights from Aunty.

Some good graphs for the statisticians to admire.

Here's a couple snippets....

Quote:
Fixing those structural defensive issues was a critical issue for Voss, but perhaps not the only one.

Overall, the signs seem positive for Carlton so far this year.

Carlton are setting up more cautiously at contests and not racing ahead prematurely.

Most prominently, the Blues seem to be defending the counter-attack more effectively.

This has included deploying the spare defenders able to assist in closing down those high-value, one-on-one opportunities.

It has taken away a little bit of the sting of their attack from turnovers but, in turn, they can stop opponents from putting up cricket scores.

Quote:
It's not just the defence that has improved so far this year.

Voss — as one of the most-damaging clearance players of his era — has an innate eye on not only how to win the hard ball but also how to make it useful.

At Port Adelaide, he helped to develop the Power group into one of the strongest in the competition, one that focused on both sides of the ball.

This strength has transferred over to the Blues' early season form.

So far this year, Carlton has had one of the most-damaging clearance set-ups of any team in the competition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 110  Next