Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Those examples you highlighted were compounded by handling errors with the wet ball before the disposal. Cripps, especially, got all out of shape cutting across the centre square. He had two gun forwards one-out inside 50, so getting it in there was ABSOLUTELY the right option.

A shit 25m kick on the left foot that didn't clear the centre square and went straight to the opposition, was never a better option than kicking to a team mate in space, on his natural foot.
That's Jimmae logic.

I’m not sure whose moniker applies to your line of thinking, but it seems as though you’re suggesting Cripps chose to shank the kick?

Scandalous…

What the @#$%&! are you on about? :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:56 am 
Harry Vallence

TheBluesMuse wrote:
So well put BV……I noticed all of that. It achieves nothing ..the supporters don’t like it the coach certainly doesn’t and you’re never going to be a successful team if you keep doing it.

It’s a long season I know….and we’ve had bad habits for so long. Voss just needs to keep a handle on himself. I’m possibly catastrophising as usual but he can’t turn into a angry frustrated coach because it will all be a huge @#$%&! waste.

Calm down.

If the players can't handle an occasional spray they should go get a real job like the rest of us.

I have no issues with it and think it was warranted after our attitude that quarter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:04 am 
Ken Hunter

Our players have been baby sat for far too long and every now or then, they will need to be reminded what is required to not be allowed to fall back into bad habits.
If the players deserve it, then I have no doubt Bossy will deliver, and so he should.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
Calm down.

If the players can't handle an occasional spray they should go get a real job like the rest of us.

I have no issues with it and think it was warranted after our attitude that quarter.

I'm feeling better about it now.

I just had visions of him coaching Brissy and my disappointment in the game on Friday night got the better of my emotions....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think the Voss we have and the Voss coaching Brisbane are two entirely different people.

From memory there was a bit of arrogance back then, which materialised with the disastrous Fev trade.

He has completely transformed himself. I am glad he is our coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:58 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

He knows now he doesn't need to be intimidating all the time. He needs to be that nurturing older head.

The intimidation will still be there automatically due to who he is.. and they'll respect it more that way.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:02 pm 
Robert Walls

His spray at 3QT time was good to see - not happy for us to be cruising. Another layer to add to the onion that is Carlton '22. So many onion layers is making me weepy at the thought of what we can achieve this year and beyond.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

Lace Out wrote:
He knows now he doesn't need to be intimidating all the time. He needs to be that nurturing older head.

The intimidation will still be there automatically due to who he is.. and they'll respect it more that way.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yep , its still there Lace . Leopards don't change there spots .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Glad he hinted he was not happy with review.
Especially when 3 go against you.

We could finally found a coach who will speak up

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am 
Rod Ashman

Always speaks well and it appears honestly. Clearly not happy with the midfield performance again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

carntheblues wrote:
Always speaks well and it appears honestly. Clearly not happy with the midfield performance again.

Yep. Thought he answered every question perfectly. Gave his thoughts without getting himself into trouble over the Newnes overturn. Played the bolton thing with a straight bat.
Gave our mids the whack they deserved without totally bagging them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am 
Bruce Doull

When I see O'Brien reach for the ball instead of body-lining it, thereby letting the Richmond player win the contest I wonder what Voss is thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
When I see O'Brien reach for the ball instead of body-lining it, thereby letting the Richmond player win the contest I wonder what Voss is thinking.

I can't wait to replace LOB one day.

I appreciate he's the best we've got at the moment.

In Finals, that sort of gutless effort is usually associated with the losing team....I think that's what Voss thinks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:56 am 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

Yep. Thought he answered every question perfectly. Gave his thoughts without getting himself into trouble over the Newnes overturn. Played the bolton thing with a straight bat.
Gave our mids the whack they deserved without totally bagging them.

Exactly . Still a very menacing individual . Reckon its great having Journo's scared of our coach . Journo's continually overreach but not with Voss . You can see they are wary .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:16 am 
Bob Chitty

I am impressed more every week by our coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:08 pm 
Serge Silvagni

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

So am I.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

So am I.

And i reckon your highly esteemed late Grandfather would be too B J .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

How is the Herald Sun reporting today that the AFL disagree with Voss' suggestion the ball wasn't touched.

Voss didnt say that.

Voss was asked a what he thought from the replay on the big screen, and Voss honestly replied it didnt look like it was touched, which everyone in footy world who had to judge that from the VHS quality footage presented, agrees with. Dunstall mentioned the same after the game.

And what about the pathetic AFL's response: We back the Goal Review because of the hi res view he has. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What sort of response is that? They are truly nuff nuffs in suits in the AFL. They didnt even have a look for themselves before commenting, and just "backed" the decision because of the he has hi res view in his box. That implies they didn't even have a look to check themselves.

Coaches are better off saying nothing, if all that is going to happen is misquoting and misrepresentation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

If they had a high res view, we would've seen it by now. It's just garbage

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Michael Voss,
Sir, you are a legend.
:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 110  Next