Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 112  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:15 am 
Harry Vallence

DocSherrin III wrote:
Sacking a coach achieves nothing. It won't happen.

Are you convinced he can coach?

He’s in his 7th year as a senior coach, and up until now, there aren’t many signs that he can…

If his name wasn’t Michael Voss I doubt he would have even secured his current role.

Between being sacked at the Lions and now, he never even got remotely close to another senior gig.

The runner up to Voss was Adam Kingsley, and he was never seriously in the hunt because some at Carlton were infatuated with Voss (once Lyon was out of the picture) because we wanted the big name!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:53 am 
Geoff Southby

the big concern with voss is; he's been here before. he ran the lions into the ground regressing them each year. the lions let him go for 5 years before they sacked him.

voss is a great speaker, an intelligent guy. but he's not a head coach. he should go into footy admin if he wants to stay around the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:53 am 
Craig Bradley

Yes... Sakc Voss and appoint the next guy on a 1.5 year contract... just in case

I'm not sure if Voss can coach or not... that's a decision only the inner sanctum can make

All I know is that 2023 is a bust... it was a few weeks back imo
Whatever we're doing clearly isn't working so lets try something new... tactics, players, positions for the rest of the season
Treat it as a development year and review the @#$%&! out of everything post season... @#$%&! it, start the reviews now

Nothing will annoy the supporters more than losing the same way every week...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:56 am 
Geoff Southby

ultimately the club needs to come to terms with the fact they're a business first organisation (& footy second) and have been ever since the turn of the century.

88,000 members this season. keep voss - and you won't even get half that number next season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:57 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Laying in bed, I turn the telly on, go to YouTube, find the Voss press conference, and hit play. TV made a loud pop and died.

Talk about omens.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

ColourMan wrote:

I think he can. Was anyone convinced in 2016 that Damian Hardwick could coach? Does Voss have the cattle? Clearly not. You need your A graders playing at the top of their game and the rest knowing their role.

Cripps is 10 years into his career and looks done.
Walsh had no preseason and is having minimal impact.
Harry has the yips but isn't an intelligent footballer.
Weitering a shadow of his former self
Curnow has been good, but the delivery to him is awful.

I'm more convinced, given our supbar midfield performance and horrid forward work that the line coaches can't coach. I expect significant change to the football department in 2024, but I expect the senior coach to see our his contract.

Carlton is not an innovative club. Yes, it's a copycat industry, but Carlton tries to copy and then implement shortcuts. Their hires based on reputation haven't worked. Andrew Russell has been a spectacular failure. Brad Lloyd is out of his depth. Is Ashley Hansen only there because someone liked his dad's dulcet radio voice? Who thought Aaron Hamill could coach? Tim Clark must like it there, it's his second stint...why? We're now at the stage where it's going to be difficult to attract assistant coaches to the club. But clearly the footy department as a whole isn't working.

I'm confident a proper review will see significant change. But it's Carlton, so who knows. I don't really have a vested interest.... just my two cents, and I haven't given the club a cent in years and likely won't for many more.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:
ColourMan wrote:

I think he can. Was anyone convinced in 2016 that Damian Hardwick could coach? Does Voss have the cattle? Clearly not. You need your A graders playing at the top of their game and the rest knowing their role.

I'm more convinced, given our supbar midfield performance and horrid forward work that the line coaches can't coach. I expect significant change to the football department in 2024, but I expect the senior coach to see our his contract.

Carlton is not an innovative club. Yes, it's a copycat industry, but Carlton tries to copy and then implement shortcuts. Their hires based on reputation haven't worked. Andrew Russell has been a spectacular failure. Brad Lloyd is out of his depth. Is Ashley Hansen only there because someone liked his dad's dulcet radio voice? Who thought Aaron Hamill could coach? Tim Clark must like it there, it's his second stint...why? We're now at the stage where it's going to be difficult to attract assistant coaches to the club. But clearly the footy department as a whole isn't working.

I'm confident a proper review will see significant change. But it's Carlton, so who knows. I don't really have a vested interest.... just my two cents, and I haven't given the club a cent in years and likely won't for many more.

Sensible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:38 am 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
ColourMan wrote:

voss certainly acts calm in his pressers like he knows he's not going anywhere. he's defs not serving up that bewildered, dead man walking look that bolton so brilliantly displayed in the final months.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:40 am 
Rod Ashman

Do any of the assistants have a worse resume than Voss?

We took a guy nobody, including Carlton, wanted and now people wonder why we are where we are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

DocSherrin III wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
This is a true test for Cook. Is he made of stern stuff or just a pretender like so many people in high positions?

Another review awaits. I think it'll fall Voss's way. Assistants gone, new fitness people, new head of football. Cook has lived this before.

This may well happen Doc. Sadly in my view it’s already too late. Wasted too many years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:27 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
ColourMan wrote:

Carlton is not an innovative club. Yes, it's a copycat industry, but Carlton tries to copy and then implement shortcuts. Their hires based on reputation haven't worked. Andrew Russell has been a spectacular failure. Brad Lloyd is out of his depth.

Nailed it Doc.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:12 pm 
Bob Chitty

If you line up the 18 current senior coaches and each club gets to pick one draft style for next year, where does he go? 16th? 17th? 18th? It’s clear he’s not even close to the upper echelon of senior coaches and he’s not in the mid tier if we’re honest. His assistants don’t help him either but that’s a whole seperate Brad Lloyd issue.

The worst thing about it is that I’m not convinced changing our senior coach will help us beyond a new coach bump for half a season or so. So many issues at this club it’s hard to know where to look.

I’d start with outing Brad Lloyd who has assembled and overseen a failing football department for 5 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
ColourMan wrote:

voss certainly acts calm in his pressers like he knows he's not going anywhere. he's defs not serving up that bewildered, dead man walking look that bolton so brilliantly displayed in the final months.

That's about the only thing he is doing right

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

DocSherrin III wrote:
ColourMan wrote:

My thoughts too
People like Sayers and Mathieson are dinasours from the past
Craig goes after both having a spat in the changerooms after another embarrassing loss.
It’s utterly embarrassing full stop
I would love someone with some semblance of human intelligence to take over and move us in another direction
But it’s Carlton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m not sure whether he can coach or not last year yes this year no but he has to see out his contract surely
As Hornet said now treat it as a development year change things round

Let’s see TDK as a backman for example let’s see Binns
I want to see Carroll when he is fit

Get games into Boyd Kemp and Cincotta

Forget Marchbank Cunningham and Martin

Work out who we keep out of Dow Obrien Fogarty

Players who are injured go in early for surgery
Start with a new game plan work on skills and competitiveness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Is the reason to keep him because people believe in his ability or that you do t want to change coach?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

Let’s get Teague, Bolton and Ratten as assistants.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

The only thing I am gripping on to - & this is very tenuous - is Clarkson had the Hawks playing boring AF low scoring footy for a couple of years early.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

I dont want to change coach again but the jury is out whether he can coach or not

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:21 pm 
Robert Walls

frank dardew wrote:
I dont want to change coach again but the jury is out whether he can coach or not

The football world are waiting for us to sack Voss

I'd say some players are as well

I'm not denying the gameplan/selection integrity/confusion/scared angle but do I believe players are busting a gut out there? No way!!!!!

Voss must not be sacked for the long term greater good of the CFC

We have to show the football world and current and future players that we don't exonerate players and sack coaches when it all gets too hard for those precious cherubs

Nothing I detest more than when players arenn't playing for a coach and the new coach comes in saying, "It's a clean slate for you all"...that's bulldust!!!

I know this is the utopian objective but if you are not going to give 100% to the team, each and every week, REGARDLESS of the coach or whether you like his gameplan or instructions, then you can f$%^^ off

This is Ground Zero of Culture...

It's not up to the players to facilitate the demise of a coach. That's the board's job

For that reason, I want Voss to see out the year, identify those who aren't prepared to go to war UNCONDITIONALLY for the team, the monogram, the history, the supporters AND F$%*^& THEM OFF. They don't deserve us

We need to let players know that their heads are on the chopping block first and foremost, before that of the coach. They are well paid and are afforded a lifestyle 99.9% of us envy

Stop playing like a bunch of entitled, fragile, mentally weak, machiavellian, impertinent sooks!!!!!

PS. I'm not convinced Voss can coach but I am convinced he is more invested in wanting success than 3/4 of our list. I'm also convinced Voss knows exactly who the aforementioned sooks are!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 112  Next