Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Bluey44 wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Already looking forward to the calls to "Sakc Voss" after our first loss next season.

Based on previous form, I thought it only fitting the topic is already open for discussion and surprised no one started a thread.

I think Heavs tried to.
But he's too controversial for the conservative vibe here :lol:

I think people have finally just pegged me as the shitposter I am.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
I'm excited by Voss. I believe he will bring the hardness and standards we need.

One thing I would like to see is Charlie Curnow play like Stringer DeGoey or Petracca. Go into the middle at times and be that dynamic player that can turn a game. Almost like Kouta. He is 192cm and has a great running capability. He can still go forward but with Mckay DeKoning JSOS McDonald or McGovern up forward he can play a slightly different role

Anyway just my thoughts. I enjoy reading the comments on here. Go Blues
Yep...
Swap Cripps and Charlie during games...... Like we could have swapped Kennedy and Cripps on occasion this year.....but didn't.... maybe that too was a COVID-19 thing.... (just for the Teague discussion above)

Go Blues

Cripps is not a forward. How much evidence do we need?!

We'd get more value playing him in the ruck!
I get that Camel... But he can still play a role... Take an underside defender to the openside... Doesn't allow double teaming of McKay or other forwards...
Cripps is a good enough contested mark for this...
They're just strategies we never seemed to try...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 am 
Wayne Johnston

billc3 wrote:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
I'm excited by Voss. I believe he will bring the hardness and standards we need.

One thing I would like to see is Charlie Curnow play like Stringer DeGoey or Petracca. Go into the middle at times and be that dynamic player that can turn a game. Almost like Kouta. He is 192cm and has a great running capability. He can still go forward but with Mckay DeKoning JSOS McDonald or McGovern up forward he can play a slightly different role

Yep...
Swap Cripps and Charlie during games...... Like we could have swapped Kennedy and Cripps on occasion this year.....but didn't.... maybe that too was a COVID-19 thing.... (just for the Teague discussion above)

Go Blues

I get that Camel... But he can still play a role... Take an underside defender to the openside... Doesn't allow double teaming of McKay or other forwards...

Go Blues

As an opposition coach I’d be happy to let Cripps run around the forward line wherever he wanted as long as I stopped Mackay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:27 am 
Bruce Doull

billc3 wrote:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yep...

Go Blues

Go Blues

Yeah, the theory is sound, no problems there and maybe with a new coaching regime we might be able to make something work.

On current evidence, though, Cripps as a forward option, even as a decoy, has been fruitless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yep...

Go Blues

Go Blues

Yeah, the theory is sound, no problems there and maybe with a new coaching regime we might be able to make something work.

On current evidence, though, Cripps as a forward option, even as a decoy, has been fruitless.

That's still the past evidence of a past coaches Game Plan Cripps had to work with.

If crippa gets stronger over summer... like he was in 2019.... and half as good as he was in the AFLX comp...he will be dangerous as a forward imo.

I hope his role forward is a cameo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
Dear Liam,

It is an honour to write to you for the first time as the AFL Senior Coach of your football club.

Firstly, thank you for welcoming me to the Carlton family. I have been overwhelmed by the messages of support and it only confirms what I already knew – this club is built off such incredible passion and I can’t wait to share that together as we take Carlton forward.

As you would have seen earlier today, we were able to deliver some great news in finalising our assistant coaching panel for the 2022 AFL season.

To be able to attract the highly respected and accomplished Ashley Hansen to IKON Park as our Senior Assistant – forward line and offensive coach, is a fantastic result for our football club.

For the last seven years Ashley has forged a very successful coaching career at the Western Bulldogs, initially as a development coach before taking charge of Footscray in the VFL, where he took them to a Premiership before being promoted to the senior coaching staff.

Ashley will take charge of our forward line, a role he has filled with great success for the last four years at the Bulldogs.

Ashley joins Aaron Hamill and Tim Clarke who we’ve recently announced as additions to our coaching group alongside myself, our Head of Development Luke Power and development coach Daniel O’Keefe.

I could not be more excited to get to work with this group of coaches to set our players up for a pre-season that will focus on three things; hard work, high standards and building connection with not only each other but the entire club, including you, our members.

You won’t see us getting caught up in expectations, what has happened in the past or what may happen in the future – our focus is, and will, remain on the now.

To put it simply, we’ll be getting to work.

We’ll challenge each other as we build something special together, based off our actions and an uncompromising appetite to compete.

I want to let you know that the responsibility of representing your football club is not lost on us.

We want to represent the Carlton Football Club the right way and make you as proud to wear the Navy Blue as we will be.

Stay safe, stay well and hopefully I get the chance to meet many of you throughout the pre-season.

Go Blues,

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach
Member ID: 4913798

Thanks Vossy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

camel wrote:
Quote:
Dear Liam,

It is an honour to write to you for the first time as the AFL Senior Coach of your football club.

Firstly, thank you for welcoming me to the Carlton family. I have been overwhelmed by the messages of support and it only confirms what I already knew – this club is built off such incredible passion and I can’t wait to share that together as we take Carlton forward.

As you would have seen earlier today, we were able to deliver some great news in finalising our assistant coaching panel for the 2022 AFL season.

To be able to attract the highly respected and accomplished Ashley Hansen to IKON Park as our Senior Assistant – forward line and offensive coach, is a fantastic result for our football club.

For the last seven years Ashley has forged a very successful coaching career at the Western Bulldogs, initially as a development coach before taking charge of Footscray in the VFL, where he took them to a Premiership before being promoted to the senior coaching staff.

Ashley will take charge of our forward line, a role he has filled with great success for the last four years at the Bulldogs.

Ashley joins Aaron Hamill and Tim Clarke who we’ve recently announced as additions to our coaching group alongside myself, our Head of Development Luke Power and development coach Daniel O’Keefe.

I could not be more excited to get to work with this group of coaches to set our players up for a pre-season that will focus on three things; hard work, high standards and building connection with not only each other but the entire club, including you, our members.

You won’t see us getting caught up in expectations, what has happened in the past or what may happen in the future – our focus is, and will, remain on the now.

We’ll challenge each other as we build something special together, based off our actions and an uncompromising appetite to compete.

I want to let you know that the responsibility of representing your football club is not lost on us.

We want to represent the Carlton Football Club the right way and make you as proud to wear the Navy Blue as we will be.

Stay safe, stay well and hopefully I get the chance to meet many of you throughout the pre-season.

Go Blues,

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach

Thanks Vossy.

Sorry but it sounds as if it was written by the publicity department.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

what'd you expect ,

Hey Liam how the @#$%&! are ya? We've chatted with Ash, he's given the dogs the flick and come to where the shit don't stink. Add him to Aaron and Tim and fair dinkum we're in for a rip rorter 2022! Thanks for ya support, I get as soon as we lose a few you (and others) will let loose with a barrage of "@#$%&! him off" posts.

Cheers Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
camel wrote:
Quote:
Dear Liam,

Go Blues,

Michael Voss
AFL Senior Coach

Thanks Vossy.

I think it is fine. Neither here nor there. Has to be done. Nice to hear him reiterate the focus on competing, on hard work etc...
I did think this line was the wrong way around... "We want to represent the Carlton Football Club the right way and make you as proud to wear the Navy Blue as we will be.
".
I think it might be a good start if he could get the players to be as proud to wear the Navy Blue as we are... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Um…..um…….um……..um………um…..

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

dannyboy wrote:
what'd you expect ,

Hey Liam how the @#$%&! are ya? We've chatted with Ash, he's given the dogs the flick and come to where the shit don't stink. Add him to Aaron and Tim and fair dinkum we're in for a rip rorter 2022! Thanks for ya support, I get as soon as we lose a few you (and others) will let loose with a barrage of "@#$%&! him off" posts.

Cheers Michael.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Teddy Hopkins wrote:

Vossy is already a winner, he has proven demonstrated experience of delegation. No micro-managing here!

But if we see him doing live tweets on gameday, then… SAKC!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
what'd you expect ,

Cheers Michael.

:lol: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

camel wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:

Vossy is already a winner, he has proven demonstrated experience of delegation. No micro-managing here!

But if we see him doing live tweets on gameday, then… SAKC!!!

He'll delegate those tweets to Carlton Media as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sounds a bit Port Adelaidish, which sounds good to me. From memory Hinkley early on was quite bullish that they would never give up or something to that effect. While you can't guarantee that in practice I am not expecting the playing group to trot out lame lines like, we just thought it would happen for us this week

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
billc3 wrote:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yep...

Go Blues

Go Blues

As an opposition coach I’d be happy to let Cripps run around the forward line wherever he wanted as long as I stopped Mackay.
True... So you have to make running around free, count! :wink:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
camel wrote:
billc3 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Yep...

Go Blues

Go Blues

... and true True!! :wink:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
what'd you expect ,

Cheers Michael.

:lol: :lol:

Its good, isnt it :grin: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

I thought he spoke really well tonight during the Best and Fairest.
He was pretty impressive.
I really hope we have got it right this time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:32 pm 
Bob Chitty

kezza wrote:
I thought he spoke really well tonight during the Best and Fairest.
He was pretty impressive.
I really hope we have got it right this time.

Agree , quite inspirational TBH, not easy to do via Zoom interview.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Has he shaved his head?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 110  Next