Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:44 am 
Rod Ashman

There's a place called Voss in Norway. :thumbsup:
Not that anyone asked.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

He turned 47 yesterday.

I remember going to watch Voss at the Bears when I was living on the Gold Coast. I was more than 10 years older than Vossy at the time.
Back then I thought/ hoped, actually thought Walls would not stand in Voss's way if he chose to go to his childhood team, the Baggers.

I expected it to happen, and it did but as a Coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:51 pm 
John James

missnaut wrote:
And then you compare it to David Teague's pressers - woweeeee

and then imagine we went hard after Ross Lyon… we dodged a bullet there. would have made mick malthouse look like a superhuman coach for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Jones and Williamson…

I’m not necessarily putting it on Vossy, but one has to wonder if there was a bit of “well, @#$%&! off then” in the mediation sessions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

I’m not necessarily putting it on Vossy, but one has to wonder if there was a bit of “well, @#$%&! off then” in the mediation sessions.

The thought of that being the case just makes me proud.

Destination club for everyone else, including boy studded stuff. Bloody hell even Gerard Whateley says it’s his best ticket in town

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

The thought of that being the case just makes me proud.

Destination club for everyone else, including boy studded stuff. Bloody hell even Gerard Whateley says it’s his best ticket in town

Whateley can @#$%&! off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:58 am 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

Who knows?

In regards to Jones - he obviously has his beliefs and has made his stance in regards to being vaccinated. Im not going to sledge him for that - each to their own and really our backline has overall been performing very well given our injuries etc etc..

Williamson....

Not sure, however Im leaning on the side of respecting the reports he is (or was) having personal mental issues etc. None of us know what actually happened when he and/or the club decided to part ways. It is what it is but really, we are just guessing what may have transpired here...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:46 am 
Wayne Johnston

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

Who knows?

In regards to Jones - he obviously has his beliefs and has made his stance in regards to being vaccinated. Im not going to sledge him for that - each to their own and really our backline has overall been performing very well given our injuries etc etc..

Williamson....

Not sure, however Im leaning on the side of respecting the reports he is (or was) having personal mental issues etc. None of us know what actually happened when he and/or the club decided to part ways. It is what it is but really, we are just guessing what may have transpired here...

Re Williamson that makes it even more perplexing that he’d play for North Melbourne VFL tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:51 am 
Geoff Southby

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

Who knows?

Williamson....

You need to go back to our VFL match v. Frankston at Frankston . We were in total command of that game at three quarter time . Frankston got a run on in the last and we turned into a total rabble with shocking undisciplain with Williamson being leader of the pack . He gave away a couple of fifties that cost us the match . By all reports he copped an almighty spray in the rooms post final siren . He cracked it apparently . Mate , if you can't cop a spray when warranted then i dunno what . Good luck at North BUT........ya gotta wonder .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 am 
Wayne Johnston

Mickstar wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

Who knows?

Williamson....

You need to go back to our VFL match v. Frankston at Frankston . We were in total command of that game at three quarter time . Frankston got a run on in the last and we turned into a total rabble with shocking undisciplain with Williamson being leader of the pack . He gave away a couple of fifties that cost us the match . By all reports he copped an almighty spray in the rooms post final siren . He cracked it apparently . Mate , if you can't cop a spray when warranted then i dunno what . Good luck at North BUT........ya gotta wonder .

Yes I watched that and he totally disintegrated mentally in that last quarter.

Anyway, we don’t really know what his situation is or was. Hopefully he’s in a better place now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Playing for North Melbourne would give me mental issues…

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:27 am 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:
Playing for North Melbourne would give me mental issues…
I was literally gonna say is Norf a good choice for that reason!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:44 am 
Craig Bradley

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Jones and Williamson…

Who knows?

Williamson....

Their reasons for leaving are by the by. I’m just finding it unusual, Williamson in particular, that we’re playing this out mid season.

I mean, I think I like it… living in the moment, it feels like we’re heading into the third act - the inner turmoil has been conquered and we’re in the training montage before the big final battle… except we’re about a month too early to sustain a five week finals run.

Mostly though, I just can’t escape the feeling that we’re overdoing the good citizenship because we’ve torched the usual bridges that would facilitate a return in the exchange period.

I just don’t like being at the mercy of those pigs at HQ.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Michael now I want you to listen and listen well.
What ever message you were trying to deliver by dropping Jack. Don't bother.
There is a grave yard of ex Carlton coaches who stood up and tried to deliver a strong message.
The players are new age metrosexuals they melt like butter if you try deliver it to them.
Remember Pagan , Malthouse strong .
Remember Ratten he left Fisher out and that was his demise.
I know that at times you think they are all grown men but they can't handle it.
Remember early in the year you gave them a spray they might have won but they were goalless that quarter.
Now go apologise to the players and you might win them back over but carry on the way you are these little princesses will bury you in the grave yard of Carlton coaches

Gently Michael they really can't handle it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
There is a grave yard of ex Carlton coaches who stood up and tried to deliver a strong message.
The players are new age metrosexuals they melt like butter if you try deliver it to them.
Remember early in the year you gave them a spray they might have won but they were goalless that quarter.
Now go apologise to the players and you might win them back over but carry on the way you are these little princesses will bury you in the grave yard of Carlton coaches

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

Voss needs to stay strong here. He is right to focus on the contests. Hard to judge any system of play if we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball.
He should also focus on making sure we have a good running team that can compete of 120 mins. Forget the two rucks until pre season.
I would be happier with 3 tight losses against the leagues best where we match them statistically in all key areas (except score) than two floggings and 1 win out of our backside.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

club29 wrote:
Voss needs to stay strong here. He is right to focus on the contests. Hard to judge any system of play if we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball.
He should also focus on making sure we have a good running team that can compete of 120 mins. Forget the two rucks until pre season.
I would be happier with 3 tight losses against the leagues best where we match them statistically in all key areas (except score) than two floggings and 1 win out of our backside.

Welcome back Club.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:

A bit rich and mafioso like SB. :lol:

How do you know Vossy didnt do the right thing by dropping Jack?
I thought he did make the right decision. Many thought he looked like he needed a rest.

A lot of Carltonians Ive spoken with, agree with Voss' decision too.

The playing group are not here to get Silvagni to 100 games, let alone lick him to game.
The Review last year made it clear the players are hungry for success.
Voss must leave no stone unturned. This is the transition year and the season of reckoning.

I like Jack as a Medi sub, and I feel he is Mr Fix it, but he's not a marking weapon in the forwardline like TDK imo.
I like Jack as an inside mid, but Ive been dreaming about that since he tagged Fyfe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:

I agree with this post except blaming the loss to 2 ruckmen. We didnt lose on the ground because of the 2 rucks.

We lost it on the ground, in the contest ..."we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball".

If Harry and Young held onto their marks at either end, and Harry kicked straight ....that would help too. Crows ran the ball and broke our lines because no one was putting heat on their running players imo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 pm 
Garry Crane

contest , 2 rucks , injuries , adl oval hoodoo, voss needs to change game plan and nick Austin need to find runners . " Adelaide ran the ball out " . game over

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110  Next