Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Enjoyed the tactic of letting two of the best field kicks in the comp have regular clean and clear access to the footy to drill lace out passes inside the forward 50

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Master stroke to have your 2nd best inside mid play HB all night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

deano35 wrote:
Master stroke to have your 2nd best inside mid play HB all night.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:59 am 
Bruce Doull

Maybe he's trying to mould our midfield too much on himself.

Super strong & powerful, got the hard ball, great hands. But he wasn't quick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:05 am 
Rod Ashman

I’ve seen nothing in the first 5 rounds to suggest that we’re better prepared than we were last year.

When was the last time we out coached the opposition, or even made a change mid game that had some impact?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Doesn't have a unique and special game plan at all. And thats what separates the good teams from the bad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Jake Nial on the money again.

Blues are slow and injury prone and over reliant on Harry and Charlie.

IMO Voss not helping with a slow game style and playing plodding midfield favourites creating an unbalanced 22.

Some will say we have slow players so should have a slow game plan but that's pure baloney. Look at 95 just because you have a slow side doesn't mean you have to move the ball slowly. Geel last year lacked pace but moved the ball efficiently. Voss' lack of tactical nous any semblance of crafting an innovative and quick game style is not helping..we have gone backwards since last year. Our ball movement has been slow and uninventive and our delivery to our forwards laughable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Diesel was slow by foot but not a slow players. He moved the ball on quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:34 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Maybe he's trying to mould our midfield too much on himself.

Super strong & powerful, got the hard ball, great hands. But he wasn't quick

I think this is it

Trying to replicate the Lions side

A side that was based off contested strength

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:46 am 
Geoff Southby

DesEnglish wrote:
I’ve seen nothing in the first 5 rounds to suggest that we’re better prepared than we were last year.

When was the last time we out coached the opposition, or even made a change mid game that had some impact?
Thats a fair point. Seem to go with the same plan regardless of opposition, available personnel or how much time is left in a game.

Sometimes you need an Ang Christou or simon beaumont kicking a bag

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:

To be fair, we hadn't lost a game for 7 months before Thursday night.
You tend not to tinker too much when you're winning. As for in-game changes, Charlie went behind the ball late against Geelong. Docherty into the midfield rotation late in games. Hollands and Carroll into the midfield against North.
Injuries have limited our ability to change it up as we're consistently plugging holes. Although I was critical Cripps spent too much time in the middle on Thursday when it obviously wasn't working.

But I agree we could be more inventive in our pre-game planning. I saw Voss interviewed before Thursday's game. He was asked if he had a strategy for Keays going to Saad. His reply was along the lines of everyone needs to beat their opponent.
I don't agree with that philosophy. That's giving Adelaide what they want. I'd tell Saad to go to another Adelaide forward and create a 1 on 2. That will release a defender to play loose. Force the Crows coaches to make a decision. Be proactive.

I disagreed with Cerra and Kennedy playing half back. Cincotta deserved a game and he is better versed with our defensive structures. I'd give Durdin and Motlop small stints in the centre square. Get some fast feet and unpredictability in there. So I'm probably more disappointed with our lack of creativity and list faith being shown at selection/MC.

But it's early days. Hopefully we're back on the winners list this week and we see a bit more creativity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

Thats it, back your player initially but have a plan b if things aren't go so well...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

Have a listen to Dimma's presser after the tigers loss and that's why he is a 3x Premiership Coach.
Ruthless and put it on the players regarding their effort and undisciplined acts and how that is unacceptable.

Compare that to Vossy who is happy that we matched the crows for 2 quarters.
Unbelievable.
It's time Voss started coaching like he played.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:
Have a listen to Dimma's presser after the tigers loss and that's why he is a 3x Premiership Coach.
Ruthless and put it on the players regarding their effort and undisciplined acts and how that is unacceptable.

Unbelievable.

Absolutely spot on.

Having said that our assistants need to step up. I think we're lacking there more than anywhere. Seems to be a sameness amongst them and whilst it's good to be on the same page, need a variety of strengths and not sure we get that from our assistants.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Coaches that are meanies at press conferences are not welcome at Carlton...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think we are about to find out what Voss is like in the next week or 2. He has some very tough decisions to make, so will be interesting to see if he can make them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Recent stats show some teams are getting huge wins from deploying small forwards at centre bounces. Importance of centre take aways is more pronounced these days due to rule changes. Maybe Voss should consider throwing Durds in there more often. Our clearance strength last year is not a strength this year and we are deemed too one paced on there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:

Unbelievable.

I agree.

I know players have changed these days and the big stick doesn't work but I have a bad feeling Carlton are not as good as many and the coach think and we could be outside the 8 soon. I'm not sure Voss is being ruthless enough, at least not publicly.

And I don't accept injuries as an excuse. There's a few teams with lots of injuries who are doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:07 am 
Geoff Southby

I think that is what he has been trying with Fisher but to no avail.
Until we get Owies or Martin back our forward line still needs both Durdin and Motts.
Because the alternative smalls, Fish and Honey so far haven't really produced much up forward to make that change viable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:11 am 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
deano35 wrote:

Unbelievable.

I agree.

I know players have changed these days and the big stick doesn't work but I have a bad feeling Carlton are not as good as many and the coach think and we could be outside the 8 soon. I'm not sure Voss is being ruthless enough, at least not publicly.

And I don't accept injuries as an excuse. There's a few teams with lots of injuries who are doing well.

E.G.?? And before you just count numbers, how many of them are starting players.

Adelaide has 1 injury, 1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 110  Next