Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
Average coach IMO.
We move the ball so slowly.
He hasn't implemented an unique game style whatsoever.
McRea on the other hand has a side that regularly loses clearances and hard ball gets in the top 4.
In the last 3 games we have a total of 2 goals in first quarters.
We picked the wrong coach.

I think the problem is no one else wanted the job.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mcrae has a much more experienced side.
They play the rebuild card but look at their list in terms of age and game experience.

I agree Voss needs his match day coaching in particular to improve.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:

Who should we have chosen?

I understand people are pissed and frustrated but we won more games than we lost and we kicked more goals than we conceded after being rubbish for 20+ years.
We lost our round 22 game to miss the finals by 1 point. With 60% of our midfield sitting in the stands and half the team banged up.
Anyone who doesn't think Michael Voss has done a remarkable job making this club relevant again is taking the piss.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

I agree with BV good post
Having said all that we need to get fitness and injury management right can’t have so
Many senior players for multiple games haven’t got this right for years and cost us big time

Team still mentally fragile and need to take opportunities
Need to win interstate

Voss needs to cure those matters apart from the injury management etc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.afl.com.au/video/828631/ful ... MATCH:3998

Nailed where we are at exactly.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I understand people are pissed and frustrated but we won more games than we lost and we kicked more goals than we conceded after being rubbish for 20+ years.
We lost our round 22 game to miss the finals by 1 point. With 60% of our midfield sitting in the stands and half the team banged up.
Anyone who doesn't think Michael Voss has done a remarkable job making this club relevant again is taking the piss.

30 seconds of composure last week and 2 minutes this week and/or Charlie kicks another and Carlton is in the finals.

Voss will be fine.

Paddy don't give us problems, give us solutions. If Voss is wrong who was right? Put your detailed thoughts where your belief is.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Results against top 8

Cats - L
Demons - L (4pts)
Swans - W
Pies - L (4pts) - L (1pt)
Freo - L - W
BL - L
Tigers - W - L
WB - W

It is the losses against the Crows, Gold Coast and Saints that hurt the most.

We are not far off.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Cazzesman wrote:
Results against top 8

Cats - L
Demons - L (4pts)
Swans - W
Pies - L (4pts) - L (1pt)
Freo - L - W
BL - L
Tigers - W - L
WB - W

It is the losses against the Crows, Gold Coast and Saints that hurt the most.

We are not far off.

Regards Cazzesman
We did as expected of our ladder position against top 8.

That St Kilda game [REDACTED] us.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/828631/full-post-match-r23-blues?videoId=828631&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1661072697001&references=AFL_MATCH:3998

Regards Cazzesman

Loved every second of that. He's exceeded my expectations. I concur with Cazzesman. This group isn't far away. Happy with the direction we're going in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cazzesman wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/828631/full-post-match-r23-blues?videoId=828631&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1661072697001&references=AFL_MATCH:3998

Regards Cazzesman

"our goal was to play finals"... speaks well and I love his honesty

But I do get annoyed when I read supporter comments like 'if we were offered 9th before the season I would've taken it'... @#$%&! that... we past those expectations by round 10

This season we made some big strides but ultimately failed our main kpi... take this hurt and use it as motivation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Said all the right things, but any fan that has ‘belief’ at this point rather than ‘hope’ is doing better than me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hornet wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

"our goal was to play finals"... speaks well and I love his honesty

But I do get annoyed when I read supporter comments like 'if we were offered 9th before the season I would've taken it'... @#$%&! that... we past those expectations by round 10

This season we made some big strides but ultimately failed our main kpi... take this hurt and use it as motivation

Watch the press conference.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Always make sure I listen to Vossy after a game win or lose.
He has an exemplorary way of understading the game his team have played.
Summed up our season in one interview, so close after one of the most hurtful losses.
People who speak negative of him, are saying more about themselves rather than him and his team.
Identify where we are at and the improvements we need to make, but realise we are all on this journey together.

Having said that I hope Collingwood get knocked out in straight sets!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Despite the disappointment , i reckon that sums it up " Vain "........................really believe in Voss myself . The bloke aint going through the motions , he is a man on a mission . After the loss against when he charged onto the ground to walk off with his players said everything about the bloke for mine . A picture is worth a thousand words .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Despite the disappointment , i reckon that sums it up " Vain "........................really believe in Voss myself . The bloke aint going through the motions , he is a man on a mission . After the loss against when he charged onto the ground to walk off with his players said everything about the bloke for mine . A picture is worth a thousand words .

That is the loss against the Demons when he charged onto the ground . Sorry folks , my typing skills aint so good .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:15 am 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah , theres a man in charge of a room .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:58 am 
Bob Chitty

Paddycripps wrote:
Average coach IMO.

Will you be brave enough to admit you made wrong call there? Did you listen to that press conference? Come on, be a man, stand up. Admit you have zero clue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Average coach IMO.
We move the ball so slowly.
He hasn't implemented an unique game style whatsoever.
McRea on the other hand has a side that regularly loses clearances and hard ball gets in the top 4.
In the last 3 games we have a total of 2 goals in first quarters.

I am willing to give him another year.

I think it takes a while to get rid of bad habits.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 am 
Bob Chitty

Think he’s done a pretty good job this year all in all.
Was dealt a bad hand with the injuries we continually suffered across the season.
Was let down in key moments by his players. I don’t apportion much, if any, blame to the coaches box for the last few minutes vs Melbourne and some of our decision making late vs Collingwood. The coaches can’t kick the ball or make rational decisions on behalf of the players.
The key thing for Voss is whether he can turn the mentality of this playing group around. Took some baby steps early in the year but ultimately the team reverted back to old habits late.
Next year becomes a big year for him and the coaches.
The concern I have is that he and the other coaches may be doing almost everything right to instil belief and mental resolve into this playing group but it might not be enough to get through to our playing group that know nothing but losing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 110  Next