Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
club29 wrote:
Voss needs to stay strong here. He is right to focus on the contests. Hard to judge any system of play if we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball.
He should also focus on making sure we have a good running team that can compete of 120 mins. Forget the two rucks until pre season.
I would be happier with 3 tight losses against the leagues best where we match them statistically in all key areas (except score) than two floggings and 1 win out of our backside.

I agree with this post except blaming the loss to 2 ruckmen. We didnt lose on the ground because of the 2 rucks.

We lost it on the ground, in the contest ..."we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball".

If Harry and Young held onto their marks at either end, and Harry kicked straight ....that would help too. Crows ran the ball and broke our lines because no one was putting heat on their running players imo.

I think the alot flows on from two rucks. The easy exits from fwd 50, the extra time they take seated on the pine meaning less rest for running players, the loss of run. True that it was hard to assess all of that on the weekend with only 3 left on the bench after half time but I prefer 1 ruck and JSOS to finish the year out. Hopefully we can recruit some better running players in the off season and we can revisit 2 giant rucks and 3 tall forwards (chuck, h and jsos).

Thanks for the welcome back Cazzesman. I haven't really been gone. Still reading TalkingCarlton only wasting too much of my footy stuff on Whatsapp with mates.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
club29 wrote:
Voss needs to stay strong here. He is right to focus on the contests. Hard to judge any system of play if we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball.
He should also focus on making sure we have a good running team that can compete of 120 mins. Forget the two rucks until pre season.
I would be happier with 3 tight losses against the leagues best where we match them statistically in all key areas (except score) than two floggings and 1 win out of our backside.

I agree with this post except blaming the loss to 2 ruckmen. We didnt lose on the ground because of the 2 rucks.

We lost it on the ground, in the contest ..."we continually lose contests. 1 on 1s, ground ball, marking contests and running races to the ball".

If Harry and Young held onto their marks at either end, and Harry kicked straight ....that would help too. Crows ran the ball and broke our lines because no one was putting heat on their running players imo.

I think the alot flows on from two rucks. The easy exits from fwd 50, the extra time they take seated on the pine meaning less rest for running players, the loss of run. True that it was hard to assess all of that on the weekend with only 3 left on the bench after half time but I prefer 1 ruck and JSOS to finish the year out. Hopefully we can recruit some better running players in the off season and we can revisit 2 giant rucks and 3 tall forwards (chuck, h and jsos).

Thanks for the welcome back Cazzesman. I haven't really been gone. Still reading TalkingCarlton only wasting too much of my footy stuff on Whatsapp with mates.

Well argued point club, and all those 1% improvements can help a bit, but I don't think TDK in the forwardline when Pitto wasnt resting on the bench adds up to a loss at the coal face: contested ball.

Put TDK to the side for a sec.

Charlie and Harry are permanent fixtures in the forwardline. They didn't lay a tackle on the weekend.

We had 2 20yo kids Motlop and Durdin not intimidating anyone in the forwardline, and Fisher and Owies who didnt do much either ... in the forwardline.

There's 6 players who failed us in the forward line and they had nothing to do with the 2 rucks. You'd think there's plenty of run and pressure in the smalls

We need to add competitive running machines who like to tackle and gut run next year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ddubble ppostt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:38 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Fisher and Owies who didnt do much either ... in the forwardline.

Owies opponent, Smith, was acknowledged by both coaches as BOG. Their rebound out of our forward 50 was a huge issue for us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Owies opponent, Smith, was acknowledged by both coaches as BOG. Their rebound out of our forward 50 was a huge issue for us.

Exactly.

What about Fisher's.

Have to be accountable: player and coach.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:34 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
club29 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
club29 wrote:

Well argued point club, and all those 1% improvements can help a bit, but I don't think TDK in the forwardline when Pitto wasnt resting on the bench adds up to a loss at the coal face: contested ball.

Put TDK to the side for a sec.

Charlie and Harry are permanent fixtures in the forwardline. They didn't lay a tackle on the weekend.

We had 2 20yo kids Motlop and Durdin not intimidating anyone in the forwardline, and Fisher and Owies who didnt do much either ... in the forwardline.

There's 6 players who failed us in the forward line and they had nothing to do with the 2 rucks. You'd think there's plenty of run and pressure in the smalls

We need to add competitive running machines who like to tackle and gut run next year.

suspect that’s why Voss dropped jSOS. he wasn’t getting enough from smells so add in another in forward line and go with two rucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:34 pm 
John James

Stefchook wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

owies is usually better han that. rushed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

diesel95 wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

owies is usually better han that. rushed in.

We push 1 -2 forwards up to the stoppage, that leaves loose defenders behind the play.
I wouldn't be blaming Owies. Our forwards are usually trying to battle 4 V 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 pm 
Ken Hands

I think Collingwood got the better oach. By a long way.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:03 am 
Harry Vallence

Last night confirmed you are only as good as your bottom 6 - 8 players

Collingwood’s collective tackling in the second half was insane

They had no right to win that game

Voss needs to weed out those that don’t buy in to a system whereby everybody is playing an important role

Our feeble tackling efforts last week was my biggest disappointment this year

That crap needs to stop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I looked at your posts last night Blues21.

Blues21 wrote:
Sunday will be officially called as season end for us. Weak as piss last 10 weeks. We don't even deserve to be making up the numbers

Blues21 wrote:
We ain't winning any more games this year

Blues21 wrote:

I didn't know he was available to us when we appointed Voss. :?
Are you doing OK?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:10 am 
Ken Hunter

WOW wrote:

But also, injuries determine whether the bottom 6-8 on any given day are your 16th-23rd best players or your 29th-36th best players. Earlier this season many Carlton fans were saying we finally had a good bottom 6.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
WOW wrote:

But also, injuries determine whether the bottom 6-8 on any given day are your 16th-23rd best players or your 29th-36th best players. Earlier this season many Carlton fans were saying we finally had a good bottom 6.

You're right GreatEx.

That was before the injury list escalated to 8, then 10, then 13, then 15, then 17, then 18...peaked at 19.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:59 am 
Bruce Doull

WOW wrote:
Last night confirmed you are only as good as your bottom

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 am 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
WOW wrote:
Last night confirmed you are only as good as your bottom

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

True, but if you are consistently losing the contested ball, then it wont matter who the bottom 6 are they will be ineffective.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:57 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Expecting a fited up team today, Voss would of taken no prisoners in the match review. Takes no shit from anyone and says it how it is from what I'm hearing.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:28 pm 
Ken Hands

Blue Vain wrote:
I looked at your posts last night Blues21.

Blues21 wrote:
Sunday will be officially called as season end for us. Weak as piss last 10 weeks. We don't even deserve to be making up the numbers

Blues21 wrote:
We ain't winning any more games this year

Blues21 wrote:

I didn't know he was available to us when we appointed Voss. :?
Are you doing OK?

Doing just fine. Have you seen the half time score? Great response.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lace Out wrote:
Expecting a fited up team today, Voss would of taken no prisoners in the match review. Takes no shit from anyone and says it how it is from what I'm hearing.

That worked out well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hopefully Voss gets a good run at trading in some more mids this draft to play his style.
Forget going to the draft unless we have to.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

missnaut wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

That worked out well.

We are in monumental trouble if this is our response to a brutal Voss week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110  Next