Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

From AFL website.

2022 average games played per team
142 games – Geelong
112 – Richmond
105 – Brisbane
100 – Port Adelaide
96 – Sydney
96 – Collingwood
94 – West Coast
93 – Western Bulldogs
93 – Melbourne
89 – Greater Western Sydney
86 – St Kilda
80 – Gold Coast
79 – Hawthorn
75 – North Melbourne
75 – Carlton
72 – Fremantle
71 – Essendon*
63 – Adelaide

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 4:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
From AFL website.

142 games – Geelong
112 – Richmond
105 – Brisbane
100 – Port Adelaide
96 – Sydney
96 – Collingwood
94 – West Coast
93 – Western Bulldogs
93 – Melbourne
86 – St Kilda
80 – Gold Coast
79 – Hawthorn
75 – North Melbourne
75 – Carlton
72 – Fremantle
71 – Essendon**
63 – Adelaide

Regards Cazzesman

Impressive. I feel like it's the first time we have had the right support on field and off field to support our youth

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very happy with Voss, and even happier we didn't go with either of Clarkson or Ross Lyon (cringe to both!!). I don't buy into the idea he was our third choice mantra that some media outlets etc spin. AFAIK, he was genuinely a part of the process and clearly on exposed form has done everything and more the club could have hoped for.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:
From AFL website.

142 games – Geelong
112 – Richmond
105 – Brisbane
100 – Port Adelaide
96 – Sydney
96 – Collingwood
94 – West Coast
93 – Western Bulldogs
93 – Melbourne
86 – St Kilda
80 – Gold Coast
79 – Hawthorn
75 – North Melbourne
75 – Carlton
72 – Fremantle
71 – Essendon**
63 – Adelaide

Regards Cazzesman

Wow! Sure is Dad's Army at Geelong.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What's Collingwobbles excuse?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1135428/voss-embracing-rivalry-with-old-enemy

I actually enjoy...well, I love, listening to Voss when he fronts the Press.

Friendly. Clear. Assertive. Honest. Tactful. Optimistic. Realistic....the list goes on.

He's a revelation at carlton. I've used that word a bit this year, and revelation if a word that describes many things and people at Carlton in 2022.

Quote:
Speaking to media on Thursday, AFL Senior Coach Michael Voss said there’s no reason to shy away from the rivalry between these two sides, choosing to embrace the history rather than try and rewrite it.

“I think embracing it is a good thing, I don’t see anything wrong with it at all,” Voss said.

“As long as it still has its place, I think it’s a healthy AFL environment when you’ve got Collingwood going up against Carlton and there’s still some good rivalry.”

Buckley during the week mentioned how he played down the rivalry, but Voss is respectful of what the Carlton Collingwood rivalry means to supporters who front each game and encourage the players as the 24th man.

My boys are in their teens and they welcome the rivalry and the history of our rivalries. The rivalry between Carlton v Pies, Druggies and Tiggers is real for them. So, the rivalry isn't a generational thing. Some kids don't have passionate parents who give them the time to share the stories.

That's why there will be 80,000+ at the game despite being played at non prime time at the end of the weekend whilst mum or dad, or nan is preparing dinner. At 3.20, its all folks and knives down for the big one.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crusader wrote:
The Boss would want to come up with an answer for our rebound game, toot flower sweet.

Job well done, big chief. :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Anyone else notice his demeanour during the presser? He’s not a happy camper.

Now Micheal deep breaths please, go practice some mindfulness and go spend some time with your family. You can work through this in a productive way. You don’t want to let the lid of emotion off so much that you lose these players.

Dear oh dear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:07 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It's interesting isn't it. I liked Voss' spray at 3/4 time when I saw it, but the team didn't really respond to it because the last quarter was pretty poor as well. They looked flat last night. Admittedly the Essendon* 150th bullshit was pretty off putting... yuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:34 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Well they didn't let the opposition score a goal after it so it kinda did.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Loved the spray, was well deserved. Got way to Hollywood in the third qtr and missed an opportunity to really smash them.

Message received as all players said basically the same thing in the after match interviews.

Think it speaks to higher standards and raised expectations :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:43 am 
John James

MPH78 wrote:
Loved the spray, was well deserved. Got way to Hollywood in the third qtr and missed an opportunity to really smash them.

Message received as all players said basically the same thing in the after match interviews.

Brown pointed to an instance in the third quarter where captain Patrick Cripps opted for a long, dumping kick on his non-preferred left boot rather than trying to find a link-up player with clean possession as the side has done so often in 2022.

“I think this year they’ve been a lot more measured the way they’ve moved the football. This (Cripps example) is not the way Carlton play now, swinging onto your left foot and just kicking it blindly,” he said.

I'm sure Vossy had a quiet word with Crippa.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:50 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1135428/voss-embracing-rivalry-with-old-enemy

I actually enjoy...well, I love, listening to Voss when he fronts the Press.

Friendly. Clear. Assertive. Honest. Tactful. Optimistic. Realistic....the list goes on.

He's a revelation at carlton.
I've used that word a bit this year, and revelation if a word that describes many things and people at Carlton in 2022.

Quote:
Speaking to media on Thursday, AFL Senior Coach Michael Voss said there’s no reason to shy away from the rivalry between these two sides, choosing to embrace the history rather than try and rewrite it.

“I think embracing it is a good thing, I don’t see anything wrong with it at all,” Voss said.

“As long as it still has its place, I think it’s a healthy AFL environment when you’ve got Collingwood going up against Carlton and there’s still some good rivalry.”

Buckley during the week mentioned how he played down the rivalry, but Voss is respectful of what the Carlton Collingwood rivalry means to supporters who front each game and encourage the players as the 24th man.

My boys are in their teens and they welcome the rivalry and the history of our rivalries. The rivalry between Carlton v Pies, Druggies and Tiggers is real for them. So, the rivalry isn't a generational thing. Some kids don't have passionate parents who give them the time to share the stories.

That's why there will be 80,000+ at the game despite being played at non prime time at the end of the weekend whilst mum or dad, or nan is preparing dinner. At 3.20, its all folks and knives down for the big one.

I agree BB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Beijing Blue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

Brown pointed to an instance in the third quarter where captain Patrick Cripps opted for a long, dumping kick on his non-preferred left boot rather than trying to find a link-up player with clean possession as the side has done so often in 2022.

“I think this year they’ve been a lot more measured the way they’ve moved the football. This (Cripps example) is not the way Carlton play now, swinging onto your left foot and just kicking it blindly,” he said.

To compound the decision, he had a player in space on the wing with a simple right foot kick.
That was 2021 Cripps running past for the handball and wasting the ball. Perhaps that's one of the reasons Voss thought we'd let ourselves down in the 3rd quarter.
I also didn't like Jack show bagging with the side steps and then giving away a 50m penalty handed momentum back to the cheats. Boyd trying a side step as well.
Our players have been very good at playing within their skillset this year but when they try to show boat or step outside their roles, we can quickly regress to an average team.
I suspect Voss will be strongly reinforcing that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:51 am 
Geoff Southby

So well put BV……I noticed all of that. It achieves nothing ..the supporters don’t like it the coach certainly doesn’t and you’re never going to be a successful team if you keep doing it.

It’s a long season I know….and we’ve had bad habits for so long. Voss just needs to keep a handle on himself. I’m possibly catastrophising as usual but he can’t turn into a angry frustrated coach because it will all be a huge @#$%&! waste.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Curnow said there’s a balance that Voss shows.

So when he’s not happy, the players know it. And frankly, as I said in the match thread, we started to play millionaires’ football in the 3rd quarter. It wasn’t the Carlton way that we’ve played this year to get us where we need to be.

We play like that against Tigers or Saints and we’ll be punished. Need to stick to the simple things done well.

When the players watch the game back I think they’ll agree.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Voss is brilliant simple as that . And i will remind you once again , Leopards don't change there spots . If ever a Coach was entitled to go ape droppings it was after that bighead third quarter . Nah , Voss is right onto it . Reckon the skipper and Jacks ears will be ringing today .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Beijing Blue wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

To compound the decision, he had a player in space on the wing with a simple right foot kick.
That was 2021 Cripps running past for the handball and wasting the ball. Perhaps that's one of the reasons Voss thought we'd let ourselves down in the 3rd quarter.
I also didn't like Jack show bagging with the side steps and then giving away a 50m penalty handed momentum back to the cheats. Boyd trying a side step as well.
Our players have been very good at playing within their skillset this year but when they try to show boat or step outside their roles, we can quickly regress to an average team.
I suspect Voss will be strongly reinforcing that.

Those examples you highlighted were compounded by handling errors with the wet ball before the disposal. Cripps, especially, got all out of shape cutting across the centre square. He had two gun forwards one-out inside 50, so getting it in there was ABSOLUTELY the right option.

Similarly, Jack had to side step & globetrot to bring the marking option into play. Sideways & backwards handballs wouldn’t have helped - there was sweet FA support running anyway. He fumbled. Shit happens.

The bake came because they outmanned us 3-1 when the ball came to ground.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
Those examples you highlighted were compounded by handling errors with the wet ball before the disposal. Cripps, especially, got all out of shape cutting across the centre square. He had two gun forwards one-out inside 50, so getting it in there was ABSOLUTELY the right option.

A shit 25m kick on the left foot that didn't clear the centre square and went straight to the opposition, was never a better option than kicking to a team mate in space, on his natural foot.
That's Jimmae logic.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:
Crusader wrote:

A shit 25m kick on the left foot that didn't clear the centre square and went straight to the opposition, was never a better option than kicking to a team mate in space, on his natural foot.
That's Jimmae logic.

I’m not sure whose moniker applies to your line of thinking, but it seems as though you’re suggesting Cripps chose to shank the kick?

Scandalous…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110  Next