Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Has he shaved his head?

Just his balls.

Said he wanted it to be a bit more personal.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
I thought he spoke really well tonight during the Best and Fairest.
He was pretty impressive.
I really hope we have got it right this time.

He's assetive

Stated he knows what changes need to be made form 2021 to improve.

Shivers up my backbone. :gift:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Yup an Alpha like Vossy was overdue , the issue now how many are let go and or run for the hills come end 2022 , very interesting and exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 am 
Geoff Southby

bmaurizio wrote:
Yup an Alpha like Vossy was overdue , the issue now how many are let go and or run for the hills come end 2022 , very interesting and exciting times ahead.

Yeah , agree . Voss has presence and an aura about him . The sort of bloke that lead's the charge . The " follow me men " type .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just watched a seriously good documentary on the Lions 3 peat.

... watch AFL On Demand ‘dynasty’ bris lions, and experience how Leigh Matthew’s and the players created a culture. Lethal was a brilliant coach .

One message we might see Voss run with - everyone’s got a role

Great viewing

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/origina ... llection-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thanks LB, just watched it. You're right, great doco. And Voss comes from seriously good football stock.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:08 am 
formerly Fevola

I really really want him to succeed and be a long standing coach of the Carlton Football Club.

Something about him I think. He got me at the very first press conference sitting with Cook and Sayers and he had the proudest smile on his face. He couldnt stop smiling. I loved it.

You can see all over his face how greatfull and excited he was to Coach Carlton and that he finally got another opportunity.

Fingers crossed for him........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Voss is confident and grateful for another opportunity to coach an AFL club especially CFC it shows all over his face, he's excited and determined to change course of the last few decade of misery .
The momentum and indicators are positive, I'm eagerly awaiting start of some serious training sessions 2022, Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:45 pm 
Rod McGregor

Interesting to note we have re-appointed a senior coach and three line coaches, whilst John Barkers stoppage role has been removed. Does this mean we may have some soft cap space to add an additional coach next year? Many clubs have transition coaches these days. Perhaps finding of the review is that messaging will come across clearer with less coaches. If we can set up better behind the footy and use it smarter once we turn it over it's time to fly up the ladder. Weitering and Jones will be unstoppable with strong defensive press.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

london blue wrote:
Just watched a seriously good documentary on the Lions 3 peat.

... watch AFL On Demand ‘dynasty’ bris lions, and experience how Leigh Matthew’s and the players created a culture. Lethal was a brilliant coach .

One message we might see Voss run with - everyone’s got a role

Great viewing

https://www.afl.com.au/ondemand/origina ... llection-1

Thanks for this. Just watched it and agree it's very good.

Also of note was that Leigh said he'd learnt a lot from his previous experience at Collingwood when he was a rookie coach and started at Brisbane with a better understand of what's required.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:31 am 
John Nicholls

camel wrote:

Also of note was that Leigh said he'd learnt a lot from his previous experience at Collingwood when he was a rookie coach and started at Brisbane with a better understand of what's required.

Agreed - said it before:

To truly understand a problem, one must first unsuccessfully implement a solution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
camel wrote:

Agreed - said it before:

To truly understand a problem, one must first unsuccessfully implement a solution.

Profound bb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:47 am 
Craig Bradley

https://www.afl.com.au/news/688409/bulked-up-blues-guns-hit-the-track-voss-confident-on-jones-replacement

Quote:
NEW CARLTON coach Michael Voss has earmarked new recruit Lewis Young and swingman Mitch McGovern as likely replacements for Liam Jones in defence.

Meh. It's his funeral.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

No one gave Jones a chance either

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm 
Robert Walls

Yeah, to be fair to McGovern - Jones was also an incredibly frustrating forward until made the switch to defence at a very similar age.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Jones wasn’t short, fat & gassed after half a quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

https://www.afl.com.au/news/688409/bulk ... eplacement

I found this bit interesting:

Quote:
On his first official day on the track, Voss left most of the hands-on work to new assistant Ashley Hansen and coaching director Greg Williams

I’m not unhappy about Diesel passing on his wisdom, but I have mixed feelings about a board member swimming in the football department’s lane. I wonder what Cook thinks? He made a passing comment the other day about the blurring of roles between the board and operations - I wonder if this is what he was referring to?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm all for it Sue. I do take your point that he's wearing 2 hats but I don't think it's a bad thing.

I can't imagine a guy like Williams not getting on the tools actually, & I reckon Sayers very much had this in mind when he appointed him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thought Cooks comments today were very promosing. Sure, as mentioned, we've heard ti all before. But it impresses me that he's had a crack, gone away, learned more skills and is ready to ahve another go.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/coo ... 59akc.html

Appointing Voss as senior coach was Cook’s first job as CEO, the veteran administrator drawing on his links with Port coach Ken Hinkley, Cats coach Chris Scott and others to assess the champion player’s coaching potential.

“Vossy stood out as the best leader,” Cook said.

and

“He [Voss] has picked up a hell of a lot in the past seven years at Port and, in particular, the areas around developing culture, directing coaches and how to do that, ensuring the program has a good pattern and a good sequence and makes a lot of sense from Monday to Saturday or Sunday when you play,” Cook said.

“He has been as much a coach/administrator/director as he has been a coach. That really attracts me. I think he is going to be OK. He is going to be very good for Carlton. There is no doubt his values are first class.

“All our coaches are character-first people, and we can build a club around these types of people.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110  Next