Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
deano35 wrote:
I'm hearing he wants to extend his stay with us for an extra 2 years.

Hope so . Whats this thing about his age ? i'm five years older than Cook and i'm still on the payroll . Never felt better . Cook looks as fit as a fiddle to me . And not weary , tired , or burnt out by a long way . The bloke has got plenty left in the tank . Still has a heap to offer and we are lucky to have such a highly esteemed man in our ranks .................... stop looking for chinks you blokes . Get around him .

:clap:

Happy with you Mickstar. I agree

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
deano35 wrote:
I'm hearing he wants to extend his stay with us for an extra 2 years.

Hope so . Whats this thing about his age ? i'm five years older than Cook and i'm still on the payroll . Never felt better . Cook looks as fit as a fiddle to me . And not weary , tired , or burnt out by a long way . The bloke has got plenty left in the tank . Still has a heap to offer and we are lucky to have such a highly esteemed man in our ranks .................... stop looking for chinks you blokes . Get around him .

:clap:

Happy with you Mickstar. I agree

Its good isnt it..."get around him"...love that old saying. Says it all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

I wonder if he could have any influence on attempting to overturn our choice to wear a white playing uniform?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Why did he come out and say Voss is guaranteed until the end of next year? FFS

More and more I'm thinking he's there to top up his super. Once again we're being grifted.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

sTaBiLiTy !1!1!!

uNiTy !1!

When we are 0-4 and membership is only in the 50k mark next year then we will make a move and pretend we had no other option but to give it a go but it just hasn't worked

Then it's another year wasted and so on and so forth the Carlton bullshit carries on and you're right, why would Cook care? He can retire at the end of next year with his Carlton money and hand the problem to the next dud.

Basketcase club.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

He's part of the problem IMO.

Another example of our club throwing $$ at a short term fix / solution. Did the board truly think Cook was prepared to roll his sleeves up, work his arse off for 5+ years to turn our club around?

No, of course they didn't. They went chips in on near retired ex gun CEO. We threw huge $$ at Strength & Condition coach who's been abysmal failure. And threw huge $$ at top 6 players who are under-performing in an epic way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:56 pm 
Robert Walls

lucablue wrote:

Another example of our club throwing $$ at a short term fix / solution. Did the board truly think Cook was prepared to roll his sleeves up, work his arse off for 5+ years to turn our club around?

No, of course they didn't. They went chips in on near retired ex gun CEO. We threw huge $$ at Strength & Condition coach who's been abysmal failure. And threw huge $$ at top 6 players who are under-performing in an epic way.

what facts have you to back your story that he isn't working his arse off?

ps he is signed for 3 years

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

lucablue wrote:

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong on Cook if you tried.
Cook is working his arse off behind the scenes to create a more stable and unified club. The problem at Carlton is and always has been the beavy of heavy hitters with cash that are wanting heads to roll.
Fact is he is trying to stabilise the whole joint from top to bottom.
At this stage that is all I'll say on Cook coz there's plenty going on behind the scenes that he is working towards.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

deano35 wrote:
lucablue wrote:

Cook is working his arse off behind the scenes to create a more stable and unified club. The problem at Carlton is and always has been the beavy of heavy hitters with cash that are wanting heads to roll.
At this stage that is all I'll say on Cook coz there's plenty going on behind the scenes that he is working towards.

Thanks for that Deano . Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know the bloke or the calibre of the man .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

deano35 wrote:
lucablue wrote:

Question Deano . One of Brians stated intentions when he got the gig was to cast his eye around for a good young up and coming colt in the ranks to eventually take the reigns . Any news on that ? how good would it be to have a young Stephen Gough style of person just waiting for there chance .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:22 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
deano35 wrote:
lucablue wrote:

Thanks for that Deano . Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know the bloke or the calibre of the man .

classic example of how stories can be made up

I

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:22 pm 
Robert Walls

deano35 wrote:
lucablue wrote:

Cmon Deano
Give us a nibble
What is he focusing on?
Is it one of these 7 vague goals?
https://resources.carltonfc.com.au/aflc-carl/document/2022/08/31/aaa444e9-3267-41bc-be07-724d89858f13/2022-2027-Strategic-Plan-Document-3.pdf

Give us something juicy to pep us up

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

lucablue wrote:

:grin:

Angry Carlton supporters are so level headed.

Are you sure Cookie hasnt got a clue?
Did you listen to his interview yesterday?
See today's Melbourne Papers for some snippets
Very smart man. Doesnt give away much, and has a grand plan, with "many layers", people dont see.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

We are now certainties to play finals . Reckon Brian Cook deserves as much credit as anyone .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:45 am 
Harry Vallence

Recruit of the Year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dear Brian, I was wrong. I’m sorry. Forgive me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Traveller86 wrote:

You will welease... Bwian!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:44 am 
Ken Hands

jake_h03 wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

You will welease... Bwian!
I'm Brian, and so is my wife!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:25 am 
Bruce Doull

Lovely…!

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next