Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm 
Bruce Comben

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPBPslesoQ

‘The man of the hour’ - Mr Cook again.

Blue Skies ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Matthewzac wrote:
Apologies if this has already been posted guys! A short excerpt. But worth a read. Boom!

Re: Brian Cook interview with Jon Anderson back in 2019:

Jon Anderson: When you retire, you will have spent an AFL-VFL record of 30 years as a CEO? What are you proudest of?

Brian Cook: The cultural change at Geelong is at the top of my list because without it nothing else could have happened. We have one of the best around. The AFLPA do their cultural survey each year and we’ve rated one or two for the last five or six years along with clubs like Sydney and Hawthorn.
To those who think culture isn't critical for success... There you have it! The missing and key ingredient “culture “. Could be a Red Sea moment for the club!

Clearly he is Penske material :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:36 pm 
Bruce Comben

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kezza wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
SEN Picks and Hutchy this morning.

Well Carlton got Brian Cook.
Oh well I liked Cain. But if they had to get rid of him and get someone, then Brian Cook is good.
But why would they only give him a title of CEO. Surely it should be a better title like National Manager?
And surely he doesnt roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty at his age.
I though Cain was doing a great job wasn’t he. I liked him.

Omg the rubbish…….

I stopped listening to SEN years ago.
When they stopped running the Mathemagic computer tutour ads?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Oh well I liked Cain. But if they had to get rid of him and get someone, then Brian Cook is good.
But why would they only give him a title of CEO. Surely it should be a better title like National Manager?

Omg the rubbish…….

We all know Leon has an axe to grind and Hutchy is just an idiot
Hutchy is a lot of things but an idiot he is not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Hutchy is Pickering's mate so of course they are bashing Carlton at the moment

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

No Hutchy isn’t an idiot just a smarmy greasy duplicitous pr….

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 am 
Harry Vallence

Matthewzac wrote:
Apologies if this has already been posted guys! A short excerpt. But worth a read. Boom!

Jon Anderson: When you retire, you will have spent an AFL-VFL record of 30 years as a CEO? What are you proudest of?

Brian Cook: The cultural change at Geelong is at the top of my list because without it nothing else could have happened. We have one of the best around. The AFLPA do their cultural survey each year and we’ve rated one or two for the last five or six years along with clubs like Sydney and Hawthorn.
To those who think culture isn't critical for success... There you have it! The missing and key ingredient “culture “. Could be a Red Sea moment for the club!

This will be his mantra by the time he finishes , such a brilliant appointment

He will change the unchanged or they will be terminated from the club …

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Omg the rubbish…….

High end operator.
His looks throw people though I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 am 
Horrie Clover

azzablue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Let's hope he does, but our club has been down this road before and did the whole of club approach and yet still ended up where we are at.

Its not solely about what happens whilst he's here its what happens once he's gone and if he's only here for a short time then it has to take.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:10 am 
Rod Ashman

thryleon wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Let's hope he does, but our club has been down this road before and did the whole of club approach and yet still ended up where we are at.

Its not solely about what happens whilst he's here its what happens once he's gone and if he's only here for a short time then it has to take.

Agree with all that

For a moment let’s let go of the past, loosen our grip of fear......and let things unfold

We wanted change and we’ve got it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Matthewzac wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPBPslesoQ

‘The man of the hour’ - Mr Cook again.

Blue Skies ahead.

He looks like the type we have needed since 1995 before we caught the Elliot disease and became too cocky and arrogant. We took our foot off the pedal.

3 Years of this bloke will give us an even keel. Smooth sailing and synergy across all levels of the business, to withstand all weather thrown at us.

We have the foundation of a great list. He will be smart enough to spread the salary load over the years so we don't get bogged by some legacy contracts.

I have a good feeling about this appointment. Probably the most important appointment since Sam Walsh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Omg the rubbish…….

How about idiotic?

You can't judge a person by his castle alone. Money does not maketh the man. He's an anti Carlton cock.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
thryleon wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Agree with all that

For a moment let’s let go of the past, loosen our grip of fear......and let things unfold

You're a ripper london.

Posting from the golf course this morning? Its only10 degrees in Melbourne. Of course you are. Boom Boom. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am 
Robert Walls

Can someone remind me what was Cook's involvement in relation to the whole Dank stink at Geelong?
What did he know, what was his role, what did he do..

Not trying to cast mud, just trying to understand how he approached the situation. The fact that Goodwin is now coaching for a grand final has got me thinking about all this stuff again

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluey44 wrote:
Can someone remind me what was Cook's involvement in relation to the whole Dank stink at Geelong?

Not trying to cast mud, just trying to understand how he approached the situation. The fact that Goodwin is now coaching for a grand final has got me thinking about all this stuff again

Dank only got found out after Carlton put the spot light on the drug cheatin Effendope*, when our ears pricked up after they literally violently smashed up our guys only 4 games after we eliminated them by nearly 100 points in the Elimination final.

I doubt anyone knew what Danks and the other bloke, the muscle and fighting coach whose escapes me for now, Rob something??? Good name for a guy who robs integrity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:42 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:
thryleon wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Matthewzac wrote:

Agree with all that

You're a ripper london.

Posting from the golf course this morning? Its only10 degrees in Melbourne. Of course you are. Boom Boom. :wink:

Bondi, Dan has no problem me having a picnic on a golf course - alas without swinging a club

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am 
Rod Ashman

CarltonClem wrote:
Geelong supporter I know (who has Carlton supporting relatives) says Cook is the guy he didn't want to lose. He was hoping for Cook to stay on as a consultant.

Deep down, I think Cook knew once he left Geelong, he had to go to allow Hocking space to do his thing.

Needs to manage the relationship between the Board and the Football Department, I don't think this was in Liddle's repertoire. I'm confident Cook can do it.

This is a key appointment. Really.

Bingo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:

Dank only got found out after Carlton put the spot light on the drug cheatin Effendope*, when our ears pricked up after they literally violently smashed up our guys only 4 games after we eliminated them by nearly 100 points in the Elimination final.

I doubt anyone knew what Danks and the other bloke, the muscle and fighting coach whose escapes me for now, Rob something??? Good name for a guy who robs integrity.

Are you thinking of Shane “Dr Ageless” Charter bondi?

The guy who personally trained James Hird, Luke Darcy, Shane Wowoedin and Scott West and miraculously cured Hird’s irreparable navicular foot injury in a matter of months.

Or maybe Dean “The Weapon” Robinson?

Why do all these idiots have nicknames like they’re comic book characters?

@#$%&! I hate that club.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:

Agree with all that

You're a ripper london.

Posting from the golf course this morning? Its only10 degrees in Melbourne. Of course you are. Boom Boom. :wink:[/quote]

Bondi, Dan has no problem me having a picnic on a golf course - alas without swinging a club[/quote]

I'm at Sth maroubra beach right now, drink in hand, enjoying a picnic with another footy family you know. Coz Gladys said so.

Good day to be a carltonian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next