Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dear daggs001,

I hope you and your families are well as we approach the end of 2022 – a year of significant transformation for our football club.

We had three seasons in a calendar year, totalling a combined 42 games of AFL and AFLW.

I would like to take this moment to thank all of our players, coaches and staff for their contribution over that time and the dedication they show for our football club.

Football stops for nobody though, and I’m sure you’ve seen that the hard work is continuing with our AFL side already back for pre-season, while our recruiting team did an outstanding job at the NAB AFL Draft earlier this week.

A special welcome to IKON Park for our new draftees Ollie Hollands, Lachlan Cowan, Jaxon Binns and Harry Lemmey.

I also want to thank each and every one of you for your support this year. You, our members, are the reason we exist and it is also why I am able to share some positive news with you today.

The Carlton Football Club has today announced a net operating profit of $3,390,993 for 2022, an increase on the $1,282,346 result achieved in 2021.

This operating result has contributed to our declaration of a statutory net profit position of $17,020,366 (2021: $20,257,029), which includes both capital and operational non-recurring grants received, as well as philanthropic contributions towards the IKON Park redevelopment.

As I mentioned above, this significant increase can be attributed largely to our loyal members and supporters, as another membership record was achieved off the back of a 9 per cent growth (81,302 to 88,776), as well as an average home crowd attendance of 49,784 – ranked number one in the AFL.

As a result, the Club generated net revenues totaling $20,069,003 from membership, gate receipts and retail – a 29 per cent increase on the comparable 2019 financial year ($15,570,918), prior to the pandemic.

Our commercial partners also underpinned what was a positive financial result, as revenues grew to $16,565,251, a 28 per cent increase from 2019 ($12,977,330).

This year was the first in which the Club’s AFL and AFLW football programs were supported by both our co-major partners in Hyundai and Great Southern Bank, continuing to highlight the connection and support of all our partners.

The Club’s non-traditional revenues continued to grow after two interrupted years, with revenue up 11 per cent from 2021. The Carlton IN Business Network now comprises of 162 members, and the Carlton College of Sport realised further growth in enrolments, with on-site learning returning in 2022.

It was a landmark year for Carlton Respects and the Club’s commnity endeavours, with the Blues launching Road to Respect, a digital learning platform set to be implemented in 2023, which aims to educate students about respect and equality, centered around prevention of violence and positive impact.

During the year, the Club proudly completed and opened to the public the final stages of its redevelopment, which has seen us cement IKON Park as the home of AFLW.

Included in the project delivery was the unveiling of broadcast-standard lighting for AFLW night matches, fully integrated high-performance training facilities and vastly improved match-day conditions for opposition teams and spectators.

The Club’s redevelopment was made possible due to the funding support secured with the Victorian State Government and Federal Government in prior years, resulting in the Club obtaining $20,196,500 and $15,000,000 respectively, towards the redevelopment of IKON Park.

For a year that started with so much uncertainty around our game, to have generated such a significant financial result over a sustained period is certainly pleasing and has enabled us to continue to invest in our football programs and complete our high-performance facilities.

In 2022 we were able to re-establish a number of our key revenue sources in order to make these necessary investments. These decisions were made in accordance with our five-year strategic plan, ensuring we remain committed to our purpose, as a united, inclusive and values-based club that achieves on and off-field success.

We are a football club that exists for and because of, our members. You make a difference for us on the field with your unmatched passion and support, and this financial result we have announced today proves how significant your contribution is to the off-field position our club holds.

In concluding, I want to wish you all a happy and safe end to the year. I hope you are able to take the time to relax and recharge, as we set our sights on an exciting 2023.

Kind regards,

Brian Cook
CEO
Member ID: 4914291

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

I got the same email.
Good effort by the club and we are now in a pretty strong financial position.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yeah , got the email from the Club . This Cook bloke fills me with confidence . You just get that gut feel that we are in very , very good hands .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Yup Cook and Sayers both have made a significant difference no nonsense professional operators with excellent track records.
Hopefully they'll remain at the helm for at least another 2 to 3 years and set us on track, their positive contribution, influence is noticeable, we have a great outlook for a change.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Cook factor has been enormous for our footy club no doubt. My concern is that he made it clear he wasnt going to be CEO for long and there has supposedly been work being done on his successor, however I haven't seen any news around that. I sincerely hope it has indeed been in train for some time and he is sharing his undoubted knowledge with whoever that maybe...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:53 am 
Geoff Southby

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
The Cook factor has been enormous for our footy club no doubt. My concern is that he made it clear he wasnt going to be CEO for long and there has supposedly been work being done on his successor, however I haven't seen any news around that. I sincerely hope it has indeed been in train for some time and he is sharing his undoubted knowledge with whoever that maybe...

Yeah , wouldn't it be good if there was a young Stephen Gough in the ranks .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sayers has this covered. Cookie is giving him time to review, analysis and implement the next phase.
He has been really impressive so far and I have no doubt will be on top of this. Of course Cook will also have a big say, when he is ready to move on as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Sayers has this covered. Cookie is giving him time to review, analysis and implement the next phase.
He has been really impressive so far and I have no doubt will be on top of this. Of course Cook will also have a big say, when he is ready to move on as well.

Hey Surrey

Sounds good to me.

Sayers has also been fantastic. It seems the Board is working very well :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey

Sounds good to me.

Until the wheels fall off "again"!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

carntheblues wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey

Sounds good to me.

Let's all hope they've tightened the wheel nuts properly :smoking:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

The wheel nuts? THE WHEEL NUTS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

carntheblues wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Hey Surrey

Sounds good to me.

Not this time. Smart operator.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

I suggest Cook is both smart and professional in the area of footy, a rarity at CFC in the last couple of decades.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
I suggest Cook is both smart and professional in the area of footy, a rarity at CFC in the last couple of decades.

Yeah , and unlike Greg Swann he knows when to pull up .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dear ABNS,

It is a pleasure to write to you this morning to announce some outstanding news, that puts us in a great position of off-field strength heading into 2023.

Carlton and Hyundai have been aligned together for a long period of time, resulting in one of the longest-running partnerships in Australian sport.

Today, I am delighted to let you know that Hyundai have signed a five-year contract extension to take their Co-Major partnership with the football club to an incredible 26 years by the end of 2027.

Hyundai joined the Club as a major sponsor from 1995–2000, before re-committing to the Navy Blue as a Co-Major partner in 2008, with the commercial relationship continuing to go from strength-to-strength ever since.

As we all know, on-field success is at the forefront of our focus, but central to that is off-field stability and support. Hyundai have provided that, and more, to our football club, and we are excited they will continue to do so as we strive for sustained success in the coming years.

The five-year extension also sees Hyundai double its commitment to AFLW and will retain the front space on the Club’s home guernseys.

Innovation and technology are hallmarks of the Hyundai brand, which has been further showcased through the creation of the Carlton IN Business sustainability charter, enabling like-minded businesses to share learnings and opportunities.

The long-standing relationship between Hyundai and Carlton is built on loyalty and a joint passion for innovation. We have both evolved significantly since the establishment of the relationship and will continue to grow together, with a shared appetite to sit at the forefront of our respective industries.

We are proud to have one of the most unique and longstanding partnerships in not only the AFL, but the entire Australian sporting landscape, and we continue to have a mutual brand synergy, which holds us in great stead moving forward.

It has been wonderful to collaborate with Hyundai on initiatives that directly benefit you, our members, including the Back our ‘Baggers campaign, and we thank all Carlton members for their involvement in that initiative over the last few years.

It is pleasing to know that our fans have a connection with Hyundai as our Co-Major partner, which is the sign of an incredibly strong partnership, and we look forward to the next five years with Hyundai by our side.

To find out more about Hyundai, click here.

Kind Regards,

Brian Cook
CEO
Member ID: 4914291

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
The upward trend the Blues appear to be on has the club hierarchy hopeful of the ultimate success in the coming seasons.

“In our business plan, we’ve indicated we’ll win at least one men’s and women’s premiership… in the next five years that is,” Cook added.

“The real issue for us is to keep improving every year, that’s the important thing, both on and off the field.

“We’ll improve on last year, that’s our aim. Where that ends up from a ladder point of view, who knows.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/02/09/weve-taken-the-next-step-blues-boss-makes-flag-declaration-in-five-year-plan/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Must be something in the water at Princes Park that makes executives think they have to include promises of premierships in a business plan. It's likely ok for Cooky - he'll be well gone in 5 years and enjoying retirement. But the board approves this. So anything short of a flag in both competitions before 2027 is a failure. I'm really not sure why they think they have to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:45 am 
Geoff Southby

DocSherrin III wrote:
Must be something in the water at Princes Park that makes executives think they have to include promises of premierships in a business plan. It's likely ok for Cooky - he'll be well gone in 5 years and enjoying retirement. But the board approves this. So anything short of a flag in both competitions before 2027 is a failure. I'm really not sure why they think they have to do it.

Any clue's as to who they have earmarked to take over from Cook Doc ? Cook stated that he will keep a look out for a likely young colt in the wings . Jeez , how good would it be if there was a young Stephen Gough in the ranks .

PS............ how is Campbell-Farrell travelling at Willy Doc ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:08 am 
Harry Vallence

Cook is our best recruit under Sayers. Will make us a great club again

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
Any clue's as to who they have earmarked to take over from Cook Doc ? Cook stated that he will keep a look out for a likely young colt in the wings . Jeez , how good would it be if there was a young Stephen Gough in the ranks .

PS............ how is Campbell-Farrell travelling at Willy Doc ?

I'll have to enquire about Taj, Mick.

As for Cook's replacement... if Cook originally came in with the remit of recruiting and perhaps mentoring a successor, I'd be surprised if he had any input after the colossal stuff up with Braith Cox from Geelong last year.

He's at the club until end of '24. Plenty of time to find someone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next