Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tommi wrote:
That’s right folk….

a great man once said…”when carrying weight…
it’s best to put down the stuff that makes
your weight heavier…especially when you no
longer need said weight in the first place………..that is”…!

kindest regards tommi

Bit weighty that post. By your standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Sayers - Cook - Voss

Vs

LoGiudice - Liddle - Teague

What a remarkable turnaround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of the groundwork for what’s happening now was laid by those there before. LoG wasn’t perfect but I feel like he put in a lot of hard work during the tough times and helped set us on a good path.

I agree to a point. I think he did a heap of good work which is at the foundation of where the club is now, more so off field than on it, but there were a few glaring issues which happened under his watch.

Then Cain Liddle / SOS debacle. Whoever’s fault it was, there was a clear lack of unity within the club and people were stepping out of their lane.

The entire Teague tenure. He was appointed without any real process on the back of fan pressure. He had so many major issues in his tactics and his personality to be a senior coach which should have been picked up by a thorough process.

The mediocre on field performance of the club and the coaching group which seemed to be tolerated for far too long.

The reality is, the minute Sayers walked into the job was the minute this club really turned the corner. Full review to find the problems, resulting in the effective sacking of the CEO, the senior coach and almost the entire coaching group.

The change of fortunes since is there for everyone to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dear ABNS,

I hope you and your family are well and are enjoying what has been an exciting AFL season to date.

As we head into the back end of the AFL season and with three games remaining, I’m sure you’ll agree the work that our leaders have done, particularly Senior Coach Michael Voss, has resulted in an exciting brand of football that our members and fans have connected with all year.

We’ve seen a number of on-field highlights this season, however one that continues to impress year-on-year is the commitment and dedication of our members.

We know we have one of the biggest and most passionate fanbases in the country, evidenced by the 85,000 membership target we recently reached.

Our members have also shown up in force at our games this year, with record attendances set in season 2022, and we can’t wait to see you all back at the ‘G in Round 23 for our final home game of the year.

To be playing in big games at the back end of the home-and-away season is the exact position we want to be in as a football club.

The connection has been growing, resilience building. Clearly, we’re not the finished product yet but most importantly, the group acknowledges that the hard work must continue.

That is the mentality of our AFL side at the moment – we’ve put ourselves in the position we set out to be in at the start of the year. We’ve given ourselves a shot, so let’s embrace this opportunity over the coming weeks which starts in Brisbane on Sunday.

The main reason I wanted to write to you today is to share some really exciting news.

From 9am Monday 15 August, we are ready to welcome you home to IKON Park.

Stage 2 of the redevelopment of IKON Park is almost complete, inclusive of our state-of-the-art recovery and high-performance area, gymnasium, indoor training field, expanded Carlton Shop, function rooms and the opening of the Carlton Football Club’s brand-new café 1864.

Stage 3 of the redevelopment is currently ongoing and set for completion in mid-September. This part of the redevelopment will include a match-day pavilion housing visitor and VFL/VFLW changerooms, along with a function centre with completed landscaping and connection to Princes Park.

From Monday 15 August, Stage 2 of the project including the IKON Park café and The Carlton Shop will be open to the public, with the latter set to open its doors Monday to Friday 9am–5pm.

Our spiritual home, for the first time ever, will now host its own interactive and immersive museum that pays homage to 159 years of proud Carlton history.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to both the Victorian and Federal governments for their significant financial contributions to the IKON Park redevelopment, with this investment now cementing IKON Park as Melbourne’s home of AFLW.

When the Club set about undertaking this historic work, it was based upon achieving facilities for women’s sport that would be the equal of their male counterparts. It is with great thanks to the Victorian and Federal governments that this objective has now become a reality.

I’d also like to acknowledge our Club donors, whom without their support, our vision for the IKON Park redevelopment would not have been brought to life and whose significant contribution and support of our great Club cannot go unmentioned.

As a result, our AFLW side now has access to facilities that are the envy of our competitors, and it has arrived in perfect time, with less than three weeks from our season opener against Collingwood, which will take place right here on a Thursday night under the brand-new lights of IKON Park.

The build-up to the AFLW season will take a massive step next week, when – for the first time in our history – we will have both our AFLW and AFL teams playing at the same ground, against the same opposition, on the very same day.

The MCG next Saturday will see our AFLW side face Melbourne at 4:40pm before the AFL side do the same soon after at 7:20pm, and we hope to see you there for an historic double-header.

Before I conclude, I wanted to let you know in advance that we will be launching our new Strategic Plan for the Carlton Football Club this month.

A significant amount of work has gone into this, including the development of six key values, which have been created in consultation with stakeholders throughout our football club – our players, football staff, admin staff, and you, our members.

This business plan will drive the direction and decision-making of our football club for the next five years and as members, we look forward to sharing it with you in the coming weeks.

Thank you so much for what has been truly remarkable support in 2022 so far.

We’ve come a long way together in less than a year. We still have a long way to go, but together, I couldn’t be more confident we are building something very special here at the Carlton Football Club.

Kind regards,

Brian Cook
CEO
Member ID: 4914291

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:38 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Positive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

BlueJean wrote:
Positive

Wrong thread?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seriously….

I’m fascinated by our refurbishment…!

not 100% sold yet…many MANY un-arnswered
questions pertaining to spectator seating…and
other things…!

i was never happy with the legends stand…
POX design…FAR to shallow…!

should’ve been a cauldron like environment…!

kindest regards tommi

I’m awaiting to see if spectators will be able to stand
around the ground at all…it looks crap with no people…1

also…what are they doing with stage 3…is that gap on
the wing being filled in…with seats….?

also…why wasn’t the CFC insignia put right in the middle
of the blue box…are they going to write anything else
on there…?

and if so…why isn’t it already done…!

and whilst we’re there…can we move the whole place
7 inches to the left…!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Positive

Wrong thread?

Wrong site?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:

should’ve been a cauldron like environment…!!

Spot on. Was designed so it could have maximum advertising space at the rear of the stand. Unseen anywhere else!

Shit stand.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
tommi wrote:

should’ve been a cauldron like environment…!!

Spot on. Was designed so it could have maximum advertising space at the rear of the stand. Unseen anywhere else!

Shit stand.

Not entirely true - the shallowness of the stand was due to the City Council/VCAT not approving the original design which would have allowed a total ground capacity of 45,000.

There was a conspiracy involving Graeme Samuel/Rom Evans etc to ensure the original vision of the ground not to come to pass so it wouldn’t jeopardise the development of the Docklands Stadium.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You mean the shallow banking of seats?

I'm sure you're right agro but without changing the height or footprint they could have increased the incline if they were prepared to ditch rear of stand advertising, no?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
You mean the shallow banking of seats?

I'm sure you're right agro but without changing the height or footprint they could have increased the incline if they were prepared to ditch rear of stand advertising, no?

They wanted to make the stand higher - with more seating but they put on height limits on the whole construction- which meant it had to be shallower and not as steep.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If only Princes Park was in a marginal electorate.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
If only Princes Park was in a marginal electorate.

Thank Christ its not coz the local residents would jump up and down till the whole joint would be bulldozed .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yep fair point. Forgot the locals don't feel like the residents of the town of Geelong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:25 am 
Geoff Southby

Listen to Cook's interview on SEN . This bloke is so good .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:42 am 
Harry Vallence

I listened to it.

I like Brian Cook, but what was so special about what he said this morning?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 am 
Harry Vallence

Traveller86 wrote:
I listened to it.

Probably not so much special as self-aware, reflective and transparent?

Acknowledged publicly finals was the goal, acknowledged we failed as a club
Addressed poor performances and took accountability
Was open and transparent with the disappointment from the players and the coach
Addressed injury concerns and did say it would be looked at
Acknowledged that players need to physically adjust to Voss's combative game style and recruiting will play an important part in that
Openly acknowledged coaching style will evolve
Made it clear TDK and McKay are also long term priority signings - perhaps 6 years also in line with Charlie?

Nothing groundbreaking but along with Voss's post game presser, you can tell these guys get it, they want more and they're willing to do what it takes to get there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:55 am 
Harry Vallence

Oh yes they get it.

It seems everyone gets it, except the players!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:09 am 
Geoff Southby

Scotty12000 wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
I listened to it.

Probably not so much special as self-aware, reflective and transparent?

Acknowledged publicly finals was the goal, acknowledged we failed as a club
Addressed poor performances and took accountability
Was open and transparent with the disappointment from the players and the coach
Addressed injury concerns and did say it would be looked at
Acknowledged that players need to physically adjust to Voss's combative game style and recruiting will play an important part in that
Openly acknowledged coaching style will evolve
Made it clear TDK and McKay are also long term priority signings - perhaps 6 years also in line with Charlie?

Nothing groundbreaking but along with Voss's post game presser, you can tell these guys get it, they want more and they're willing to do what it takes to get there.

Thanks for answering the question Scotty . Thats how it came across to me . No miracle cure , just a very fastidious approach to the various problems we face . Coming from Cook it sounds authoritative .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1211 ... czNzU5OQS2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next