Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: EGM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
The other good thing about EGM's is you get to roll out this picture.

You are a legend. Hilarious. Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Haven't many on TC said that the only dept that has stood the test of time during CFCs dark era has been the Board.

Now someone has come along trying for a bit of reform and there seems to be mainly ridicule.

Not me.

Collins nearly handed the keys to the AFL.
We were broke. That was since 2002? When the books were opened.
No benefactors writing off the debt back then.
We were on a drip from the AFL.

We are on our feet and fighting now.
This Board had balls, to strip us back and rebuild to bring us back to the new world.
They also paid off all debt,

They picked the wrong coach.
Hey 17 teams go through that every 3=5 years except a few like Clarkson and Scott.

Before Clarkson there was Shwab for 4 years, McDonald 1 yr, Connolly 3 years (remember him?), Judge for 3 and Knights for 2 years. None of them won a flag.
Last one before that was Joyce, 2 flags 1988 and 1991.

When it turns it turns for the better.
We've had droughts before.
We are closer thgan further to the 17th; that's what I know

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:46 pm 
Horrie Clover

It could be argued that these guys are exactly what we need.

Sayers has been involved long enough to simply be part of the issues we seem to have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Haven't many on TC said that the only dept that has stood the test of time during CFCs dark era has been the Board.

Now someone has come along trying for a bit of reform and there seems to be mainly ridicule.

Not me.

Collins nearly handed the keys to the AFL.
We were broke. That was since 2002? When the books were opened.
No benefactors writing off the debt back then.
We were on a drip from the AFL.

We are on our feet and fighting now.
This Board had balls, to strip us back and rebuild to bring us back to the new world.
They also paid off all debt,

They picked the wrong coach.
Hey 17 teams go through that every 3=5 years except a few like Clarkson and Scott.

Before Clarkson there was Shwab for 4 years, McDonald 1 yr, Connolly 3 years (remember him?), Judge for 3 and Knights for 2 years. None of them won a flag.
Last one before that was Joyce, 2 flags 1988 and 1991.

When it turns it turns for the better.
We've had droughts before.
We are closer thgan further to the 17th; that's what I know

Well said Bondi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:43 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Menzel_Mayhem wrote:
How disruptive could this be? And has one been called before? Thanks for the info.

I actually feel good about the changes, and Sayers was impressive. But we can judge this in 12 months time

Ditto. Give the new bloke a chance. I've liked what I've heard thus far, and the tone he's set for the club.

Agree they have put the Board on notice , and now wait 12 months , nothing changes at the club then ask for a spill of the Board

I don’t think the new group have anyone like sayers which could be a issue , last thing we need is a president with no idea!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

thryleon wrote:

Sayers has been involved long enough to simply be part of the issues we seem to have.

These 'guys"?
We have no idea who "these guys" are. Only one person has put his face to it and he doesn't inspire me at all.
So explain how a group of faceless nuffies could they be "exactly what we need"?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 am 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
thryleon wrote:

These 'guys"?
We have no idea who "these guys" are. Only one person has put his face to it and he doesn't inspire me at all.
So explain how a group of faceless nuffies could they be "exactly what we need"?

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same process and expect different results.

Our club has been doing lots to make changes to improve to get better.

Thing is change just means you keep doing something differently.

What Carlton needs is some stability. Decreases uncertainty, promotes unity.

Sayers has been involved at the club since 2012.

We have been the laughing stock of the competition through much of that time and was one of the people who allowed Teague to be appointed with no process the first time, ticked off on the scorched earth rebuild, and seems to be nothing but a pot stirrer.

Ive had enough of the crap. Time for real change.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I've been trying to bang Suze DeMarchi for at least 20 years but she just isn't returning my calls. So next week I'm going to sit outside her house with a bowl of cold spaghetti tipped over my head because sometimes you just need to change things up if you aren't getting the results you are after.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:09 am 
Stephen Kernahan

thryleon wrote:

thryleon wrote:

So you want stability by calling an EGM and pushing the cause of faceless nobodies?

Do you understand why I'd have concerns? Especially coming from a poster who posted 4 times in 9 years, suddenly posting 80+ times in a week, agitating for an EGM.
Maybe I've become overly sceptical in my old age. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:14 am 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
I've been trying to bang Suze DeMarchi for at least 20 years but she just isn't returning my calls. So next week I'm going to sit outside her house with a bowl of cold spaghetti tipped over my head because sometimes you just need to change things up if you aren't getting the results you are after.

Let me know how that goes, I’ve been trying to get Angelina’s attention for years

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 am 
Geoff Southby

Ok...........we all know Vince . Who are the blokes who are gonna run with him ? timing is everything and i reckon now is not the time . Let this new Prez do his thing . BUT by the same token i want to know who this alternative mob is and what they intend to do . I don't like this closed shop silence all critics business . Should all be out in the open . I gotta admit Sayers spoke well and he came over well . Also plenty of what Vince has to say is very close to the bone . Don't think Sayers should dismiss Vince outright coz Vince has been around a long time and thrown a heap of dollars into the club . I would like " em to get together and trash out there differences . Sort it out and move forward TOGETHER and UNITED ...............Nuh , now aint the time to quarrel and bicker . Nows the time to come together and move forward as one .

The Carlton Football Club . Now , Always , Forever .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
thryleon wrote:

thryleon wrote:

So you want stability by calling an EGM and pushing the cause of faceless nobodies?

Do you understand why I'd have concerns? Especially coming from a poster who posted 4 times in 9 years, suddenly posting 80+ times in a week, agitating for an EGM.

thought the same thing :fight:

Post subject: EGM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:57 am 
formerly King Kenny

thryleon wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
thryleon wrote:

These 'guys"?

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same process and expect different results.

Our club has been doing lots to make changes to improve to get better.

Thing is change just means you keep doing something differently.

Sayers has been involved at the club since 2012.

We have been the laughing stock of the competition through much of that time and was one of the people who allowed Teague to be appointed with no process the first time, ticked off on the scorched earth rebuild, and seems to be nothing but a pot stirrer.

What does real change look like? What is the plan?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:04 am 
Bob Chitty

For the greater good of the club at the moment, Vince and his followers need to back off
Firstly timing is not right. 4/8 members of the board have just been turned over. Sayers has just been installed as president, despite being on the board for a while, and is taking decisive action early. Give the newly constituted board 12 months and then reconsider if the club is still in a bad place.
Secondly present a vision for the challenge if you will make a challenge. Who will be on the ticket? Do the people have sufficient corporate governance expertise? Who will be the footy director? How will you seek to change things? Haven’t heard any of that so in my view there’s no real substance to what is going on here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:09 am 
Wayne Johnston

Heavs wrote:

If you already knew she was a pastafarian why did you wait so long before doing the obvious?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:31 am 
Geoff Southby

david31 wrote:
For the greater good of the club at the moment, Vince and his followers need to back off
Firstly timing is not right. 4/8 members of the board have just been turned over. Sayers has just been installed as president, despite being on the board for a while, and is taking decisive action early. Give the newly constituted board 12 months and then reconsider if the club is still in a bad place.
Secondly present a vision for the challenge if you will make a challenge. Who will be on the ticket? Do the people have sufficient corporate governance expertise? Who will be the footy director? How will you seek to change things? Haven’t heard any of that so in my view there’s no real substance to what is going on here

Yeah Dave , thats what i was trying to say but you put it better than me . ............agree , we need to know whats what .As fully paid up members chucking our hard earn in year in year out we are entitled to know .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:32 am 
Harry Vallence

Whether people like it or not there will be an EGM, if the required numbers per the constitution are met.

If the resolution is for a spill of all Board positions, then all current directors and those aspiring to be directors can put their hands up for election per the constitution requirements.

Then the members will vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:44 am 
Geoff Southby

Rocco Iguana wrote:
Whether people like it or not there will be an EGM, if the required numbers per the constitution are met.

If the resolution is for a spill of all Board positions, then all current directors and those aspiring to be directors can put their hands up for election per the constitution requirements.

Then the members will vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get that Roccy . Who is Vince's team ? name names .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 pm 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
thryleon wrote:

thryleon wrote:

Skepticism is fine.

Real change means pushing out those who have over seen one disaster after another and done nothing to change it.

Im come from the Carlton supporters club forum over some rather personal differences where I've been a daily contributor for quite some time, and I had the same user name there.

As for the points about stability being contradictory lets review. This mob have sacked 4 senior coaches in 10 years with the longest stint going to the biggest amateur.

As for the rest, I'm under no illusions the forums are here for people to vent, not to garner public support. Don't over rate yourself or myself. We are nobodies.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:29 pm 
Banned

Testing the board for ineptitude is normal. We have a Jack Elliot reincarnation and politician wannabe thats been on the board for 12 years - it's hilarious to think 20 years of under performance is strictly a coaching and CEO issue. Spare me - the board needs to be tested if not a spill which is highly unlikely but a test is what's needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next