Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
Another loss under Teague.

What's worse we had so many more under most of the others. Summed up our year, and our last 20 years.

Just hope something turns around as, bar a few years, it's been a rotten 20 years. The only two major highlight were beating Essendon* in a final so badly they went on to the drugs, and beating Richmond from 9th in an EF. Other than that the last 2 decades have sucked bigtime. Last 2 years have been the closest to finals since then, talking at least about them deep into the season, and even then we were always behind the 8 ball. Not alot of joy. Something has to get better, surely.

Last edited by jim on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Thought our tackling was terrible tonight

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Fisher in particular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

Same old story, I think we do have some players.
In saying that we don't have enough.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead.

My worry is the people at the top who are making bad decisions are untouchable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 pm 
Banned

#delist_all_pea_hearts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:12 pm 
Bob Chitty

Donstuie wrote:
Not our worst effort (not saying much) but still not good enough.

Farewell Eddie and Levi :thumbsup:
(and likely Teague)

Congrats to Harry McKay :thumbsup:

Thank Christ the season is now over.

Yes congrats Harry.

Was talking on the phone to big boss of my major client just before that game (in fact he hurried me off the phone to see the game) and followed the game a bit for that reason as well as to see if Harry was under any threat. At half time Hawkins 4 goals and Geelong looking pretty good (albeit off a short burst just before half time) opened the risk up a fraction, even a 3QT and pretty much the same margin and no more Hawkins goals Harry might not have been entirely safe. And the Dees did the right thing by Harry - and their fans - in the last to get over the line - that was what matters to their fans but Harry to us. And when I checked out the situation just after their siren I didn't see how it was won but obviously tight and to quote the client (after I texted him a "!") "what a finish". I texted him asking for a reminder on how they did last time they won - 1964 I queried? His response "was there as a 4 yo to see them win" - clearly a big and lifelong fan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Hopper is a jet...

I mean, it was the poor man's bison F10. But it was accessible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Go Baggers - but GWS were a class above.

they were, but i think if we had jones and harry, it may have been a different story

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Another wasted opportunity and the inevitable 5 goal run by GWS in the third quarter sealed it

Pros
Kemp looks ok
Walsh Weitering Cripps good Ed Curnow excellent
Newman was better
Another game into Durdin and Honey
Another game into TDK rucking almost 85 percent
This season is finished and big changes have to be made at the club
A better effort than last week and need to bring that sort of effort
Cons
Another game where we lost because a side got a 5 goals or more run on
Third quarter symptomatic of season
Not strong enough defensively
Did not take our opportunities early and should have been up by more at quarter time and half time

We keep playing injured players obviously Cripps not fit ridiculous
Injury to TDK

perfect summary Frank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:

Good point. It is my biggest annoyance with football- tackling or lack thereof. Players corral opponents- wait for them to make their handpass - and then attack the player with the ball who is in a more attacking position, but if you make the decision to attack the first player you prevent their chain of possessions.

Hopper dodging past 3 players to score a goal - disgraceful. Attack his hips. Forget the smother. If you attack the hips even if he kicks it it will go sideways.

Tackling would be my number 1 issue for 2022.

Next issue is what position will get the most out of the fringe players.

In 3rd quarter, GWS player treated Dow with contempt when he ran away from him out of centre squre. Now Dow might be a better option on the half-forward flank. He's playing with the big boys in the midfield and at this stage he just doesn't have it.

That draft that Dow came from wasn't great to be honest. I just reviewed it and there aren't many guns in it. So perhaps we have to be more accommodating with him. Find a position that can get his strengths going, and just realise he was a top 5 recruit in a draft year that wasn't fantastic. Some players just need to find their best position. Who would have thought Silvagni would shine in the ruck? He could even be a good ruck-rover option next year. Seems more focused than some others.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:25 pm 
Banned

bender wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Go Baggers - but GWS were a class above.

they were, but i think if we had jones and harry, it may have been a different story

Yes... but our midfield would have still been smashed. No matter if jonesey and H came into the side.
Thats where games are won and lost and we dont have the midfield.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:33 pm 
Serge Silvagni

what a sad & Disappointing year... We have made no progress what so ever!

We brought in new players to bolster our progress but they have made little difference. Saad, Williams & Martin were supposed to take us into the 8, but their talent or lack of it, made a little difference.

what is even more concerning is that many of our young players failed to progress and have a break-out year...

Dow, Obrien, Fisher, Setterfield, PS & many more had little impact and surely some of them won't be there next Year!

The only 2 Pluses are Walsh who is a super Gun, and Harry winning the Colman.

We can only dream of a Harry-Curnow combination when both are fit & firing....

Goodbye friends... cya all in 2022 :thanks: :thanks:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh, what do you think of our midfield?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

What …… only two pages :razz:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hopefully they can get rid of McGovern

Hopefully we can convince freo that fisher is elite and they will take him for Cerra

On a brighter note , we don’t have to see Teague in the box anymore and how much. He believes In this group , he can watch from a afar , he had his chance 2 and bit years and he leaves us with no game style at all

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:41 pm 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
Walsh, what do you think of our midfield?

AFL quality - it's so obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

tap in 79 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Good point. It is my biggest annoyance with football- tackling or lack thereof. Players corral opponents- wait for them to make their handpass - and then attack the player with the ball who is in a more attacking position, but if you make the decision to attack the first player you prevent their chain of possessions.

Hopper dodging past 3 players to score a goal - disgraceful. Attack his hips. Forget the smother. If you attack the hips even if he kicks it it will go sideways.

In 3rd quarter, GWS player treated Dow with contempt when he ran away from him out of centre squre. Now Dow might be a better option on the half-forward flank. He's playing with the big boys in the midfield and at this stage he just doesn't have it.

That draft that Dow came from wasn't great to be honest. I just reviewed it and there aren't many guns in it. So perhaps we have to be more accommodating with him. Find a position that can get his strengths going, and just realise he was a top 5 recruit in a draft year that wasn't fantastic. Some players just need to find their best position. Who would have thought Silvagni would shine in the ruck? He could even be a good ruck-rover option next year. Seems more focused than some others.

Umm luke Davis uniake , brayshaw , Cerra , Liam Ryan , tim kelly just to name a few out that draft

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:22 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Hopper is a jet...

I mean, it was the poor man's bison F10. But it was accessible.
I was such a poor man I headed to the Trading Post.

But got a Kyosho Tomahawk :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:38 am 
Harry Vallence

azzablue wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Umm luke Davis uniake , brayshaw , Cerra , Liam Ryan , tim kelly just to name a few out that draft

yeah, but aside from that, what have the romans ever done for us?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:52 am 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
azzablue wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

yeah, but aside from that, what have the romans ever done for us?

Wewease Bwian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:30 am 
Craig Bradley

Finally didn’t bother watching tonight and I feel much better for it. Another season down the drain with no progress. We’ve actually gone backwards. Time to switch off from footy for 6 months again and fool myself into thinking next year will be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next