Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 am 
Geoff Southby

jezzarules wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
Love to see Jarrod Schofield at Princess Park as either senior assistant or stoppages/midfield.

Hard to see it given his son is entrenched at Port but he was amazing over here with Subi, brilliant at development and nurturing young players.

An off-leash dog park in Shepparton is an outside the box application of his skill set, but why the hell not. Let’s shake things up a bit.

Why did we ever decide to name our home ground after an American musical artist?

Why doesn't this site autocorrect Princess to Princes?

Now you're thinking.
Excellent idea, mods??
That's a level of creativity we have not seen at Carlton for a very long time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:32 am 
Horrie Clover

Cain 'Teflon' Liddle will remain, very good salesman and surrounds himself with his people to protect his position.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
london blue wrote:
Love this from Teague’s press conference

“At times, there has been some media and some journalism that's just not true. Would I have loved some people from within the club to come out and back me up? Absolutely, I'm not going to lie.

“Have we nailed the process? I don't think so. I think that's clear, and I think everyone would put their hand up to that”

I’m inclined to let him see out his contract. Back him to the hilt as a board with consequences if we dont see the improvement. To his credit he has been the sole Carlton face to the media since its review began. Weak as piss from the board and management.

It's an elite environment. Not a kindergarten. As Ross Lyon said, "it's a hot, hot seat"
If Teague wanted an environment where we sit around, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, he's picked the wrong job.
We underperformed onfield, he was the lead decision maker, there has to be accountability. I've been advocating giving him more time but I'm disappointed he's playing the victim card. It demonstrates to me that he's not the right person.

Once the review was called, I don't want to see alliances or people coming out publicly to support particular individuals or areas of the club. Let the reviewers do their job without public coercion and if Teague has been competent in his role, he should have nothing to worry about.
Teague has been in the AFL system for many years. He's been a senior coach for 2 and a half seasons because he told us he's ready. If he still needs his hand held, pack his bags today.

There is a difference between needing his hand held and supporting him. Those that chose to have the review made public and did so during the season are responsible for any outcomes from that choice and therefore ensuring proper support is provided. I do not call that hand holding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

"Proper support"?
He wanted public support. For the club to come out and endorse anyone during a review of the football department would be compromising the integrity of the review. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
"Proper support"?
He wanted public support. For the club to come out and endorse anyone during a review of the football department would be compromising the integrity of the review. Just my opinion.

Letting people declare him sacked, and also replaced left him hanging out to dry though.

Fundamentally I dont care, but treating your employees like this publically is just one example of our clubs rotten culture.

We are further ahead than we used to be though. People actually want to coach us now. When Bolton took over we were uncoachable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

thryleon wrote:

Letting people declare him sacked, and also replaced left him hanging out to dry though.

When did that occur and how can we control it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

thryleon wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
"Proper support"?

Fundamentally I dont care, but treating your employees like this publically is just one example of our clubs rotten culture.

We are further ahead than we used to be though. People actually want to coach us now. When Bolton took over we were uncoachable.

Hardly letting!

Quote:
‘There was no meeting’: Angry Blues deny David Teague sacking claims

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-carlton-deny-david-teagues-sacking-fired-meeting-neil-mitchell-story-rumours-carlton-blues-coach-external-review-record-contract-press-conference-announcement/news-story/a6dd47434befac6411c83a79cc86b3c4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:18 pm 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
thryleon wrote:

When did that occur and how can we control it?

For starters we can keep in house matters in house.

The review was already mounting pressure on Teague.

It started early in the year with mounting speculation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

thryleon wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
"Proper support"?

The afl industry is a public domain , there is no hiding from anything and everyone in the industry knows this going into this environment

Scrutiny is something every coach and player goes thru , due to them being at the coal face and it has always been this way and it will never change

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

azzablue wrote:
thryleon wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
"Proper support"?

The afl industry is a public domain , there is no hiding from anything and everyone in the industry knows this going into this environment

Scrutiny is something every coach and player goes thru , due to them being at the coal face and it has always been this way and it will never change

Agree...............we were on a hiding to nothing . We would always be wrong ................there was no good way to go about this . Its the next step that bothers me coz its crucial we get it right .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heres my educated guesses...not an insider by any stretch so don't know the intimate details others would about them which would obviously need to be fleshed out in interviews and due diligence but purely from an outsider's view.

CEO - not really sure about the up and coming talent in AFL CEO world but someone who is highly regarded, or look externally outside the AFL bubble

High Performance - think we stick with Russell here with a proper coach, if rumours of Teague overruling him are true. Maybe the Lions guy who seems to be a miracle worker with hardly any injures plus rebuilding the bodies of Mccarthy, Daniher, Birchall, Cockatoo etc

Head of Football - Brad Scott or Danny Daly from Brisbane. Scott is very highly regarded at the AFL so would have some good intel / experience and I really like what Brisbane have done over the last few years with basically nailing every trade / drafting / list management decision

Senior Coach - Clarkson or Lyon though I also am a big fan of Don Pyke

Senior Assistant - Adam Kingsley, Craig Mccrae, Dean Solomon, Matthew Knights, Nigel Lappin i do like having a wiser older head around the block who has been through the trenches over the years who will be able to keep calm and bond with the rest of the coaching group when the whips are cracking. A ying to the senior coach's yang when he comes under pressure. So

Forwards Coach - Adam Yze or Jaymie Graham - both extremely highly regarded assistants that are next cabs off the rank for senior coach. What a great way to round off your apprenticeship under Ross or Clarkson (though Yze long time worked under him so maybe not)

Backline - Matthew Scarlett - credited with the unbelievable Geelong backline, mostly made of no-namers and unheralded low draft picks when drafted (Stewart, Henry, Kolod, Henderson, Bews etc)

Midfield - Daniel Giansiracusa / Matthew Boyd - both highly regarded young assistant coaches and I like midfield coaches to be somewhat recently retired palyers with modern ideas and feel for the game

Ball movement - Blake Caracella / Dean Cox - another couple who are highly regarded for their game nous / innovative ideas and deep thinking of the game

Development Coach - Luke Power and Joel Selwood or another recently retired player. I think its great value to have someone very recently retired around the place for young guys to relate to as they are coming through and are very 'current'. Shaun Burgoyne, Luke Hodge (though settled in Brisbane), Jarred McVeigh, Josh Kennedy (Sydney, if he retires) also good options

VFL coach - I think O'Keefe is doing a reasonable job so keep him, or a highly regarded up and comer from NAB League

Recruitment - Jason Taylor (Melb) or Simon Dalrymple (i think now at Sydney), both great records and nailed later draft picks too.

Thats probably become more of a 'wish list' but if we can get even a few of those I think we'd be in a far far better place going forward.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

I hear the club responded to Teague with 'Harden up, Princes'

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
I hear the club responded to Teague with 'Harden up, Princes'

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:40 am 
Rod Ashman

I would start with the CEO. Replace Liddle and then go from there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Liddle will be fine, but will likely be told to stick to the office stuff and away from football decisions.

Teague and most of the assistants (save Power and possibly O’Keefe) will be gone. Lyon and McQualter to come in.

Lloyd is well and truly cooked. Everything wrong is what’s in his portfolio. No clue who would replace him.

Austin and Russell will be given another year to prove that they’re not responsible for our injury and new recruit woes. Can’t say the same for people in their teams though.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Weitering to be made captain, with Walsh vice captain.

Cripps & Docherty need to focus on getting their bodies right and back to playing elite standard footy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:09 pm 
Bob Chitty

Agree with Don’s suggested/expected changes
Lloyd has flown under the radar as Teague has taken the vast majority of the heat but he’s performed his role arguably worse. A number of baffling decisions but not changing any assistant coaches at the end of last year takes the cake. Some are suggesting keep Teague and reshuffle the assistants, which is a more than valid suggestion, but this should have happened last year. That’s on Brad Lloyd as the head of football to recognise the need and act upon itIMO
Not sure who replaces him but this is such an important and under appreciated role. Need someone competent to assess the performance of all the parts of the footy dept and make proactive changes if and when required

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/22/ ... turn-down/

Would Clarkson keep Teaguey on as an Assistant and Mentor him if he got the job. He had ex Coaches in Ratten and Bolton back under him.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/72085/alast ... -whisperer

If Teague ever wanted the Top Job somewhere, then he might as well learn from the best.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Nick wrote:
Heres my educated guesses...not an insider by any stretch so don't know the intimate details others would about them which would obviously need to be fleshed out in interviews and due diligence but purely from an outsider's view.

CEO - not really sure about the up and coming talent in AFL CEO world but someone who is highly regarded, or look externally outside the AFL bubble

High Performance - think we stick with Russell here with a proper coach, if rumours of Teague overruling him are true. Maybe the Lions guy who seems to be a miracle worker with hardly any injures plus rebuilding the bodies of Mccarthy, Daniher, Birchall, Cockatoo etc

Head of Football - Brad Scott or Danny Daly from Brisbane. Scott is very highly regarded at the AFL so would have some good intel / experience and I really like what Brisbane have done over the last few years with basically nailing every trade / drafting / list management decision

Senior Coach - Clarkson or Lyon though I also am a big fan of Don Pyke

Senior Assistant - Adam Kingsley, Craig Mccrae, Dean Solomon, Matthew Knights, Nigel Lappin i do like having a wiser older head around the block who has been through the trenches over the years who will be able to keep calm and bond with the rest of the coaching group when the whips are cracking. A ying to the senior coach's yang when he comes under pressure. So

Forwards Coach - Adam Yze or Jaymie Graham - both extremely highly regarded assistants that are next cabs off the rank for senior coach. What a great way to round off your apprenticeship under Ross or Clarkson (though Yze long time worked under him so maybe not)

Backline - Matthew Scarlett - credited with the unbelievable Geelong backline, mostly made of no-namers and unheralded low draft picks when drafted (Stewart, Henry, Kolod, Henderson, Bews etc)

Midfield - Daniel Giansiracusa / Matthew Boyd - both highly regarded young assistant coaches and I like midfield coaches to be somewhat recently retired palyers with modern ideas and feel for the game

Ball movement - Blake Caracella / Dean Cox - another couple who are highly regarded for their game nous / innovative ideas and deep thinking of the game

Development Coach - Luke Power and Joel Selwood or another recently retired player. I think its great value to have someone very recently retired around the place for young guys to relate to as they are coming through and are very 'current'. Shaun Burgoyne, Luke Hodge (though settled in Brisbane), Jarred McVeigh, Josh Kennedy (Sydney, if he retires) also good options

VFL coach - I think O'Keefe is doing a reasonable job so keep him, or a highly regarded up and comer from NAB League

Recruitment - Jason Taylor (Melb) or Simon Dalrymple (i think now at Sydney), both great records and nailed later draft picks too.

Thats probably become more of a 'wish list' but if we can get even a few of those I think we'd be in a far far better place going forward.

I definitely like the wish list except Matthew knights

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'd like to see Chris Newman come in as an assistant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next