Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:
CEO: Ian Prendergast
CCO & General Counsel: Cleaver Greene
Vacant board seat: Norma Plummer
Director of Football: Brad Scott
Head Coach: Ross Lyon
Forwards: David Teague
Backs: Dale Amos
Midfield: Luke Power
Head of Development: Adrian Hickmott
VFL Coach: Daniel O’Keeffe
Development Coach: Eddie Betts
Development Coach: Brendon Goddard

This would be fanciful at the least given the circumstances, nor would it be a good example of culture change.
At a guess, there could also be resentment from players who spoke up if this happened.
Also I think Amos needs a change of scenery too.
Maybe add McQualter instead, along with Leppitsch, Buckley or Voss if we can.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

With assistants it’s hard to give names because a new senior coach will bring his assistants

Kingsley for senior coach
Steve J skills coach and as an assistant regardless of who coaches
Very impressive men from what I have heard
Erin Phillips to be assistant coach

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Love this from Teague’s press conference

“At times, there has been some media and some journalism that's just not true. Would I have loved some people from within the club to come out and back me up? Absolutely, I'm not going to lie.

“Have we nailed the process? I don't think so. I think that's clear, and I think everyone would put their hand up to that”

I’m inclined to let him see out his contract. Back him to the hilt as a board with consequences if we dont see the improvement. To his credit he has been the sole Carlton face to the media since its review began. Weak as piss from the board amd management.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

london blue wrote:

“At times, there has been some media and some journalism that's just not true. Would I have loved some people from within the club to come out and back me up? Absolutely, I'm not going to lie.

“Have we nailed the process? I don't think so. I think that's clear, and I think everyone would put their hand up to that”

I’m inclined to let him see out his contract. Back him to the hilt as a board with consequences if we dont see the improvement. To his credit he has been the sole Carlton face to the media since its review began. Weak as piss from the board amd management.

I was saying the same thing back when the Worsfold embarrassment was going on.

I only left Woosha off my list because I was confident he’d laugh at the idea. Fool him twice, shame on him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Scarlett and McVeigh i like................Prender and Jammo in administration somewhere Couple of highly capable smart blokes ( yeah , you mentioned them Walshy )............................reckon who gets the gig needs his own team of assistants myself . Get his own crew .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Love to see Jarrod Schofield at Princess Park as either senior assistant or stoppages/midfield.

Hard to see it given his son is entrenched at Port but he was amazing over here with Subi, brilliant at development and nurturing young players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluebo baggers wrote:
Love to see Jarrod Schofield at Princess Park as either senior assistant or stoppages/midfield.

Hard to see it given his son is entrenched at Port but he was amazing over here with Subi, brilliant at development and nurturing young players.

An off-leash dog park in Shepparton is an outside the box application of his skill set, but why the hell not. Let’s shake things up a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:09 am 
Rod Ashman

london blue wrote:

I don't like the way this has been done either. Why do a review in the middle of the year? The coaching team and players have been under the pump since then. That is not fair. Let them do their job. If the board want to have a review then do it at the end of the year and don't make a big deal of it in front of the media.

I would rather let Teague see out his term. I can't remember the last coach that had that. It wasn't Bolton. It wasn't Malthouse. It wasn't Ratten. It wasn't Pagan. It wasn't Brittain. It must have been Parko. Wow! Look at that. There's a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

london blue wrote:

I’m inclined to let him see out his contract. Back him to the hilt as a board with consequences if we dont see the improvement. To his credit he has been the sole Carlton face to the media since its review began. Weak as piss from the board and management.

It's an elite environment. Not a kindergarten. As Ross Lyon said, "it's a hot, hot seat"
If Teague wanted an environment where we sit around, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, he's picked the wrong job.
We underperformed onfield, he was the lead decision maker, there has to be accountability. I've been advocating giving him more time but I'm disappointed he's playing the victim card. It demonstrates to me that he's not the right person.

Once the review was called, I don't want to see alliances or people coming out publicly to support particular individuals or areas of the club. Let the reviewers do their job without public coercion and if Teague has been competent in his role, he should have nothing to worry about.
Teague has been in the AFL system for many years. He's been a senior coach for 2 and a half seasons because he told us he's ready. If he still needs his hand held, pack his bags today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
london blue wrote:

I’m inclined to let him see out his contract. Back him to the hilt as a board with consequences if we dont see the improvement. To his credit he has been the sole Carlton face to the media since its review began. Weak as piss from the board and management.

It's an elite environment. Not a kindergarten. As Ross Lyon said, "it's a hot, hot seat"
If Teague wanted an environment where we sit around, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, he's picked the wrong job.
We underperformed onfield, he was the lead decision maker, there has to be accountability. I've been advocating giving him more time but I'm disappointed he's playing the victim card. It demonstrates to me that he's not the right person.

Once the review was called, I don't want to see alliances or people coming out publicly to support particular individuals or areas of the club. Let the reviewers do their job without public coercion and if Teague has been competent in his role, he should have nothing to worry about.
Teague has been in the AFL system for many years. He's been a senior coach for 2 and a half seasons because he told us he's ready. If he still needs his hand held, pack his bags today.

Blue vain - clearly we have a different approach to leading people and businesses.

I only offer my experience and what’s served the teams and businesses I’ve run.

Whether Teague is the right person or not is not relevant.

In my game, responsibility sits with everyone. So in the case of the CFC, if I called the review, then I would support the commentary around its process and status with the press, particularly given the levels it has got to and the obvious impact on the field. My responsibility is to ensure my team is operating in an environment where they can perform at their very best.

And yes, the coach has his role to front up in the weekly media sessions, which I believe he has done.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
I’ve heard Dave Misson is being or has been sounded out for a role.

FMD. He's not bad at his craft. Had a really difficult gid at the Dees, but persisted.

I thought he was overseas.

I'll ask his bro.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

london blue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
london blue wrote:

Blue vain - clearly we have a different approach to leading people and businesses.

I only offer my experience and what’s served the teams and businesses I’ve run.

How I run my business is totally different to how a high performance football coach manages a team. With regard to my business, I agree with your philosophies.
But I've had several insights into high performance football programs and there is no comparison.

Within, elite level football, the delineation between administration and operations could not be more stark. If you want the same standards within business applied to AFL operational level football, you wont have a competition.
Salary cap, soft cap, working hours, direct feedback, expectations of players to perform whilst injured, often whilst masking the pain with medication. Placing your employees out in an environment where they will be assaulted by legal definition. Physically and verbally. Players will lose their jobs next week due to injuries they performed conducting their jobs. No 4 weeks notice, it's piss off mate. What's more, it will possibly be in the media before you've had a chance to tell your family. (Yes, I've seen it happen)
The game would last 10 minutes if it was operated how I manage my business and vice versa.

Look at the AFL coaches as a collective. Several are narcissistic control freaks. Usually the most successful ones.
We have players and other employees copping savage verbal abuse on a daily basis. Look at Clarkson in the coaches box.
Can that behaviour possibly be related to how i run my business? I wouldn't think so.
And Teague is no different. He has handed out some savage sprays. Does he want to be judged by normal workplace expectations when that occurs or only when it suits?

I've worked alongside a number of AFL level coaches in development programs etc. To compare how they operate to how I manage my business is unfathomable.
My opinion is also based on what I know. It's just different to what yours is. Neither is necessarily correct.
Just adding my view to the discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:34 am 
Rod Ashman

Appreciate your view and experience.

I won’t counter with my own, as we might go around in circles.

Circumstances will be different. In many environments I’ve had done some things poorly and some well.

What I know to be true, in all circumstances the common denominator is that we are dealing with human beings. Consistently for me it’s how the individual and collective are as one which has proven to be the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Some decent debate going on here.

Better check the url.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:43 am 
Geoff Southby

The Prez , The CEO , The Coach .............get that right and it all flows from there .

George and Barass . Ian Rice and Parko ( Ian Rice is the forgotten man - He was a great Prez ) Ian Collins was a great CEO in his day , Stephen Gough was superb .........go back to the Tigers Ray Dunn ,Octa Wilson , Graeme Richmond ............Frank Costa , Bomber when he was flying , Brian Cook ( what a ripper ).............Peggy , Bendo , Dimma .
You can go on and on . Get strength at the top and it flows from there . The trickle down affect .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:47 am 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Some decent debate going on here.

Better check the url.

Yeah , fantastic stuff actually.............pretty lucky here on TC to have so many wonderfull contributors . How can this club go wrong with great supporters around ............i live in hope . Reckon everyone on TC does or we wouldn't stick around .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am 
Harry Vallence

malbi wrote:
london blue wrote:

I don't like the way this has been done either. Why do a review in the middle of the year? The coaching team and players have been under the pump since then. That is not fair. Let them do their job. If the board want to have a review then do it at the end of the year and don't make a big deal of it in front of the media.

I would rather let Teague see out his term. I can't remember the last coach that had that. It wasn't Bolton. It wasn't Malthouse. It wasn't Ratten. It wasn't Pagan. It wasn't Brittain. It must have been Parko. Wow! Look at that. There's a problem.

Teague can’t see out his term , the scrutiny he was under even Before this season started has had a huge draining toll on the playing group

Imagine next year , what it would be like when we start losing , !!

The whole place needs a fresh start and there has to sacrifices and people let go to re invigorate this playing list ,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crusader wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

An off-leash dog park in Shepparton is an outside the box application of his skill set, but why the hell not. Let’s shake things up a bit.

Why did we ever decide to name our home ground after an American musical artist?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:28 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

Why did we ever decide to name our home ground after an American musical artist?

And why does my computer/phone always suggest Princess, quite the frustration, especially on here.

Last edited by Sidefx on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:

Why doesn't this site autocorrect Princess to Princes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next