Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

First order of business, to act upon the findings from the review led by Geoff Walsh, Matthew Pavlich and Graham Lowe.

Second order of business, to fend off Vince Loccisano's board challenge?!

Third order of business to rebuild the footy department.

Welcome to the top job Luke! :lol:

--

EDIT: 18/8/21

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1003156/

Quote:

THE CARLTON Football Club is pleased to announce the official commencement of Luke Sayers in the role of President.

Sayers formally begins in the role from today, having completed an extensive handover with incumbent President Mark LoGiudice, who announced earlier this year that this season would be his last after 12 years on the Board, eight of those as President.

A highly respected and successful business leader, Sayers has been a Director of the Club since 2012 and is currently the executive chairman of Sayers, a Melbourne-based investment and advisory company.

A father of four daughters, Sayers in 2019 received a Member of the Order of Australia for his significant service to business, to people with a disability, and to the community.

He recently held the position of CEO at PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia for eight years, where he provided leadership to a team of more than 700 partners and 8000 staff who partner with global, Asian and Australian businesses, governments, and entrepreneurs to help them grow and succeed.

In a letter to Carlton members, Sayers wrote that taking on the responsibility as the 31st President of the Carlton Football Club would come with a member-first and football focus.

“It is with enormous pride that I step into the role as President of the Carlton Football Club, however I do so knowing full well the responsibility I have to you, our members,” Sayers wrote.

“My overriding priority as I enter this role is the performance of our men’s and women’s football teams.

“We must never forget our core business. It is doing everything in our power to win games of football, to playing finals, and to put ourselves in a position to win premierships. That has to be our singular focus.

“Along with my fellow Directors and with the support of our staff, players and coaches, we will not shy away from our responsibility to improve the Club’s results on the field, to ensure they match the significant achievements we have made off it.

“My commitment, as the 31st President of this football club, is to ensure we do what is required to deliver on that responsibility.

Sayers has led the process of the Club’s independent review of the Football Department, saying the review was commissioned on the basis that the Club iIs not satisfied with on-field performance and owes it to club members and supporters to leave no stone unturned to improve the Club’s performance.

“For this reason, on 8 June, we commenced an independent review of our Football Department. This review was commissioned on the basis that as a football club, we are not satisfied with our on-field performance and we owe it to our members and supporters to conduct a process to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

“The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Sayers also acknowledged veterans Marc Murphy, Eddie Betts and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club in season 2021.

“I’d like to also take this opportunity to acknowledge club champions Marc Murphy (300 games), Eddie Betts, who will this weekend play an incredible 350 games, and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club this season after stellar careers in the Navy Blue. I wish them nothing but the best for the next chapters of their lives and thank them for everything they have contributed to our club, both on and off the field.”

“As a lifelong Carlton supporter, becoming President of our club is a huge honour, and I have a profound appreciation of my obligation to you and our club’s history. I look forward to sharing the journey with you and rising to this challenge.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:27 am 
Wayne Johnston

If he doesn’t get number 17 he will be remembered as another failure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

sakc

(first!)

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am 
Harry Vallence

camel wrote:
First order of business, to act upon the findings from the review led by Geoff Walsh, Matthew Pavlich and Graham Lowe.

Second order of business, to fend off Vince Loccisano's board challenge?!

Third order of business to rebuild the footy department.

Welcome to the top job Luke! :lol:

First order of business before anything is rebuild a footy dept... that’s is top priority

Too many before him are focused on the back room stuff which Is bs ,
You fix the footy dept and all challenges internally and externally go away immediately

Focus on getting this football club WINS!! On the field

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What's Vince COlossimo got to do with all this?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:02 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crisis actor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:

Curls win the girls.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

He speaks

[quote=“Luke Sayers”]Dear Donstuie

It is a great privilege to be able to write to you for the first time, having now officially commenced as President of your football club.

Today I completed an extensive handover with Mark LoGiudice, who announced earlier this year that this season would be his last. We thank Mark for his service to the Club, both as President for eight years and for his 12 years on the Board.

It is with enormous pride that I step into the role as President of the Carlton Football Club, however I do so knowing full well the responsibility I have to you, our members, and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support of the Club.

My overriding priority as I enter this role is the performance of our men’s and women’s football teams.

We must never forget our core business. It is doing everything in our power to win games of football, to play finals, and to put ourselves in a position to win premierships. That has to be our singular focus.

For this reason, on 8 June, we commenced an independent review of our Football Department. This review was commissioned on the basis that as a football club, we are not satisfied with our on-field performance and we owe it to our members and supporters to conduct a process to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Along with my fellow Directors and with the support of our staff, players and coaches, we will not shy away from our responsibility to improve the Club’s results on the field, to ensure they match the significant achievements we have made off it.

My commitment, as the 31st President of this football club, is to ensure we do what is required to deliver on that responsibility.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to acknowledge club champions Marc Murphy (300 games), Eddie Betts, who will this weekend play an incredible 350 games, and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club this season after stellar careers in the Navy Blue. I wish them nothing but the best for the next chapters of their lives and thank them for everything they have contributed to our club, both on and off the field.

I also hope you and your families are all keeping safe and well as we once again navigate through the challenges of a COVID environment. My thoughts are with all of our Carlton members who are impacted as a result of the latest lockdowns across the country.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter, becoming President of our club is a huge honour, and I have a profound appreciation of my obligation to you and our club’s history. I look forward to sharing the journey with you and rising to this challenge.

Luke Sayers
President
Member ID: 2908822[/quote]

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
Crisis actor

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
He speaks

[quote=“Luke Sayers”]Dear Donstuie

It is a great privilege to be able to write to you for the first time, having now officially commenced as President of your football club.

Today I completed an extensive handover with Mark LoGiudice, who announced earlier this year that this season would be his last. We thank Mark for his service to the Club, both as President for eight years and for his 12 years on the Board.

It is with enormous pride that I step into the role as President of the Carlton Football Club, however I do so knowing full well the responsibility I have to you, our members, and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support of the Club.

My overriding priority as I enter this role is the performance of our men’s and women’s football teams.

We must never forget our core business. It is doing everything in our power to win games of football, to play finals, and to put ourselves in a position to win premierships. That has to be our singular focus.

For this reason, on 8 June, we commenced an independent review of our Football Department. This review was commissioned on the basis that as a football club, we are not satisfied with our on-field performance and we owe it to our members and supporters to conduct a process to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Along with my fellow Directors and with the support of our staff, players and coaches, we will not shy away from our responsibility to improve the Club’s results on the field, to ensure they match the significant achievements we have made off it.

My commitment, as the 31st President of this football club, is to ensure we do what is required to deliver on that responsibility.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to acknowledge club champions Marc Murphy (300 games), Eddie Betts, who will this weekend play an incredible 350 games, and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club this season after stellar careers in the Navy Blue. I wish them nothing but the best for the next chapters of their lives and thank them for everything they have contributed to our club, both on and off the field.

I also hope you and your families are all keeping safe and well as we once again navigate through the challenges of a COVID environment. My thoughts are with all of our Carlton members who are impacted as a result of the latest lockdowns across the country.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter, becoming President of our club is a huge honour, and I have a profound appreciation of my obligation to you and our club’s history. I look forward to sharing the journey with you and rising to this challenge.

Luke Sayers
President
Member ID: 2908822
[/quote]

So he is member :wink:
“Summarised”
Love that bit
Mate you have been part of the board for 9 years
Can you explain what you have done to contribute to the mess we are in?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:58 pm 
John Nicholls

I've never sat on a board, but I have worked as an advisor and subject matter expert in multiple tender procurement process, sector governance panels, and presented to board of directors.

Sayers *may* have been a dissenting voice or simply been playing the part until opportunity arose to take more control. Plenty of talented people sit on boards but aren't quite in position to do much until opportunity for progression arises (or board sentiment changes)

I won't judge his efforts personally until he's had time to make his mark. He was right to launch the external review when he did, rather than end of year. Big call, but in retrospect I feel it will prove to be the right one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:59 pm 
John Nicholls

(unless anyone here has access to board minutes, it's impossible to know who said what and who was responsible for what, and who voted which way)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
(unless anyone here has access to board minutes, it's impossible to know who said what and who was responsible for what, and who voted which way)

Yep agree but maybe some acknowledgment of the board’s failings which he has been part of regardless of his position wouldn’t go astray
And as he would know you make a review so public will have a toxic effect on the working environment
It could have been kept in-house far more

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:09 pm 
John Nicholls

If he wants a board that participates and backs him in, the last thing he would want to be doing is potting them with his opening remarks. Maybe for once we have someone who is astute...?

I agree with your sentiments on the review going public. Again, giving benefit of the doubt, it's better than it "leaking" and going into damage control. Innit?

I liked that he was going to communicate the findings to members first. (Hopefully not at the expense of people who will lose jobs. They need to know first.) Dunno how that will actually work but looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:17 pm 
Horrie Clover

keogh wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Yep agree but maybe some acknowledgment of the board’s failings which he has been part of regardless of his position wouldn’t go astray
And as he would know you make a review so public will have a toxic effect on the working environment

We will never really know but maybe making the review public was a deliberate decision to shake the joint up.

I'd love to believe that internally he could see how poorly the club have operated in some areas and making the review public was a way to clean house.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Interesting to note that he becomes the 31st president of the club.
We all know what happened when the last number 31 came across.
We can only hope.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Get ready Teddy!

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BIBI01 wrote:
keogh wrote:
robertbb wrote:

We will never really know but maybe making the review public was a deliberate decision to shake the joint up.

I'd love to believe that internally he could see how poorly the club have operated in some areas and making the review public was a way to clean house.

Maybe he wasn't impressed with the Board Member directly overseeing the Football Dept. I think his name was Judd. Chris Judd.