Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
Pull Up ! all of you .Just pull up.Atrocious................kids,gay's,perversion. Talkin" about this sorta stuff on a footy site is crazy.Reaching an all time low for mine.

I’m guessing you’ve never ventured into the Talking Stuff part of TC Mick... :yikes:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:52 am 
Banned

sinbagger wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rubbish - people need to accept some people just have standards on how they want to live and refuse to intake anything shoved down their throat unwillingly.

I want my children to have a healthy family life not being subjugated by pervert media constantly shoved down a child's throat.

If I could have a way to censor perversions I would.

Wow, you are a seriously dangerous individual with major issues. What a disgusting attitude to have towards other people based on their sexuality.

The fact that you have kids that you are teaching this shit to is the most alarming.

Think about what will happen if one of them turns out to gay. Sounds like it's time for reflection before you dig yourself any deeper.

If one of them turn gay then would love them all the same but prefer if they make their own choice rather than being persuaded by sick pervert media.

Quote:
One of the federal government’s most vocal critics of the ABC — who claims it is biased and pushing an increasingly “woke” agenda — has admitted he doesn’t actually watch it.

Is this you Walsh?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 58fil.html

No but I think families should have a voice -more than recalcitrant agenda driven half bit journalist wannabe idiots.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Pull Up ! all of you .Just pull up.Atrocious................kids,gay's,perversion. Talkin" about this sorta stuff on a footy site is crazy.Reaching an all time low for mine.

I’m guessing you’ve never ventured into the Talking Stuff part of TC Mick... :yikes:

Nah , never go there . I"m here to talk footy and nothing but footy . Fine to talk about that sorta stuff over there where it's appropriate, but keep it out of this part of the world .............

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
GWS wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Nah , never go there . I"m here to talk footy and nothing but footy . Fine to talk about that sorta stuff over there where it's appropriate, but keep it out of this part of the world .............

You’ll probably live longer as a result. :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:

Agree 100% Mick.

Although it does provide some insight into the weird way some of the posters' minds work, which then helps you put their footy-related posts into context.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:48 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Walsh wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Rubbish - people need to accept some people just have standards on how they want to live and refuse to intake anything shoved down their throat unwillingly.

I want my children to have a healthy family life not being subjugated by pervert media constantly shoved down a child's throat.

If I could have a way to censor perversions I would.

Wow, you are a seriously dangerous individual with major issues. What a disgusting attitude to have towards other people based on their sexuality.

The fact that you have kids that you are teaching this shit to is the most alarming.

Think about what will happen if one of them turns out to gay. Sounds like it's time for reflection before you dig yourself any deeper.

If one of them turn gay then would love them all the same but prefer if they make their own choice rather than being persuaded by sick pervert media.

Quote:
One of the federal government’s most vocal critics of the ABC — who claims it is biased and pushing an increasingly “woke” agenda — has admitted he doesn’t actually watch it.

Is this you Walsh?

No but I think families should have a voice -more than recalcitrant agenda driven half bit journalist wannabe idiots.

Surely in a democracy families have more voice than individuals?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:50 pm 
Banned

sinbagger wrote:

Quote:

Is this you Walsh?

No but I think families should have a voice -more than recalcitrant agenda driven half bit journalist wannabe idiots.[/quote]

Surely in a democracy families have more voice than individuals?[/quote]

Please don't go there. I hate politics and hate it even more in high performance sports.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What a time to be alive

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:30 pm 
Garry Crane

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but can any expert explain the following?
Last week JSOS competed in 54 ruck contests and he had 6 clearances. Three of these were centre clearances where Jack attended 20 centre bounces. The team broke even on overall stoppage clearances and lost centre clearances by two. Jack was widely acknowledged as being best on ground.

This week JSOS attended 12 ruck contests for a total of 1 clearance. He only attended one centre bounce.
The team lost centre clearances 12-8 and stoppage clearances 30-22. Pretty much a smashing around the ball. Granted TDK was available all game but what am I missing here? Was Jack injured? I couldn't stand Underwood's commentary so I had the volume down and as such I may have missed them mentioning this? Even if TDK was taking centre bounce ruck work why wasn't JSOS thrown in and around the ball more frequently given his appetite for the contest and his success last week?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

In the end all we had to do was properly try against North and the Gold Coast and we'd likely play finals. That was it, it was that simple. That is as frustrating as it gets. What AFL player in his right mind doesn't care about finals. At least last year we could blame choking in the last qtr against Collingwood and GWS in consecutive games as to why we missed out, but this year a complete lack of effort. Amazing with our "efforts" as that we have 8 wins, and lots of very competitive scoreboard losses. I use "scoreboard losses" as alot of those effort were terrible too. What a waste!

Last edited by jim on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:08 pm 
Banned

Its been a very productive year - hopefully the club has finally realised where our weaknesses are and finally do something about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mil Hanna wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Agree 100% Mick.

Although it does provide some insight into the weird way some of the posters' minds work, which then helps you put their footy-related posts into context.

So true.................i actually value the opinion's of these blokes ( yeah , Walsh included ) When talking about footy these blokes are great . Very knowledgable , although very different . But that other stuff makes me wanna heave my guts out..........i might be old fashioned BUT........ .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
You watch this team long enough you start to see the signs.

Pro:

Got on the bike about half way through the 2nd and went and rode loops of Albert park through the drizzle until it got dark.
Then came home, put a roast in the oven and watched mortal kombat movie.
The roast came out pretty good. A little on the dry side but that's on me - I didn't get up to turn it over.
Sweet potato a little on the hard side too but nothing a little Himalayan rock salt can't fix.
Movie was atrocious but still entertaining. Unlike Carlton who weren't even entertaining.
A few shots of the Hemp Vodka from Gippsland rounded things out nicely

Con:

Us. It's you and I. We've been conned into loving this club.

Gosh Rob, you've floored me.

We are in love. Love is Blind.

What did they coach all of last summer whilst we were buying Memberships, dreaming and believing us finally making finals?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Walsh is one weird cat. Needs to get off the piss and stop posting on here after his 3rd bottle of plonk

I like Walsy.

I agree with half the footy stuff he says.

Like all of us he has his bias opinions...sometimes ambiguities appear, and I know he's just angry.

Makes the site richer, and gives us some food for thought.

Like Mickstar said just drop the politics on this footy site, and it will continue to be a great sounding board.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

TheDenominator wrote:
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but can any expert explain the following?
Last week JSOS competed in 54 ruck contests and he had 6 clearances. Three of these were centre clearances where Jack attended 20 centre bounces. The team broke even on overall stoppage clearances and lost centre clearances by two. Jack was widely acknowledged as being best on ground.

This week JSOS attended 12 ruck contests for a total of 1 clearance. He only attended one centre bounce.
The team lost centre clearances 12-8 and stoppage clearances 30-22. Pretty much a smashing around the ball. Granted TDK was available all game but what am I missing here? Was Jack injured? I couldn't stand Underwood's commentary so I had the volume down and as such I may have missed them mentioning this? Even if TDK was taking centre bounce ruck work why wasn't JSOS thrown in and around the ball more frequently given his appetite for the contest and his success last week?

Should have.

TDK was being outsmarted ny their 193cm ruckman. SOS would have smashed him.

SOS= smart footballer
TDK = still learning to compete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Apart from rucking couldn’t we have put him in the midfield to get clearances in any case or to change it up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Its been a very productive year - hopefully the club has finally realised where our weaknesses are and finally do something about it.

The season hasn't finished yet.

But with Port and GWS left to play, I don't think we will win anymore games. Both of those teams really want to play finals and don't fear them.

I really haven't enjoyed this year. I feel we have gone backwards TBH

2020 we lost games we led by a lot during the first half, or fought back in the last

2019 we lost 4 games by less than a goal and 3 games less than 2 goals, and we showed a lot of promise.

IMO we started to look like a destination club by the end of 2019, and by the end of last year, we felt we needed to add some speed and did.

This year was promising, but we still haven't won more than 2 in a row, and our efforts in too many games has been questionable.

I have more questions about our coach and our list, and therefore our shor term future than previous 2 years.

Nah, this year had all the promise in the world, only for those promises to be broken.

Yesterday we had our best team in for the year, with only 5 of our best 22 out injured, like other teams: Marchbank, Docherty, Williams Cuningham and Pittonet.

We lost to a team that got smashed by more than 100 points last week, with younger kids than us on every line.

How does the club know what our weaknesses are? We haven't improved on last year...oh you mean the Review? I get it. Yes, thank goodness for that, we need to know more and do something about our predicament. We are in an awful state. A laughing stock. Insignificant. An easy target.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:51 pm 
Banned

We should always expect to play finals with knowledge that we have come from a long way back - 2019 we were last for 75% of the season

2020 we had no facilities to train players with a new coach.

It would help if Cripps, Charlie and Doc are back to their best next season knocking down AA doors or top 10 B&F type seasons.

It's not all lost to me as we have unearthed talent and depth and others have found to be wanting and short on AFL quality.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
We should always expect to play finals with knowledge that we have come from a long way back - 2019 we were last for 75% of the season

2020 we had no facilities to train players with a new coach.

It would help if Cripps, Charlie and Doc are back to their best next season knocking down AA doors or top 10 B&F type seasons.

It's not all lost to me as we have unearthed talent and depth and others have found to be wanting and short on AFL quality.

I am usually a glass half full and being an ex Marketing man I know how to spin, but its a mess Walshy.

They players don't believe or don't understand the system and the coaches game plan is not workable.

Yeah I know there's pea hearts in the team, but honestly I can clearly see the confusion. I looked for it after someone from the inside told me.

Teague is in over his head mate. He's lost the players. They look worse than they are. Rudderless.

It will turn around with a new coach, like it did for Effendrugdon*: one who knows what he's doing. They were a joke last year, till Worsforld was moved on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:00 pm 
Banned

Dont compare us with the scum they have a gun midfield probably top five in competition type midfield.

Its the other parts of the ground where they are lacking top enders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next