Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
Apart from rucking couldn’t we have put him in the midfield to get clearances in any case or to change it up

Absolutely

We had a 2 headed dragon to kick to. All we needed was someone with a bit of desire to win the hard ball, and a midfield coach to plan the exit strategy. SOS ia a big body and more agile than Cripps and Kennedy.

Nothing was working right from the start.

It was NM all over again in the first half, and same in the second half: 8 goals to 3.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

I’m regrettably comparing our coach to theirs and I’ve got to say our boy in terms of game plan and being able to get our team up more than 1 in every 3 games pales into comparison and you don’t know how much that hurts me to say

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
I’m regrettably comparing our coach to theirs and I’ve got to say our boy in terms of game plan and being able to get our team up more than 1 in every 3 games pales into comparison and you don’t know how much that hurts me to say

Its hurting all of us Frank, especially those who have watched our club rise from 68 and sit at the top of the tree for 3 decades, as a revered sporting icon, envied by all, only to watch this mess unfold and endure it for 20 years.

At least we can see that when you hit the bottom of the barrel, just as the druggies did after the end of the season from hell, there's a chance to turn the tables, with a good coach: someone who knows what they are doing.

I have hope ... if we get the right coach. An uncompromising one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agreed and I would argue that Sayers is finally the right choice as President
In my view we haven’t had a good President since Collo and we desperately need one now

The next bit of the puzzle is a bloody good coach who is as you say uncompromising

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

Its hurting all of us Frank, especially those who have watched our club rise from 68 and sit at the top of the tree for 3 decades, as a revered sporting icon, envied by all, only to watch this mess unfold and endure it for 20 years.

At least we can see that when you hit the bottom of the barrel, just as the druggies did after the end of the season from hell, there's a chance to turn the tables, with a good coach: someone who knows what they are doing.

I have hope ... if we get the right coach. An uncompromising one.

So true Bondi / Frank it's hurting and performances like yesterday (and some others this year) are an insult to the guys that gave a damn during those 3 decades.

Liked your comment Bondi - " .......All we needed was someone with a bit of desire to win the hard ball ......". Just any desire would be a good start.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

Gold Coast get another priority pick this year I think.
Is that right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

frank dardew wrote:
Agreed and I would argue that Sayers is finally the right choice as President
In my view we haven’t had a good President since Collo and we desperately need one now

The next bit of the puzzle is a bloody good coach who is as you say uncompromising

Don’t start me on Collo, Frank. :garthp:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 pm 
Banned

Yeah Collo was a parasite and traitor really.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

& a pervert

(kidding)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is the first time all season it's really hurt, for me. I've avoided the media for most of the day because I just can't cop it right now, listened to JJJ instead. At least you just know they'll never talk footy :lol:

Realised today that prior to this I was just numb to it. The Port loss we looked flat but also thought we played against a super well drilled side. The Dogs game was just one giant WTF just happened type moment. North, well we were pretty undermanned that day.

But yesterday we named a good squad & were playing a side that's been living in hotels for god knows how long, just lost by 15 goals last week, & had no finals to play for.

We are rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
This is the first time all season it's really hurt, for me. I've avoided the media for most of the day because I just can't cop it right now, listened to JJJ instead. At least you just know they'll never talk footy :lol:

Realised today that prior to this I was just numb to it. The Port loss we looked flat but also thought we played against a super well drilled side. The Dogs game was just one giant WTF just happened type moment. North, well we were pretty undermanned that day.

But yesterday we named a good squad & were playing a side that's been living in hotels for god knows how long, just lost by 15 goals last week, & had no finals to play for.

We are rubbish.

Rubbish and Flakey!!!

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Surrey when you have Walsh supporting you you know you are on the wrong side of the argument

We would not have a football club without collo -Did he do everything right no
Did he save the Carlton football club after Elliott killed it yes he did and I for one are very grateful if he wasn’t president then we would have gone under
Others at the time we’re going to throw in the keys to the AFL Collo was the main person with the force of personality stood firm and we survived

And before you say that is myth I know this first hand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:28 pm 
Banned

Bahhh.. so many lambs.

Collo was CEO of Docklands and President of Carlton.

Attendance breakeven at Docklands was 33k and breakeven at MCG was 25k..... yet he took us on a long highway to double down on debt to appease his agenda and quotas as CEO of Docklands.

Scum of a man.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

frank dardew wrote:
Surrey when you have Walsh supporting you you know you are on the wrong side of the argument

We would not have a football club without collo -Did he do everything right no
Did he save the Carlton football club after Elliott killed it yes he did and I for one are very grateful if he wasn’t president then we would have gone under
Others at the time we’re going to throw in the keys to the AFL Collo was the main person with the force of personality stood firm and we survived

And before you say that is myth I know this first hand

:thumbsup:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:38 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
CK95 wrote:

We are rubbish.

Rubbish and Flakey!!!

Rubbish BECAUSE we're flakey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
Rubbish and Flakey!!!

Sadly, we have been for years mate.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:16 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Its been a very productive year - hopefully the club has finally realised where our weaknesses are and finally do something about it.

The season hasn't finished yet.

But with Port and GWS left to play, I don't think we will win anymore games. Both of those teams really want to play finals and don't fear them.

I really haven't enjoyed this year. I feel we have gone backwards TBH

2020 we lost games we led by a lot during the first half, or fought back in the last

2019 we lost 4 games by less than a goal and 3 games less than 2 goals, and we showed a lot of promise.

IMO we started to look like a destination club by the end of 2019, and by the end of last year, we felt we needed to add some speed and did.

This year was promising, but we still haven't won more than 2 in a row, and our efforts in too many games has been questionable.

I have more questions about our coach and our list, and therefore our shor term future than previous 2 years.

Nah, this year had all the promise in the world, only for those promises to be broken.

Yesterday we had our best team in for the year, with only 5 of our best 22 out injured, like other teams: Marchbank, Docherty, Williams Cuningham and Pittonet.

We lost to a team that got smashed by more than 100 points last week, with younger kids than us on every line.

How does the club know what our weaknesses are? We haven't improved on last year...oh you mean the Review? I get it. Yes, thank goodness for that, we need to know more and do something about our predicament. We are in an awful state. A laughing stock. Insignificant. An easy target.

This post is absolutely spot on Bondi. It really resonates with me - especially coming from a supporter who always sees it as a glass half full.

Apart from Walsh, McKay, Weitering and Stocker having brilliant years, I can't really think of anything that has given me confidence or made me excited about the future of this club.

We are mentally weak, inept, poorly coached and a complete and utter laughing stock of the competition. We are at rock bottom when we should be making our charge towards No. 17. Sad state of affairs indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Really interested in how many freeby members are going to sign back up. Reckon ol Cain might be looking to jump ship because I can see this year's 'record' membership going down with a bullet

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:29 am 
formerly King Kenny

Heavs wrote:
Really interested in how many freeby members are going to sign back up. Reckon ol Cain might be looking to jump ship because I can see this year's 'record' membership going down with a bullet

New football department, new players, no key injuries going into next year is a good campaign to keep membership high.

Only issue will be COVID. People are hurting financially, again, so let’s see what impact this has on disposable income and memberships next year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Was there ever metrics on how many this year were free? I know the bride and me both have free ones as the kids 'invired us' with theirs as a thank you for last year or something. No way I'm paying for one. My oldest is pretty much onto the Giants now so that's another less. I'm sure we arent outliers.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next