Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:28 am 
Rod Ashman

I am perversely enjoying the way Carlton is currently owning our own approach irrespective of the media narrative.
We have clearly mapped out a schedule of announcements- so far this week pretty much one per day.
It may be true that not everything is going as everyone had hoped (eg Clarkson, possibly Lyon*) but we have no option but to roll with the punches and move on to other contingencies which we are doing.
I think that a month from now, we will be looking pretty solid.

* I believe that the Lyon thing went more to our plan than it appears. No proof or inside knowledge, but reading between the lines I think it was made clear to Ross that he was no shoo-in and would have to overcome existing Board opposition which is when/why he suddenly pulled out.

PS. ‘Perversely’ because I am hanging for this to be resolved ASAP yet enjoying the delay at the same time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 am 
Rod Ashman

Yes it is nice there are no more leaks. So far Sayers is walking the talk.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:35 am 
John James

17th Premiership wrote:
I am perversely enjoying the way Carlton is currently owning our own approach irrespective of the media narrative.
We have clearly mapped out a schedule of announcements- so far this week pretty much one per day.
It may be true that not everything is going as everyone had hoped (eg Clarkson, possibly Lyon*) but we have no option but to roll with the punches and move on to other contingencies which we are doing.
I think that a month from now, we will be looking pretty solid.

* I believe that the Lyon thing went more to our plan than it appears. No proof or inside knowledge, but reading between the lines I think it was made clear to Ross that he was no shoo-in and would have to overcome existing Board opposition which is when/why he suddenly pulled out.

PS. ‘Perversely’ because I am hanging for this to be resolved ASAP yet enjoying the delay at the same time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Imagine telling your mates you're a journalist nowadays, you'd be shunned.

Yeah. Read the article. "Carlton has been dealt a devastating blow" from the journo.

From Scott "never had discussions" (with Carlton)

Now that journo would get a fail in a primary school essay.
Read between the lines.....
We're such a shambles...
we were going to appoint him after Lyon flicked us off, so we asked Collingwood to organise it for us, but our mobile phone ran out of battery when Collingwood were trying to confirm the start date for Scott so he had to take the AFL job.....

Got it?

Seriously, I HATE speculation and gossip wrapped as journalism.... Journalists are a critical part of our society.... Sports journalists are... errrm... aarrr.. .... I'd better not say....

Go Blues

They are not journalists

Journalists present facts, and are not bias...they do not offer opinions.

Sports jocks start rumours and try and screw people's lives for a headline.

Scum of the earth....sicken me.
Correct Bondi....

And yes... They have no idea about the effect of gossip /innuendo et... Only surpassed by the consumers of that rubbish

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Just for the record, I’m moving further away from Clarkson as my preference.
Although he is clearly the most accomplished coach, I’m not convinced his heart is in it if we need to be making such an effort to persuade him. And I think he won’t be at his best in any event without a bit of a break.

My preference is now for Pyke or any of the top assistants (Yvette, Kingsley, Gia) who prove themselves capable by winning the process which, with Parkin, Williams and now Cook, will be an effective process.

(If we do end up with Clarkson, I won’t be disappointed at all - just cautious about whether it will work, until I see the results…).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:10 am 
formerly King Kenny

My tip is we have our coach, and now interviewing for his senior assistant, with a Roos type arrangement in place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 am 
Bruce Doull

The Normal One wrote:
My tip is we have our coach, and now interviewing for his senior assistant, with a Roos type arrangement in place.

This would be my preference, but I feel that it's unlikely.

Even if the rumours are true that Clarkson didn't get in the course in the US that he wanted, he'll have plum meedya gigs rolling up to his doorstep.

I'm thinking Kingsley or Gia are most likely.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:05 am 
Bruce Doull

The Normal One wrote:
Yeah quite possibly. That wouldn't surprise or disappoint me if that was the case

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:43 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:

Who plays Roos is this scenario?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:58 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jezzarules wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

Who plays Roos is this scenario?

Looking at potential candidates, other than Roos himself, not sure anyone else would tick all the boxes.
Clarko would tick most of them. With his teaching background in particular, he'd be well suited. However, not sure he'd be prepared to come in for 2 or 3 years and then ride off into the sunset. Reckon if he coached again, he'd be looking at a long term gig. Could be wrong though.
Roos is an interesting character no doubt, but has been proven successful in that role. Would we be interested and would we sound him out? Would he be interested?

In short, unless Clarko is fully invested in playing the "Roos role", not sure this would be a viable option.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton- ... -c-3998063

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

I saw 'Tom Browne' and immediately disregarded that story.

If someone with credibility confirms it, I'll pay attention.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coaching-race-down-to-two-candidates-but-late-curveball-looms-large-c-3998063

Interesting that they've advanced the search that quickly given only just started interviewing.
Am warming to the idea of Kingsley. If Voss, I would hope he has learnt a lot from his time at Port.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
jim wrote:
https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-coaching-race-down-to-two-candidates-but-late-curveball-looms-large-c-3998063

Interesting that they've advanced the search that quickly given only just started interviewing.
Am warming to the idea of Kingsley. If Voss, I would hope he has learnt a lot from his time at Port.

Tom Browne better be right as I just put money on Kingsley at $10...lol.

Last edited by jim on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
jim wrote:

Tom Browne better be right as I just put money on Kingsley ay $10...lol.

Fingers crossed Jim.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

rhino27 wrote:
jim wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
jim wrote:

Tom Browne better be right as I just put money on Kingsley ay $10...lol.

Fingers crossed Jim.
Thanks, let's hope!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

For no rational reason, I don’t want Voss.

There. I said it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm the same ABNS. Something about him just says good assistant, sure. But no so senior coach.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

I still think of him as Crazy Vossy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

If these are the final choices the meedya no doubt have their “they wanted an experienced coach and they all rejected them” (if it’s Kingsley) and “they could only get a has-been who once destroyed a club” (Voss) narratives ready.

#GUILTY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next