Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:19 pm 
formerly BlueRob

bondiblue wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Carlton are looking for an experienced coach only so forget about assistants that have not coached at senior level. FWIW, my preferred order is:

1. Clarkson
2. Lyon
3. C Scott
4. Buckley
5. Voss
6. M Williams
99. Pyke
100. Madhouse

Madhouse made BBW's list...FMD, the sky is falling

I'm curious why Pyke is 99?

Haha

Well maybe 99 was a bit of an exaggeration. I always thought he was a very conservative coach ... unwilling to take risks. Then of course there was the big mistake he made with his playing list that put the players off-side. Adelaide became a bit of a rabble in his final year. Its not that I have a lot against him, I just don't have a lot for him. I would be disappointed if he got the job.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:27 pm 
Banned

Lyon, Voss and Choco also turned the playing group into a rabble. Buckley withdrew by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
maybe post lockdown we could have a pub meeting? It has been a lonnnnnnnng time.

What! and listen to you and London Blue tell each other how much love you have for each other's keyboard eloquence?

I can't wait to get down to Melbourne: Centre of the Universe...well Princes Park is to be precise.

Never known you to be the jealous type BB :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

According to Ch.7 we are interviewing Voss, Kingsley and Gia this week.

Good to see we are looking at first timers. After all, they have won all, bar a few, of the flags this century. Just have to pick the right one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

@Bondi - it’s sad, but I’ve been on these forums longer then most and I actually started on TBV, before we migrated to TC. I’m also pretty sure I was one of the very first to join theblueview. Scary!!!
I remember most changes, including the uproar between the owner of the TBV and the mods here. Some here know what I’m referring too. It makes me sad that quality posters over time have moved on but I don’t blame them. People won’t like this but the very reason I haven’t socially interacted with others from these forums, is that IMO, posters become close and posting follows that trend. One thing I have learnt over time, post your thoughts and let it be. Not worth going over and over the same, even though that is bloody hard to do but post what you truly believe, whether that is right or wrong, as long as it’s what you believe or is in fact what you know.

Sometimes I feel it’s time to walk away and do myself and family a favour, but I admit, the only reason I’m probably still posting, is that if I leave these forums, I want to go out with a CFC premiership. I think that might actually be the day that i will be able to close this chapter. I feel it needs closing in such a way, so I’m holding firm as much as I can. Hopefully that day will be sooner rather than later. Needs to be.

How’s that for a personal rant. :razz:

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
TC is a Carlton FC institution, despite its boutique size, its a quick read, not much non footy crap (like my post now), and relevant.

Hey waddya mean....the non footy crap's the only reason I come here :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

PS. Good post bondi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Giansiracusa a candidate for Carlton coaching job
Jake Niall
By Jake Niall
September 14, 2021 — 7.44pm

Essendon* assistant coach and former Bulldog Daniel Giansiracusa will be interviewed by Carlton as part of the club’s expanded search for a new senior coach.

Giansiracusa is among several candidates whom the Blues are set to speak with in the coming days, as the club’s five-member panel looks for the right person to replace David Teague.
Daniel Giansiracusa has emerged as a candidate for the Carlton job.

Daniel Giansiracusa has emerged as a candidate for the Carlton job.Credit:Getty Images

Giansiracusa currently coaches Essendon*’s back line and team defence and has impressed the Bombers with his acumen and relationships with players.

That Giansiracusa has been invited into the Carlton process is a sign that the club is willing to look at a variety of candidates, with different levels of experience. The Blues were keen to speak with ex-North Melbourne coach Brad Scott, and have been in touch with Port Adelaide senior assistant and ex-Brisbane Lions senior coach Michael Voss, while Richmond’s highly rated assistant Adam Kingsley – who went deep in the Collingwood search that settled on Craig McRae – is another whom industry sources said the Blues would sound out.

Giansiracusa, 39, made a positive impression when he presented for the North Melbourne senior coaching job in 2020, with the job going to the more seasoned David Noble as Rhyce Shaw’s replacement. He coached as an assistant with his old team the Bulldogs from 2015 until the end of 2019 before joining Essendon* as a key lieutenant to Ben Rutten.

Geelong insiders say that their coach Chris Scott is committed to coaching the Cats next year – he has another year on his contract – and believe he can be dismissed as a candidate for the Carlton position.

But uncertainty surrounds Scott’s Geelong panel, with Corey Enright a strong chance to move on and defensive coach Matthew Scarlett’s future also uncertain.

Brad Scott is a leading candidate to fill a senior football management role with the AFL – at least part of the duties of the previous football boss Steve Hocking. Scott has not gone public with his plans as yet, but the Blues want him in the process.

Carlton approached four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson about taking the job, with Clarkson’s management more than once saying that the now-departed Hawthorn coach would not coach in 2022, when he will be paid the final year of his contract as Sam Mitchell takes the reins.

Carlton have been reluctant to give up on Clarkson, but the fact that the club is interviewing a host of other candidates can be read as a signal that the Blues are pressing on with a process wider than what was first mooted by president Luke Sayers.

Ross Lyon, the ex-St Kilda and Fremantle coach, had been sounded out by Sayers and had declared interest in coaching Carlton, but subsequently withdrew after learning the process was slated to take between 30 and 45 days.

New board member and former champion Greg Williams is heading up the coach search, supported by three-time premiership coach David Parkin, board members Patty Kinnersley and Tim Lincoln and head of football Brad Lloyd, who has retained his position following the review of the football department that ended with the sacking of Teague and exit of some of their assistant coaches.

Should Brian Cook, the exiting Geelong chief executive, take up the same role with the Blues, as Geelong expects, he would join the panel, replacing removed CEO Cain Liddle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

So it is a real process we are interviewing experienced and young coaches
The panel
Is more than a fiction and we are looking for a quality coach
So where’s the shambles where’s the knee jerk where’s the lip service to process

Once again it’s all hot air

Niall is one of the only credible footy journalists and gets most things right and doesn’t go into print unless he checks his sources
The media hysteria around this is nothing but hot air

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

It's a real process because Clarkson and Lyon who we wanted to pick up outside a process rejected us.

I would be happy with Gia BTW. He was highly rated by the Bulldogs while he was still playing. He was always going to be a senior coach one day. I like the idea of a new coach. You always know that they'll have the hunger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:26 pm 
Banned

Clarkson, Lyon and Buckley rejected us.

No option but to find a young coach.

Credibility is shot for Sayers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 pm 
Banned

,,,and FFS give the young coach a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Disagree Walsh. Sayers knows what he is doing and will have the last laugh with the media.
IMO - It will be an experienced coach.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Completely wrong Walsh Sayers reputation is being added to and enhanced every day
I don’t care if it is an experienced coach or not I have a lot more faith in this administration than the past 5 and their choice of the next coach and the support network around them
This week you have slagged off Sayers the Federal Treasurer pea hearted midfielders just to name a few but yet you think a coach that was sacked after 2 years of underperformance who was found to be not very good by an external review as the bees knees
Go figure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 pm 
Banned

frank dardew wrote:
Completely wrong Walsh Sayers reputation is being added to and enhanced every day
I don’t care if it is an experienced coach or not I have a lot more faith in this administration than the past 5 and their choice of the next coach and the support network around them
This week you have slagged off Sayers the Federal Treasurer pea hearted midfielders just to name a few but yet you think a coach that was sacked after 2 years of underperformance who was found to be not very good by an external review as the bees knees
Go figure

Federal Treasurer is clueless he doesn't take into account injury list and calling it a good list which it isn't as we have no midfield
The midfield is the lowest ranked in the competition
..Sayers is a corporate idiot and showing as much so far and is lost at sea with his credibility shot for all the football community to see. The guy is pathetically underwhelming and should stick to his day job.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 pm 
Robert Walls

Can we please ban this crap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bluey44 wrote:
Can we please ban this crap.

agreed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh, have some self awareness.
This has nothing to do with Sayers.
It's about your language you have used in your above posts.
Enough, alright.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm 
Banned

Sidefx wrote:
Walsh, have some self awareness.
This has nothing to do with Sayers.
It's about your language you have used in your above posts.
Enough, alright.

Nothing wrong with the language towards a manipulative clown.

I stand by what I said - I won't repeat it but 100% stand by it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Provocative, disconnected criticism of Luke Sayers , insensitive , snipping which smacks of amateurish Trump like behavior, just ignore it will go away.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 84  Next