Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I noticed the typical sniggering of FC last night and Caro went at pains to say we had approached Fagan

I would be extremely disappointed if the panel had not approached him as well as others including Hardwick, Hinkley- Simpson , Longmire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

She said it was Parko that approached Fagan.

Quote:
I can also reveal that David Parkin, who sits on the coaching sub-committee, approached Chris Fagan not so long ago about the possibility of him coming to the club and being senior coach.

Chris Fagan knocked that on the head immediately.

Game over, Caro. There is no way known David Parkin would step out of bounds like that - and an equal chance of Chris Fagan talking out of school.

Sure, there almost certainly was a phone call from one respected educator to another, but the content of that conversation would be kept in confidence.

She may have just outed the rat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:00 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Carlton are looking for an experienced coach only so forget about assistants that have not coached at senior level. FWIW, my preferred order is:

1. Clarkson
2. Lyon
3. C Scott
4. Buckley
5. Voss
6. M Williams
99. Pyke
100. Madhouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
azzablue wrote:
jim wrote:
zoneman wrote:
Forgive me if I'm an eternal optimist. I think we'll sort ourselves out as a club. I get the acrimony and I feel it too. However, It's not unusual for clubs to got through turmoil. And it will happen again at other clubs. Sure a little different from what we're going through but not much, if at all. I will give the club credit; though, it has removed a lot of personal from the top to the players. so they're keen to get themselves in a better position. I would've preferred to have David Teague stay on with an improved assistant coaching list and be told that he is expected to improve his defensive skills. Then, if that hadn't been the case then we'd go for Alistair Clarkson. However again, it is what it is and we have no control over that except with our membership contributions. We could sign for an EGM but that doesn't seem to have come about, if I'm correct. I would be happy for that if it came about and go to the meetings and hear what everyone has to say and vote accordingly. I think we have to sit tight and wait for things to unfold. it's hard.

I think we should have let Teague see out his contact, actually support him, a novelty here, put good people around him and tell him to improve aspects of his coaching. Just for the fact Clarko and Buckley would have been around next year if Teague still struggled. That would have been a much easier way. Would have looked more creditable rather than a laughing stock. Now we a rummaging through the $2 bin just in the hope of finding the dregs that are left.

Hopefully the Pyke rumour is right, be a good get, otherwise it's a first timer because there is nothing else left.

Firstly you wouldn’t of got good assistants around. Teague next year , knowing the scrunity he was under , second of all it had been discovered and acknowledged that they made a mistake hiring him

And you can’t go from Teague to Pyke , Pyke ruined a culture of footy team , the buck stops with the coach

As hird was a key factor in the drugs scandal and Pyke was a key factor in That camp and letting it proceed

If you get a chance read the article in the herald sun about the 20 points that turned Melbourne around and it started with Peter Jackson strong ceo and Paul Roos to build a culture after such a long losing culture ,, it says it all and as they say now , the the rest is history !!

Pyke made an error with the camp but it is something you learn from. He can certainly coach. Be absolutely silly just to write him off on that camp. Right now he is the favourite for the job at $3. Closed minds don't help.

Teague did a better job than anyone here this century other than Ratts. He had thing she needed to tidy up but he had us a competitive side, on the scoreboard at least, which barely anyone else had come close bar Ratts. We have the worst culture imaginable, so we did ok to get away with what we did, especially with players who refuse to defend or runs both ways. Teague trusted them to do that and they didn't. That culture issue has been there for 20 years. There is no argument there and it has brought down 6 coaches. Probably do it again in 2 years. No patience here among the club itself or supporters. It is always instant success or sack everyone. Richmond and Melbourne took 8 years and there was plenty of shit in that time leading up, especially with Melbourne. They knew what to do though because they are a professional club, the coach had their real ups and downs, like Teague, but put the right people in place and look where they are. At Carlton, we just expect success instantly or else. Not the 80's anymore. We are just losers.

All we had to do was let Teague see out his contract then others, like Clarko and Buckley, would have been available after a break. We would have looked a decent club and more attractive if we needed to swap coaches at the end of 2022. Instead we are rummaging through the $2 bin to find a coach because we want experience and looking like an absolute pack of idiots in the process. Coaches look at us and think, "why would I go to Carlton?". This garbage has probably set the club culture back even further. What a rabble!

Sorry mate you are getting worse than Walsh , and you haven’t read the room as Teague didn’t read the room when he sided with Liddle over sos and Teague thought he was untouchable while liddle was there

Again as sayers said Teague was invited to discuss the review a few weeks out before the season finished , he refused , he let pickers tee off on the club and our captain while he was wearing his media hat !!

Pyke was involved in racial acts against the indigenous players of the crows ,,,

Pyle will not be coaching us , take that to
The bank ...

You need to get over Teague , I have no idea why you keep on harping on about him ,
Who did we beat this year that was of any substance that we can hang out hat on ??

Last edited by azzablue on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Andrew Walker?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Tee hee

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/09/13/carlton-has-no-idea-the-blues-2021-season-review/?fbclid=IwAR0Dj6xKgfjVLCK91FRPGrlZgMRrX9tjKHibLKPk3FDNf8PmSuAT21onULQ

This dude's view does align pretty closely with my understanding of Walsh's view - is that fair, Walsh?

Although I was a supporter of Teague, I lost faith either in his game plan and/or his ability to communicate it.
Of course, I realise the playing list must take a fair share of the blame but ultimately, its up to the coach to get the players doing what is required (not only the coach but the coach is accountable).

I believe the case for retaining Teague but with better assistants would come with huge risk because, unlike Hardwick, Thompson, Goodwin, or Buckley, Teague had not already got his team into the finals. And I suspect he had already been challenged at the end of last year to lift the defensive side which he either couldn't or wouldn't do (his comments pre Bulldogs game may have been taken out of context but were a little alarming).

In any event, it is far from guaranteed that our on-field performance would get better with Teague next year, and there is a reasonably strong case that it would not. And that if it did not, (good) players might start to leave. So the option of him continuing was far from risk free. A new coach also carries risk but it also brings hope and optimism too.

And re the Board, Sayers has turned over half the Board. And, with a new President, that is pretty significant change.

I think it is a bit worrying to hear of coaches dropping out and others publicly appear to be cautious but I still believe Carlton is a serious destination club for a prospective coach with our list and supporter base. If some are dropping off, its probably b/c we're not that interested in them.

While I do not believe Williams is the sharpest tool in the shed, I do think he understands what is required on the field; and also he is very direct in providing his thoughts. And we can use a bit of that. Plus, I am comforted that Parkin is a part of the process: he may no longer be up to speed with the latest tactics (although probably more across them than most of us on TC) but he definitely understands what is required to be a good coach and what is required for a strong culture.

Remember, Melbourne finished 17th two years ago. And only finished 9th last year. And they've had 6 coaches in the past 10 years. And 3 Presidents. And 3 CEO's. And 6 different captains.
And only last year, their midfield was described as one-paced and not good enough. They still had not worked out their preferred forward set up even a few weeks ago.
So, let's not get sucked in about how bad it is and how long its going to take.
We are making moves. These moves will make a difference. There are a lot of moving parts and there are risks. But I believe we have reason to be optimistic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

17th Premiership wrote:
jim wrote:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/09/13/carlton-has-no-idea-the-blues-2021-season-review/?fbclid=IwAR0Dj6xKgfjVLCK91FRPGrlZgMRrX9tjKHibLKPk3FDNf8PmSuAT21onULQ

This dude's view does align pretty closely with my understanding of Walsh's view - is that fair, Walsh?

Although I was a supporter of Teague, I lost faith either in his game plan and/or his ability to communicate it.
Of course, I realise the playing list must take a fair share of the blame but ultimately, its up to the coach to get the players doing what is required (not only the coach but the coach is accountable).

I believe the case for retaining Teague but with better assistants would come with huge risk because, unlike Hardwick, Thompson, Goodwin, or Buckley, Teague had not already got his team into the finals. And I suspect he had already been challenged at the end of last year to lift the defensive side which he either couldn't or wouldn't do (his comments pre Bulldogs game may have been taken out of context but were a little alarming).

In any event, it is far from guaranteed that our on-field performance would get better with Teague next year, and there is a reasonably strong case that it would not. And that if it did not, (good) players might start to leave. So the option of him continuing was far from risk free. A new coach also carries risk but it also brings hope and optimism too.

And re the Board, Sayers has turned over half the Board. And, with a new President, that is pretty significant change.

I think it is a bit worrying to hear of coaches dropping out and others publicly appear to be cautious but I still believe Carlton is a serious destination club for a prospective coach with our list and supporter base. If some are dropping off, its probably b/c we're not that interested in them.

While I do not believe Williams is the sharpest tool in the shed, I do think he understands what is required on the field; and also he is very direct in providing his thoughts. And we can use a bit of that. Plus, I am comforted that Parkin is a part of the process: he may no longer be up to speed with the latest tactics (although probably more across them than most of us on TC) but he definitely understands what is required to be a good coach and what is required for a strong culture.

Remember, Melbourne finished 17th two years ago. And only finished 9th last year. And they've had 6 coaches in the past 10 years. And 3 Presidents. And 3 CEO's. And 6 different captains.
And only last year, their midfield was described as one-paced and not good enough. They still had not worked out their preferred forward set up even a few weeks ago.
We are making moves. These moves will make a difference. There are a lot of moving parts and there are risks. But I believe we have reason to be optimistic.

All well and good, but Melbourne's last 7 years in the coaches chair has had Paul Roos into the annointed one Simon Goodwin, which means they have stability in the coaching department.

Sure, the personalities change slightly, as do the tactics, but the message would be on par, and similar, and so would the internal expectations.

I dont think the situations are quite as comparable.

I think the club has made their decision, and the fact that there is a debate is as follows: People didnt know if Teague was going to be the right coach, and they similarly didnt know if he was the wrong coach, and you can form your pros and cons for both positions, but the current route has one clear advantage over staying with Teague, and that is this time around, Sayers is assembling a heirarchy that he is going to back in, to work as a team, so we shouldnt have this level of turnover again, unless we get the appointments wrong.

Melbourne have been drafting high picks, and rebuilding and rebuilding for a very long time, and its worth remembering that their "first" start, is back in 2009 when Trengove and Scully went picks 1 and 2, and Gawn was selected in the 40's.

Sticking with Teague at this point of time, was possibly going to be an ok result, but I think that we either needed to be 100% in with him, or move him on, and its clear that people werent convinced enough. We couldnt stick with him for one more year it was either back him in for 3 or move him on. The club chose the latter. That might still not have been the right choice, but it definately isnt the wrong one and that sums that up as best as I can. He was likely gone end of next year bar a miracle, and personally, 2023 is when it will all "click" for our group, because thats when most of our players will hit that 100 game mark together.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

thryleon wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
jim wrote:

All well and good, but Melbourne's last 7 years in the coaches chair has had Paul Roos into the annointed one Simon Goodwin, which means they have stability in the coaching department.

Sure, the personalities change slightly, as do the tactics, but the message would be on par, and similar, and so would the internal expectations.

I dont think the situations are quite as comparable.

I think the club has made their decision, and the fact that there is a debate is as follows: People didnt know if Teague was going to be the right coach, and they similarly didnt know if he was the wrong coach, and you can form your pros and cons for both positions, but the current route has one clear advantage over staying with Teague, and that is this time around, Sayers is assembling a heirarchy that he is going to back in, to work as a team, so we shouldnt have this level of turnover again, unless we get the appointments wrong.

Melbourne have been drafting high picks, and rebuilding and rebuilding for a very long time, and its worth remembering that their "first" start, is back in 2009 when Trengove and Scully went picks 1 and 2, and Gawn was selected in the 40's.

Sticking with Teague at this point of time, was possibly going to be an ok result, but I think that we either needed to be 100% in with him, or move him on, and its clear that people werent convinced enough. We couldnt stick with him for one more year it was either back him in for 3 or move him on. The club chose the latter. That might still not have been the right choice, but it definately isnt the wrong one and that sums that up as best as I can. He was likely gone end of next year bar a miracle, and personally, 2023 is when it will all "click" for our group, because thats when most of our players will hit that 100 game mark together.

Quote:
People didnt know if Teague was going to be the right coach, and they similarly didnt know if he was the wrong coach, and you can form your pros and cons for both positions, but the current route has one clear advantage over staying with Teague, and that is this time around, Sayers is assembling a heirarchy that he is going to back in, to work as a team,

Agree with this. The whole post is actually pretty spot on, IMO. The primary reason I was comparing with Melbourne, is to note that things are not as bad as some people/media are making it out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Andrew Walker?

Would really hurt the soft cap.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
:lol: ... I just can’t look away Walshy. You’ve made this site relevant again. :donk:
Wish we could get Synbad back right now. Now that would be something. :razz:

That's nice.

I'm going to respond to this because I've read too much negativity towards Carlton, Carltonians, and every now and then towards Carlton forums, not always from non Carlton fans either.

I've been semi retired since my mid 50's, so about 6 years. I have plenty of leisure time. When there's no travel restrictions, plenty of time to travel interstate, to catch up with mates, ex team mates and watch games, discuss all things Carlton and Footy, but have lots of other hobbies too, like going to good bars, restaurants, fave old pubs, and clubs, and old girlfriends. At the end of the day, Carlton is my No 1 passion. I look forward to meeting a few more people from the TC collective, including you Surry Blue. Water finds its own level.

In my spare time, I like to view all Carlton fan forums and others too, daily. When I'm overseas, not so daily.

Maybe like you, I have been a registered user on all the Carlton forums, since the 2002 AFL's Demetriou-Evans penalties, before I discovered TC, which I discovered through a mate who posts on another forum. But I choose to post and be actively involved in only one site, for several reasons. Like other fans, the obvious reason is the amount of time it takes to post and respond, to debate with respect and knowledge. It does consume a lot of time.

Some registered users don't EVER post on any site, some sporadically, some spread themselves around and share the love and their passion for all things Carlton.

I understand why time poor readers wouldn't go to BF and have to syphon through the plethora of non footy posts (like this one) but I admire the passion and knowledge of a couple posters on BF. Pity some posters like Harker and Soapy were hounded out like an episode of Lord of the Flies, but I like them too. I like staying connected to the thoughts of many of the old TC posters now at BF. I laugh at their reasons for leaving TC, such as the Blue screen, which I prefer, and the vitriol from old posters like Synbad who made TC their political soap box, (which you happen to like), when even just yesterday the same posters were having a go at each other's throat talking politics. Synbad was a bloody good footballer at Prahran and a smart cookie studying Classical Greek at Monash, hence his adeptness with philosophy, but back in those days of Boardroom battles, he took sides, and, you either loved him or you didn't, but no one could question his passion for Carlton; that's what we all love about Carltonians ...all of them. Our passion.

The beauty of screens, vitriol of footy politics, general waffle, and relevance to a Carlton audience is all in the eyes of the beholder. "Walsh" is important to TC for diversity, and for you, relevance of the site, yet I have to roll my eyes with some of his remarks and of those who personally attack him. Its all Carlton related. Driven by passion and agenda, but mainly by a desire to see our team back on top and celebrate with our Blue Brethren when we win a game, a Final, and that special day we hold the cup together, no matter which site they indulge.

I have a soft spot for all Carltonians, and have to say, without bias, because I know BF posters who don't post on TC but read it daily, I believe TC has a lot of good quality posters, highly intelligent, with a great grip of on and off field AFL and Carlton issues, along with some BF ITK's with a different forum name, who are not posters called "Walsh", but make TC enjoyable and relevant for passionate carlton people. You may agree (and I don't need to name them, because there's plenty of quality posters you know here) and therefore, try and understand that the mud you throw at your Carlton brethren here at TC, questioning their relevancy, as did another original poster this week, isn't nice, nor correct. TC is relevant to a lot of us, including Walsh, and you.

TC was once a huge forum with record hits and active posters back in the day when Judd chose Carlton in 2007, and it has been an important site for many Carltonians to refer to around Draft and Trade time, let alone game day... then there's crickets in the off season. That's how it works. There's TC posters who are great posters but also post on BF, such is their connection to all things relavant to their passion, Carlton. TC is a Carlton FC institution, despite its boutique size, its a quick read, not much non footy crap (like my post now), and relevant.

I didn't mention it earlier, but loyalty to the site is another reason I post on TC, in appreciation of the quality posters and their POV, insights, memories and opinions, and the joy they bring me on good days, and a forum I've been allowed to pour my sorrows and pain when we lose or something bad happens to my club, like that terrible day when I was overseas and read about the Draft Penalties handed out the day before the 2002 Draft.

On this site, TC, I personally know, posters from overseas, interstate, a couple ex players, a CMO, a CFO, Herald Sun employee, lately we all found out about a close mate of mine, the poster who nearly landed the CEO role at Collingwood, a footy coach, and I've even met an ex recruiter and his wife at a player's sponsorship night. There's plenty of insight to be found at TC, not found elsewhere. Like you, I know there are esteemed people on this site, whom I respect and look forward to hearing their opinion of Carlton issues.

Quality counts. Sometimes its more important than quantity.

I'm glad you visited, and I look forward to catching up with you when restrictions ease and read your posts here at TC and BF, and please show more respect for all things Carlton.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
She said it was Parko that approached Fagan.

Quote:
I can also reveal that David Parkin, who sits on the coaching sub-committee, approached Chris Fagan not so long ago about the possibility of him coming to the club and being senior coach.

Chris Fagan knocked that on the head immediately.

Game over, Caro. There is no way known David Parkin would step out of bounds like that - and an equal chance of Chris Fagan talking out of school.

Sure, there almost certainly was a phone call from one respected educator to another, but the content of that conversation would be kept in confidence.

She may have just outed the rat.

I believe your version of events Crusader :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
Carlton are looking for an experienced coach only so forget about assistants that have not coached at senior level. FWIW, my preferred order is:

1. Clarkson
2. Lyon
3. C Scott
4. Buckley
5. Voss
6. M Williams
99. Pyke
100. Madhouse

Madhouse made BBW's list...FMD, the sky is falling

I'm curious why Pyke is 99?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:

Again as sayers said Teague was invited to discuss the review a few weeks out before the season finished , he refused , he let pickers tee off on the club and our captain while he was wearing his media hat !!

Very important point often avoided by Teague supporters.

The reason for the circus in the last 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

BigBlueWave wrote:

1. Clarkson
2. Lyon
3. C Scott
4. Buckley
5. Voss
6. M Williams
99. Pyke
100. Madhouse

I doubt C Scott would be a good fit, we only have 2 player over 30 at the moment. :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
:lol: ... I just can’t look away Walshy. You’ve made this site relevant again. :donk:

That's nice.

I'm going to respond to this because I've read too much negativity towards Carlton, Carltonians, and every now and then towards Carlton forums, not always from non Carlton fans either.

I've been semi retired since my mid 50's, so about 6 years. I have plenty of leisure time. When there's no travel restrictions, plenty of time to travel interstate, to catch up with mates, ex team mates and watch games, discuss all things Carlton and Footy, but have lots of other hobbies too, like going to good bars, restaurants, fave old pubs, and clubs, and old girlfriends. At the end of the day, Carlton is my No 1 passion. I look forward to meeting a few more people from the TC collective, including you Surry Blue. Water finds its own level.

In my spare time, I like to view all Carlton fan forums and others too, daily. When I'm overseas, not so daily.

Maybe like you, I have been a registered user on all the Carlton forums, since the 2002 AFL's Demetriou-Evans penalties, before I discovered TC, which I discovered through a mate who posts on another forum. But I choose to post and be actively involved in only one site, for several reasons. Like other fans, the obvious reason is the amount of time it takes to post and respond, to debate with respect and knowledge. It does consume a lot of time.

Some registered users don't EVER post on any site, some sporadically, some spread themselves around and share the love and their passion for all things Carlton.

I understand why time poor readers wouldn't go to BF and have to syphon through the plethora of non footy posts (like this one) but I admire the passion and knowledge of a couple posters on BF. Pity some posters like Harker and Soapy were hounded out like an episode of Lord of the Flies, but I like them too. I like staying connected to the thoughts of many of the old TC posters now at BF. I laugh at their reasons for leaving TC, such as the Blue screen, which I prefer, and the vitriol from old posters like Synbad who made TC their political soap box, (which you happen to like), when even just yesterday the same posters were having a go at each other's throat talking politics. Synbad was a bloody good footballer at Prahran and a smart cookie studying Classical Greek at Monash, hence his adeptness with philosophy, but back in those days of Boardroom battles, he took sides, and, you either loved him or you didn't, but no one could question his passion for Carlton; that's what we all love about Carltonians ...all of them. Our passion.

The beauty of screens, vitriol of footy politics, general waffle, and relevance to a Carlton audience is all in the eyes of the beholder. "Walsh" is important to TC for diversity, and for you, relevance of the site, yet I have to roll my eyes with some of his remarks and of those who personally attack him. Its all Carlton related. Driven by passion and agenda, but mainly by a desire to see our team back on top and celebrate with our Blue Brethren when we win a game, a Final, and that special day we hold the cup together, no matter which site they indulge.

I have a soft spot for all Carltonians, and have to say, without bias, because I know BF posters who don't post on TC but read it daily, I believe TC has a lot of good quality posters, highly intelligent, with a great grip of on and off field AFL and Carlton issues, along with some BF ITK's with a different forum name, who are not posters called "Walsh", but make TC enjoyable and relevant for passionate carlton people. You may agree (and I don't need to name them, because there's plenty of quality posters you know here) and therefore, try and understand that the mud you throw at your Carlton brethren here at TC, questioning their relevancy, as did another original poster this week, isn't nice, nor correct. TC is relevant to a lot of us, including Walsh, and you.

TC was once a huge forum with record hits and active posters back in the day when Judd chose Carlton in 2007, and it has been an important site for many Carltonians to refer to around Draft and Trade time, let alone game day... then there's crickets in the off season. That's how it works. There's TC posters who are great posters but also post on BF, such is their connection to all things relavant to their passion, Carlton. TC is a Carlton FC institution, despite its boutique size, its a quick read, not much non footy crap (like my post now), and relevant.

I didn't mention it earlier, but loyalty to the site is another reason I post on TC, in appreciation of the quality posters and their POV, insights, memories and opinions, and the joy they bring me on good days, and a forum I've been allowed to pour my sorrows and pain when we lose or something bad happens to my club, like that terrible day when I was overseas and read about the Draft Penalties handed out the day before the 2002 Draft.

On this site, TC, I personally know, posters from overseas, interstate, a couple ex players, a CMO, a CFO, Herald Sun employee, lately we all found out about a close mate of mine, the poster who nearly landed the CEO role at Collingwood, a footy coach, and I've even met an ex recruiter and his wife at a player's sponsorship night. There's plenty of insight to be found at TC, not found elsewhere. Like you, I know there are esteemed people on this site, whom I respect and look forward to hearing their opinion of Carlton issues.

I'm glad you visited, and I look forward to catching up with you when restrictions ease and read your posts here at TC and BF, and please show more respect for all things Carlton.

Go Blues.

Well said, Bondi.
Btw, do you actually live in Bondi?
If so, I'd love to catch up when I'm next up there visiting my in-laws post-lockdown!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

maybe post lockdown we could have a pub meeting? It has been a lonnnnnnnng time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

That's nice.

Go Blues.

Well said, Bondi.
Btw, do you actually live in Bondi?
If so, I'd love to catch up when I'm next up there visiting my in-laws post-lockdown!

Sure!

I've got a nice house in Nth Bondi, but my kids love Maroubra Beach more, so living at the Bra House.

I like Maroubra Beach more too TBH. Its a bigger and better surf beach than Bondi, surrounded by flora and fauna, not flats, and only 4 main beaches down.

Bondi Beach has better bars and restaurants, and a lot more good looking people. I'm married, so its no good to me. Good for an appetitie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
azzablue wrote:

Very important point often avoided by Teague supporters.

The reason for the circus in the last 2 weeks.

Exactly , what I like about sayers , you ain’t going to die wondering and I think that’s why he appointed Williams as director, no bs policy !! If people at the club don’t like it , they won’t last long ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
maybe post lockdown we could have a pub meeting? It has been a lonnnnnnnng time.

What! and listen to you and London Blue tell each other how much love you have for each other's keyboard eloquence?

I can't wait to get down to Melbourne: Centre of the Universe...well Princes Park is to be precise.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 84  Next