Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

To be honest I would prefer have no key forwards and only one ruckman than go too tall like that time we played Pitto, TDK, Levi and Harry in the same team. We’re going to be forced to try and play the right way now

We will have to work bloody hard. Need to run all day and run in waves with lots of handballs. As soon as we stop running we’ll resort to long down the line and North’s tall defenders will pick them off every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by jake_h03 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

Big test for the coaches today

Norf are last... no excuses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:16 pm 
John James

Apparently getting games in Murphy so he can improve enough to make 300 is more important than playing “the youth”. Even against a bottom four side (danger game written all over it not withstanding).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:18 pm 
John James

jake_h03 wrote:
To be honest I would prefer have no key forwards and only one ruckman than go too tall like that time we played Pitto, TDK, Levi and Harry in the small team. We’re going to be forced to try and play the right way now

We will have to work bloody hard. Need to run all day and run in waves with lots of handballs. As soon as we stop running we’ll resort to long down the line and North’s tall defenders will pick them off every time

Agree fully. But ultimately players should be picked on form and little else. Especially with the season pretty much shot, hope springs eternal i know. If a team like ours can’t adapt structures prior to a game against a bottom four side (with players returning from early season injury — I know) to play without genuine talks other than a single tuck then how are we gonna g to adapt our game style during games to counter oppositions who have momentum or are on top of us on the score board?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm 
John James

jake_h03 wrote:
Our first 5 choice key forwards out and only one fit ruckman on the list. This one be will be tough despite the opponent. Let’s hope we can turn our weakness into our strength. Small forward line with lots of movement. Lower the eyes and hit up leading targets with short, low kicks

I think you forgot Eddie Betts and Owies. Both leading goal kickers this year. Has Casbault even kicked one this season? I think I recall one. Many behinds at clutch moments.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We all know we are up against it today.

We all know we've changed the way we play and improved in the last 5 weeks with a pile of injuries.

We all know we have to adapt and play to our strengths to win today.

Ed's 200th is huge motivation. Finals should be a motivation too.
Plenty to prove to the public about our individual's and the team.

Belief is so important and the last month has helped in that area.

North Melb are missing only big name player in Tarrant, Carlton is missing 8, including our 2 KPF's.
They are bottom of the ladder. Injuries should not stop us from prevailing and improving.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

diesel95 wrote:
Apparently getting games in Murphy so he can improve enough to make 300 is more important than playing “the youth”. Even against a bottom four side (danger game written all over it not withstanding).

Absolutely disgraceful !!

The end of Teague can’t come soon enough , 5 weeks and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Our first 5 choice key forwards out and only one fit ruckman on the list. This one be will be tough despite the opponent. Let’s hope we can turn our weakness into our strength. Small forward line with lots of movement. Lower the eyes and hit up leading targets with short, low kicks

I think you forgot Eddie Betts and Owies. Both leading goal kickers this year. Has Casbault even kicked one this season? I think I recall one. Many behinds at clutch moments.

I think jake is referring to structure and the traditional role of a spine with KPF's: FF and CHF

1st Choice KPF's: McKay & Charlie
2nd Choice: Levi
3rd Choice: DeKoning (filling in No. 1 ruck in Pittonet's absence)
4th Choice: McGovern can play tall marking forward.

The Mosquito fleet Betts, Owies, Fisher are Jack's little helpers today.
Betts is a great CHF. Problem is he can't kick further than 35 metres.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful !!

The end of Teague can’t come soon enough , 5 weeks and counting

I didn't want Murphy in the team earlier this year because it was always going to come to this at the pointy end of the season.
Too late now. For me, its a moral obligation we have now to Murphy, as humans, to help him to 300.
By not doing what we can to get him to 300 now, will haunt the club moreso than the opposite.

Gotta live with it azza. We make our own bed and we sleep in it.
Its not going to be an issue next year when we clear the deck.

I hope his 300th is against Port and we win it for him like teams have for the last dozen players to reach 300. Then, we finally have a scalp.

I'm not losing sleep on this issue any more. I feel your angst. Breath in. Breath out.

Lets get a @#$%&! win today, and hope we don't need a sub.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10