Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Tuesday is great after a win :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
A great win IMO.

Seeing that emotion on JSOS face both after his goal and after the game was priceless and emotional (for me too as I welled up big time).

Coaching: I'm going to put my opinion on this. To me it seems the backline coach (along with teague input) has been doing rather nicely. Someone mentioned we have averaged something like we have improved the points against us to about 60 odd since the bye. That a tick to the support coaching group (Is it Amos as the backline coach, but also including Teague) surely?

Since Barker left (ex Midfield coach), its been blatantly obvious how much impact, improvement and consistency we have seen from SPS, Dow, Kennedy, Walsh (just keeps increasing his superstarness), and Martin. Credit to Luke Power (along with Teague) surely?

My point is maybe just maybe Teague having decent support coaches (like luke power) and maybe just maybe the message from the powers that be has also turned around (we dont seem to be gifting games so much to Murphy (his injuries aside) for example), so maybe just maybe the club should be considering how they can support teague with more decent assistant coaches (the forwardline one should be looked at for example) before sacking the coach AGAIN.

Oh and THAT goal from Sam Walsh..... WOW!!!!!

To be fair and to put this in perspective.
The review was announced, Barker quit and the coaching staff then decided to play them in their positions they were drafted for. We then rested Cripps for a game (hopefully we keep resting him until he is 100% fit) which seems to have freed both Kennedy and Dow up as they are no longer looking for him all the time. There are a lot of variables just there.
We can all speculate and read into it what you like, but I think it is more unlikely than likely this had anything to do with Barker leaving and Teague knowing what he's doing. It is more likely that the outside pressure regarding our lack of development and playing our top draft picks out of position had more to do with it than anything. Alongside this we have Cripps always commanding the ball in the clearances, making us very predictable. I also think having a midfielder coaching the midfield is an obvious and I'm sure Power is starting to put his mark on the group but I doubt it would be as much of an impact as we've seen as playing players position.
My issue as with many is Teague has had all year to rectify these issues and his game day tactics are still questionable. Something that may take years for him to develop, then the question becomes - Can we wait that long and can he even do it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

For all the praise, we were a shambles for the first half. They still chipped their way up through the corridor from kick-ins and we still bombed blindly to packs and contests and ran around like headless chooks.

Much like our previous wins against Essendon*, Hawthorn, Freo, Adelaide, it's an unconvincing win against a bottom side which papers over the cracks. We would have lost to probably 10 other sides on the daye unless.

The last quarter was epic and hopefully we can bring that level more consistently and against better sides. But I feel our lack of system makes it difficult to produce consistent, reliable football

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:
For all the praise, we were a shambles for the first half. They still chipped their way up through the corridor from kick-ins and we still bombed blindly to packs and contests and ran around like headless chooks.

Much like our previous wins against Essendon**, Hawthorn, Freo, Adelaide, it's an unconvincing win against a bottom side which papers over the cracks. We would have lost to probably 10 other sides on the daye unless.

The last quarter was epic and hopefully we can bring that level more consistently and against better sides. But I feel our lack of system makes it difficult to produce consistent, reliable football

We readjusted in the 3rd qtr, got the defence further up, block the corridor, ran and pressed. As Harvey said after the game, it was like a dam wall busting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:09 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Loved the way JSOS mark was to the wing position on the members stand side :wink:

Yep, McKay to the wing position……. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:47 am 
Bruce Doull

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8